Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#267586 - 09/26/09 01:30 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
...users who switched from Yamaha to Wersi...

Are there such people?!

[This message has been edited by Seamaster (edited 09-26-2009).]

#267587 - 09/26/09 05:25 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
Are there such people?!

I seriously doubt it, and I'm thinking there aren't many Roland players who would either.

Someone gave my friend's grandfather, a dedicated Roland player, a Wersi t-shirt, and, as a joke, they tried to put it on his dog.

Well, he barked, he snarled, he bit, he kicked, and then he peed and defecated on it...and, the dog behaved even worse than him.

#267588 - 09/26/09 06:28 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
A lot of home players and pros have gone from a Yamaha to a Wersi, and a lot of them have also kept both, as they complement each other as sweet as a nut.

As to whether a Wersi is for you or not, it boils down to what you want.

1. If you are perfectly happy to accept what the manufacture produces either as standard or as an add on, (Sounds, Features and Updates) then stick with a Hardware Arranger, as they are cheaper and will do most of what you require. (The perfect one has not been built, but there is plenty of choice out there)

2. If you want to be able to use sounds and features from other manufactures, (Akai samples, VSTi) with an easy to use interface, (After boot up the computer disappears) then the Wersi is the most viable option. (Others are available but usually require a more extensive knowledge of computers and music interfaces)

There is no right or wrong about either, its purely personal choice. (As I like to mix & match sounds and features from a selection of manufactures, for me, the Wersi is the best choice)

As to styles, then these are very expensive to produce, (As explained in other threads) and production of large numbers is way beyond the financial resources of smaller manufactures, therefore it is only logical for them to design an interface that can play another kind of style as well as its native format, (Personally I wish they had chosen Roland rather then Yamaha, but then that’s just me) to give customers a much wider option.

Bill

#267589 - 09/26/09 04:02 PM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
Are there such people?!

I'm one of those people who moved from a Yamaha arranger to the Wersi. Yamaha didn't support the 9000 Pro like they claimed they would and after going back and forth with them, I had no other option but to dump Yamaha altogether.

I bought my Wersi sight unseen and based upon comments from other Wersi users I contacted and I haven't been disappointed since my purchase. The first time I switched the Wersi on I knew I had made the right decision. Its build quality, sounds, capabilities, and ease of use are unmatched by any other arranger.

#267590 - 09/27/09 02:00 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bottom line is, if you want styles that pretty much suck, get a Wersi. If you want to play Yamaha styles, and have THEM suck (compared to the original), get a Wersi. If you want to make ALL your own styles (amazing how the only people that bring this up are the ones that NEVER demo to us their own styles ) and use the great factory sounds, get a Wersi.

Just make sure you NEVER ever play us any of these self made masterpieces, or we might have one MORE reason to say the Wersi sucks...

Bottom line is, what's the POINT of having great lead sounds, if the style pretty much blows?

#267591 - 09/27/09 02:32 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Hi Diki

1. I suggest you follow your own advice and compare apples with apples and not apples with oranges.

2. Check what you have said in other threads, as a lot of your last post is contradictory.

#267592 - 09/27/09 02:43 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Interesting how little response there was to the post when first started in July, but since I have reset the links so I can use them in other projects, the response has jumped up.

Anyway the trials finished some time ago, so it’s back to normal, as without having the software in front of me it’s difficult to keep descriptions and comparisons accurate.

BFN

Bill

#267593 - 09/27/09 03:24 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Apples to oranges?

I'm comparing what I heard on one arranger with what I heard on another...

One of them didn't sound that good

Maybe, in the organ world, you are playing pedals, comping LH and leading with the right. All you need is a little timekeeping, and you are happy. Thing is, this is an ARRANGER forum. And, in the arranger world, the styles themselves are your backing band. You can be the world's best sax player, but if your combo don't swing, you still sound like poo.

Come on, Bill. You yourself admit the drums pretty much suck on the Wersi. And, where I come from, if your drums suck, that's it. Game over.

Organists have always seemed to tolerate the 'boom chick-a dunk-ah' drum beats and sounds, because the whole POINT of the organ experience is to emphasize the organ. Arrangers, OTOH, are all about trying to emulate REALITY. And 'boom chik-a dunk-a' ain't real. Not in my book, anyway...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online