SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267145 - 07/05/09 01:37 PM Mr9000's true identity
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Mr 9000 I noticed your profile has no web link nor an email address.

Could This be an Alias name?

#267146 - 07/05/09 01:51 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:

Your best bet would be to contact Nigel directly, Mikey...he could check to see if the IP address matches another member's.

Ian

#267147 - 07/05/09 01:54 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mikey_maestro Offline

I'm just annoyed that this moron questioned my integrity. I would deal with it privately, but he doesnt have any info anywhere in his profile.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#267148 - 07/05/09 02:16 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
He's been here since 01-14-2005 so he's not new.

#267149 - 07/05/09 02:20 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Why would a person want to post with a false identity. No matter what was said in the past this is the Sign of the True Character.

I guess the love of music does not cover every one’s needs.

John C.

#267150 - 07/05/09 03:44 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think this is just a case of passions running kind of hot about the 'alias' issue, Mikey.

No-one REALLY thinks you crazy, but you WERE the only one admitting to using aliases on the other thread... I can see your point (a little), but to be honest, the idea of having multiple handles so that one response doesn't factor in the other's posts is kind of deceptive. You ARE an entertainer of both kids and adults, so useful replies ought to at least factor that in, as you have to factor it in yourself, eventually, anyway...

The trouble comes from how do you distinguish between people with multiple handles that have (perhaps) a legitimate reason for wanting multiple identities, and those that use them to stir up trouble, self-aggrandize, and generally sow confusion on a forum? I would imagine that the latter FAR outnumber the former. And, if the forum allows a secondary handle that acknowledges the original poster, the entire reason for the alias becomes moot.

We don't think for one minute you ARE crazy (crazy like a fox, perhaps! ), but I simply think, from what I've read, that a forum that allows this is the REALLY crazy entity...

What happened on the other thread is, IMO, simply one more example of how hard some people find it attempting to discredit an IDEA, without being personally rude and insulting to the poster themselves. Something we could ALL try harder at, IMO...

Mind you, perhaps we could all take a bit more effort to grow an epidermis, from time to time. 'John is CRAZY to buy an XYZ arranger." Should you REALLY think that John is CRAZY (or should John assume that is what is meant), or is it just the IDEA of buying an XYZ arranger that is crazy (in the poster's mind)? When we can't distinguish the two, that's when things get out of hand here. Are we going to have to start posting as if we stand in the middle of a minefield, or is it possible that we can all start to cut each other a little slack?

One can only hope...

#267151 - 07/05/09 07:14 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity

Diki,
Humbly I say, I read most of your posts, your heart is good but your manner stinks—please takes that as I guy who cares about you. I guess it’s just your way but I keep thinking how effective you could be – unless this is the way you want it.

As far as I am concerned --- If some one is using an alias name either here on the forum or anywhere else, he is up to controlling people’s thoughts/minds -- and that for me that is a NO,NO.

John C.

#267152 - 07/05/09 08:42 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Gee, I thought that Diki summed up the situation quite eloquently without being at all offensive to anyone. I guess maybe we all read the printed word with a slightly different interpretation. I think that is one of the major problems with text communication.

And it seems to me that Bruno actually agrees with Diki's viewpoint when I read both postings. Did I miss something here?

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-05-2009).]

#267153 - 07/05/09 09:36 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I wrote the following for the “Mikey aliases” thread that Nigel closed so I think I’ll post it here where Mikey brought it up.
I don’t know Mikey at all, but I consider myself a pretty good judge of people by reading between the lines (of postings). I never once saw anything “irregular” in anything he wrote. I don’t think Mikey deserved to be put on a spit for anything he said here. There’s an old saying that if you’re LOOKING for trouble, you’ll find it. I often wish the members here would spend that time and energy they use in throwing darts at each other to discuss music….as in MUSIC! That’s one thing I miss about Scott Yee...he’s totally dedicated to the music and loves to discuss the game. I make no judgment call on him personally, but I do give him credit for his enthusiasm for what he does.

As for Mikey having more than one name, if you’re in the business of selling your product (entertainment) do you really want to sell yourself as a children’s entertainer under the name Al Capone? Or as a night club entertainer under the moniker Herman Smith? People have many ways of sizing you up before they even meet you….names being one of them. Really, if everyone is so adamant about not using an alias, how come no one here is using their birth name instead of a screen name?

I have a few names myself. I use a classic one-word name to sell myself as a pianist (like Liberace did), another name I use as a DJ (that fits in with the younger generation), another as a one-man-band, etc. The law states that you can use any name you like as long as it’s not meant to defraud.

