SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#267576 - 07/19/09 10:31 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
An English PDF file can now be downloaded with full details of the trials that are included in R41 Update.
http://www.wersiclub.co.uk/OAS%207.1%20Release%2041%20(July%2009).pdf

Enjoy

Bill

#267577 - 07/19/09 10:44 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Hi Seamaster
Posts 4 and 9 are Yamaha Tyros 2 styles not Wersi styles (I made a point of this in the relevant posts)
From what I can gather like me, you are not a Yamaha style fan, I prefer Roland, Korg and Ketron styles myself.
As for comparisons with other arrangers/organs, do a search for keyboard festivals on SZ and you will find I do full reports on them, which includes listening and trying all the keyboards/organs on site.
Regards

Bill

#267578 - 07/19/09 11:17 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Anonymous
Unregistered

In which case I am baffled. I had a Tyros for a while, and even allowing for the unpredictable vagaries of style conversion, I don't recall any style on that keyboard sounding as, well, primitive as that one.

#267579 - 07/19/09 03:52 PM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Did you listen to both parts or did you just listen to the first part which was converted. (There’s some seconds gap between the converted style and direct play style, just as there was in the RD demos)
Apart from that, the Abacus is set up to how I like it. (I am just a home player, so use the internal speakers which probably isn’t the best way to set up for recording purposes)
Regards

Bill

#267580 - 09/24/09 10:45 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Reset Links

#267581 - 09/25/09 03:17 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Bachus Offline

Wersi is obviously in need of a new style engine...

I suppose that OAS vers. 8 is just around the corner, with native support of Yamaha styles that outclss yamaha's sound and Audio parts like Audya has and maybe even a good style editor.

I think this is what people expect from the most expensive keyboard on the Market.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#267582 - 09/25/09 06:25 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I suppose that OAS vers. 8 is just around the corner, with native support of Yamaha styles that outclss yamaha's sound and Audio parts like Audya has and maybe even a good style editor.

Not even a murmur

OAS 7 (About 4 years old now) will continue(With ongoing updates and options) with the Steinberg Hypersonic VSTi sound engine for new voices, the Creamware Scope sound engine for legacy voices, the OX 7 drawbar sound engine for old and new organ voicing and Wersi's own WAV player Drum module for drums.

The Apollo (And I believe the Pegasus Wing) just use the Steinberg Hypersonic VSTi sound engine, and possibly the Wersi drum module.

As to a style editor, what have other manufactures got that the OAA does not have? (Only the Audya has anything different, but due to hardware limitations it will always be limited in its capabilities)

#267583 - 09/25/09 11:54 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ye gods! Hypersonic has been out for YEARS... and sucked even back then.

Without Mega Voice and SA technology, how does Wersi think they are going to be able to play Yamaha styles as good as even a PSR3k, let alone a T3?

Bottom line... if you rely on your competition to provide the styles that pull you out of the mud you are in, you are ALWAYS going to be playing catchup. And once they have moved forward technologically from your soundset, you'll NEVER get caught up...

Time for Wersi to stop piggybacking on Yamaha, and come out with sound technologies and related styles that match their hugely inflated prices. If you cost the MOST, shouldn't you have the best styles and sounds, too?

#267584 - 09/25/09 12:45 PM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's sad to see a company whose own technology was once way out in front (W-, and to a lesser extent DX- series organs) now reduced to simply cobbling together other companies' hand-me-downs.

I guess that would be just about acceptable if they were sold with an appropriately bargain basement price tag. But at the prices they're charging, they're kidding only themselves.

#267585 - 09/26/09 01:01 AM Re: Wersi OAA Styles
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Ye gods! Hypersonic has been out for YEARS... and sucked even back then.

Without Mega Voice and SA technology, how does Wersi think they are going to be able to play Yamaha styles as good as even a PSR3k, let alone a T3?

Bottom line... if you rely on your competition to provide the styles that pull you out of the mud you are in, you are ALWAYS going to be playing catchup. And once they have moved forward technologically from your soundset, you'll NEVER get caught up...

Time for Wersi to stop piggybacking on Yamaha, and come out with sound technologies and related styles that match their hugely inflated prices. If you cost the MOST, shouldn't you have the best styles and sounds, too?

I'm sure Wersi only implemented Yamaha style playback in OAA so that users who switched from Yamaha to Wersi would be able to easily load their favorite styles into OAS. The style creator on the Wersi easily allows the user to create what the user wants, it just happens to be that most people don't create their own styles so they want to use other styles that are available from other manufacturers. Hence the use of OAA.

Sound wise the Wersi has no equal in any other arranger. I've said this time and time again, if you don't like the Wersi factory sounds which are almost all excellent, then simply load some AKAI samples, WAV files, or use VSTi. Try that on your T2, T3, or PSR.

Your conclusion that Wersi needs to catch up with Yamaha or other manufacturers is absurd. Who gives a damn about Mega Voices when you can load Real Guitars, True Piano, and Miroslav Orchestral sounds into your Wersi? I can't think of a single Yamaha sound that surpasses any of the sounds created by these programs.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online