SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#267231 - 07/06/09 07:56 AM Tyros3 matching speakers help
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
I'm looking for the best crystal clear sound system for my Tyros3.I have three choices
Logitech z5500
Bose L1
Bose compact L1(single or dual)

I think some you tried all these three speaker systems for your keyboard sound and vocals.Please give your advice.

Thanks,
Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267232 - 07/06/09 08:40 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I actually own all three systems.
I wouild recommend the Bose Compact, unless you are playing for groups larger than about 200.
The advantage of the Logitech would be hearing yourself in stereo, which is nice. You can get two Compacts for the price of one L1, and have the best of both worlds.
The Logitech sounds good, but is a pain to move all the pieces and set up everything. Of course the price is certainly right for the Logitech, if that is a consideration.
But you want crystal clear, so the Bose will be hard to beat.
DonM

#267233 - 07/06/09 11:33 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Some kind of info about what you intend to do with the system might help...

Do you gig? To whom? How loud? How often? How big is your car? How much weight can you carry? What are you using now? Can you accept mono, or will you prefer stereo?

That's a dramatic difference in price between your choices, a few hundred to a few thousand dollars Is price REALLY of no matter whatsoever? (must be nice )

All of those are good choices, but without better info on what you want it for, it is hard really to pick one...

#267234 - 07/06/09 08:23 PM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
sunny152 Offline

Don,
I forgot to mention about Podium 8" or 10" monitors.Is Bose compact L1 beats podium powered speakers in terms of sound quality?why you prefer dual L1 compact speakers over single classic L1? What made you get impressed on compact speakers ? what improvement you have noticed when using dual compact speakers?

Diki,
I play for groups for about 200.I like stereo sound.

Sunny

#267235 - 07/07/09 01:36 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
DonM Offline

I only have the 8-inch Podiums, but my friend Semilive has as set of 10s. He says they are great, but I haven't heard them personally.
I do prefer the sound of the Bose to the Podiums, but then there is a lot of difference in price.
I'm using two of them, because I do like to hear the stereo effect. Probably makes no difference to the audience. Some of the keyboard sounds were created with stereo effects in mind, so I'm sure they are optimized when heard in stereo.
I believe all of your choices would handle crowds of 200. It would be pushing one Compact, but two would handle that size very well. I haven't tried the Compacts on crowds larger than about 100 so far.
If price doesn't matter, and you don't mind toting pieces a little larger, then two Bose L1s would handle anything you will ever play.
Probably one would, but you wouldn't have stereo. Very few systems for really large venues, such as big concerts or outdoor festivals are stereo, as it is wasted on at least 90 percent of the crowd and may actually distract from the sound if the speakers are separated very far.
As Diki said, you must decide what fits your budget and needs best.
If I were you, I would probably try a pair of Compacts. You will have 45 days to return them if they don't do the job. You could them opt for the larger Bose, or take a shot with the Logitech or Podiums, both of which are very inexpensive for the sound they produce.
Let us know what you decide.
DonM

#267236 - 07/07/09 07:38 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
sunny152 Offline

Don,
At present i'm using Logitech z5500 but i'm tired of connecting all speakers and set up everything. Now i wan't to upgrade to Bose L1 compact either single or pair.So is this compact model suitable for keyboard and vocals?

Sunny

#267237 - 07/07/09 08:29 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
DonM Offline

I sure hope it's suitable, because I'm using a pair of them five nights a week! I love them.
I put the Logitech in my living room doing the surround sound for my TV.
DonM

#267238 - 07/07/09 12:09 PM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
Diki Offline

A pair of Compacts is right up your street, albeit at a price...

You might consider that for less money, you could get a pair of Mackie SRM450v2's http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-SRM450-v2-Active-Loudspeaker?sku=600652#new
that I would be willing to bet could go a LOT louder (if needed) than the Bose, and still have $800 change left over from the Bose price. Sure, you could go with the Podium's, but personally, I would go with something your local dealer probably stocks (and definitely supports) rather than something only available from direct supply.

The Compacts seem a great little system, but IMO, you sure pay through the nose for something that light (and low powered).

BTW, not trying to start another Bose War, just offering alternatives and thoughts...

#267239 - 07/08/09 05:32 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I like Diki's idea of the Mackie SRM450v2's.
I have the older HR824's and Ilove them.

Why not go to a dealer and try out the Mackies...after all what really counts is if you like them.

Lee S.

#267240 - 07/08/09 07:44 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
The Bose Compact is a realy nice system but way overpriced for a "made in China" peace of plastic with 200$ of electronics in it.
6 speakers + sub and amp.and 799$ for the name.

Impuls

#267241 - 07/08/09 08:21 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
To each his own, but I have found Bose to be of excellent quality, I know my L1 model 1 is. In fact I just ordered a compact from Sweetwater. It should be great for my NH gigs.

Bernie

#267242 - 07/08/09 11:50 AM Re: Tyros3 matching speakers help
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I like Diki's idea of the Mackie SRM450v2's.
I have the older HR824's and Ilove them.

Why not go to a dealer and try out the Mackies...after all what really counts is if you like them.

Lee S.

The HR824's and the SRM450's are completely different TYPES of speakers, though, Sunny. HR824's are studio nearfield monitors you would probably NEVER gig with (I'm not saying you can't, but I wouldn't recommend it) that sound AMAZING in the house or home studio (I have a pair, too), and the SRM's are PA speakers designed for the gigging pro...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online