About Diki...Diki is many things at different times. The one consistency I find about him is, he’s always educational, always candid, always interesting and always refreshing to read what he has to say. Those of you who poke their finger at him should consider that this forum would not be the same without him and his offerings. I can’t help but think if he took his talents to another site it would be like the Michael Jackson phenomena again. Demonize him while he’s alive and memorialize him after he’s gone. (P.S. I’m NOT Diki).

I started writing this because I really got irked the way some here tried to take Mikey apart (for posting something he intended to be light humor) instead of posting constructive music talk. Very little music is discussed on the SZ and instead “digs” are freely thrown out among the members as fodder.

Now for something positive. I thank cassp for doing the SynthJam. It’s the closest this forum has ever come to actual music. I picked up a lot of ideas from the many DIFFERENT arrangements of Nearness. I’m hoping we can keep the format going. Where I live I don’t have the luxury of seeing other musicians play! I depend on sites like the SynthZone to keep me alive!

Lucky

#267154 - 07/06/09 01:05 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
About Diki...Diki is many things at different times. The one consistency I find about him is, he’s always educational, always candid, always interesting and always refreshing to read what he has to say. Those of you who poke their finger at him should consider that this forum would not be the same without him and his offerings. I can’t help but think if he took his talents to another site it would be like the Michael Jackson phenomena again. Demonize him while he’s alive and memorialize him after he’s gone. (P.S. I’m NOT Diki).

Agreed. Diki is by far the most interesting and valuable contributor here. His posts are what keep me coming back.

#267155 - 07/06/09 02:36 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
And not only that,if you are sicere, He will go out of his way to help you.

#267156 - 07/06/09 02:44 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Retired Offline

Loc: England
I liked what William James said.

“Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” William James

Fred Wren

#267157 - 07/06/09 05:38 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I was confused by John's post as well re: Diki...

Was his comment referring to the current posts purely on aliases, or was it a general comment towards Diki pertaining to the last few months?

Especially confusing since they, as Nigel said, seem to agree on the current topic.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#267158 - 07/06/09 05:57 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I've reread the related threads twice now and I'm still looking for where someone "tried to take Mikey apart" or "spat upon him." Did some seem to disagree with his premise that he communicated with humour, yes...

I can totally see billing yourself with different stage names where you're targeting different markets.

For our purposes here, we're not really marketing our services to each other. I don't expect Diki to hire me nor am I likely to hire him. So, imo, to have different screen names on a private forum is rarely a good thing.

Now mind you, Mikey and I are very friendly. I would love to catch one of his shows as I really think he's great at what he does. Friends surely can have a difference of opinion, right?

There's been a few mentions of Scott Yee. Scott is without any question both knowledgable and enthusiastic about his music. He was also very supportive of virtually everyone who's questions or work came across his path. However, more than once Scott posted a sample of his work that may or may not have suited him well. (As we all have done...) Scott, I recall, never seemed comfortable whatsoever with any kind of criticism. Mind you I'm not talking about jerks who were clearly out of line and everyone knew it. There were times when a respectfully worded opinion of his work would upset Scott and then several of Scott's closest admirers would take up his cause and then things usually got pretty heated for a while.

I like that on Cass's EJam, there has been little of the drama like that...

Scott's, not unlike Donny P's., work stands on its own. The knowledge/experience level is very, very high and they are among the best I've ever seen around here. Yee knows more about the Tyros line than anyone else I've ran across.

I hope Scott comes back...

I hope Donny comes back...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267159 - 07/06/09 07:33 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
...late to the party.

I must agree with Nigel regarding Diki's remarks; I don't see where thay are out of line in any way. And I also agree with Bill regarding ID names. To have multiple monikers for the various "hats" one wears is completely acceptable - and I would even go as far as to say that having multiple IDs on a forum could be acceptable, if the delineation were clear and open. I meaan that if you had more than one ID but plainly identified your real self in your profile, I could probably live with that IF I saw and understood the reason for using the multiple names. But other than that, I feel multiple names are a no-no. In fact I'm in favor of having more required profile info available, especially an actual name.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267160 - 07/06/09 11:17 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

For starters, let me say thanks to those of you that appreciate my posting here. It is gratifying to find people that aren't going out of their way to find fault with the least thing I post...

Sometimes I simply get the impression that if I post 'Have a nice day', someone is going to post back about my sarcastic tone! There truly IS no pleasing some people...

About the multiple 'handles' as long as they are identified as derivative of the main moniker... How on earth could this possibly work? It's like a business partner says to you 'Today, call me Ishmael... and don't let anything I have said or done in the past influence you" Yeah, right! All you'll do is look at him with a new appreciation for schizophrenia.

Yes, I can definitely see using different handles on different forums, although I tend to keep mine on most, or derivatives of it (it's my real name, or at least, what I have used - and the way I have spelled it - since I was a pro player in the seventies). This might help you blend in (mind you, I still don't see why your name would be a problem) or appear more contemporary...

But for Pete's sake... what are you going to think of a post that say 'Donny Pesce (posting as John DiLeo)"? You aren't for ONE MINUTE going to think it is anything BUT Donny posting. Which kind of makes the whole thing moot. In addition to making the poster seem like an utter fool . No... the only way this works is if the auxiliary identities remain anonymous, which opens the forum (as we have seen) to abuse and rancor.

I can't see why anyone would want that... we have enough already with just the ONE handle!

Not that I encourage Nigel to actually allow it, but it MIGHT be interesting to see if anyone on this forum IS strange enough to want to post under multiple handles, if they were actually identified as such..!

Diki the Meek (posting as Conan the Barbarian)

#267161 - 07/06/09 01:35 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

I certainly don't want to be thought of as the weird guy who supports aliases, but let me try to explain my thinking:

Looking at it if I were ever to do such a thing, my second character would have to be, act and say things differently than myself. And everyone would have to know it was me as another character. As Nigel tried to explain, Donny wanted to use this DiLeo guy as a one-fingered, sit at home, casual player with little knowledge. Had he actually done that, it could work as a device to insert different types of questions or answers that would be different from the main ID. For many years, and even today, I will take the other side of an argument just for argument’s sake. If I could create someone opposite of myself and do it correctly, I could conceivably argue or correct myself. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a proponent of such tactics, I’m just saying there “could” be a scenario where an alter ego might work.

cassp (posting as Rocky Balboa)

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267162 - 07/06/09 02:14 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity

When we read and post we are also involved/attached in a manner, to one or more individuals. A sort of bond is made where you look for that persons posts before reading others. Or you give more credence to that person’s opinion.

It is that which is attacked -- I was starting to believe in who – But I thought he was what I was reading – I guess I just wanna believe that the person I decided to find interest in is really REAL.

Other than that all else is just stuff.

John C.

#267163 - 07/06/09 02:20 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity

Sorry I forgot---
How would you like to hear that Elvis was never really singing, and that IT WAS DUBBED?

Or the Beatles (Did I spell that right??) Never ever wrote any of the songs they say they did!

Sorry, most of us humans wanna believe in a person and his music and his OPINIONS.

I think I have said enough, gotta go, John C.

#267164 - 07/06/09 02:26 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i have spalding and spalding1968 as my titles. I use one when i post from home and one from work purely because i forgot my password and rather than wait till i got home to locate my old password i simply created a new one.

But its still me.

Who said that ????? :-)

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267165 - 07/06/09 02:53 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:

BWAAA..GOOD GRIEF & thanks for a now bruised battered laughed out belly.It hasn't jiggled like that in a few moons now!Imagine my surprise to see my very own propagandous dud of a thread!
I take it not much sleep last night for this insanity Mikey?Ok..well..umm i guess i should make an echo of repetition & repeat,get that problem diagnoised!(Oh crap did i just say that out loud cyberly)This was to funny,and now i am not sure who's side you are on,mine or your own. Your making my 'diagnoising' case yourself!
Since you have brought this thread back to life i repeat:

Mr(fake)9000Wrote(on a thread now locked):"What is lost from using just a simple 'mikey_maestro'.What is the mystery i would seriously like some hindsightYour feathers are much to ruffled about the term 'mental illness'...
or simply just perhaps decaf!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267166 - 07/07/09 01:10 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Mikey - Mr9000 sounds very European which may account for his style of humor and writing syntax. Don't take offense, especially since he says he meant no harm. Different words and phrases get lost in translation - even in English, especially in English.

yours truly,
Dane Cook

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-07-2009).]

#267167 - 07/07/09 01:25 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny called today and asked me to pass a message on.

"."

Vladimyr Putin-On-The-Ritz

#267168 - 07/07/09 02:50 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Mikey - Mr9000 sounds very European which may account for his style of humor and writing syntax. Don't take offense, especially since he says he meant no harm. Different words and phrases get lost in translation - even in English, especially in English.

You have a point, BUT... Once the poster realizes that his words ARE being taken in another fashion that he intended, especially as a non-English speaker, that is the time for an apology, and to clarify that they WERE merely joking. Mr9000 seems merely content to repeat himself (and his joke) even though he realizes he has insulted his target (or at least that it is taken that way).

"I'm sorry, it was meant as a joke' is not THAT hard to come out with, no matter WHAT language you speak...

Lord knows, half the things even I say in jest get taken the wrong way, and I DO speak good English (and write it better than many of my American cousins )... Then again, you look hard enough for it, 'Have a Nice Day' can be misconstrued.

Me, I am far more content to ridicule the IDEA of multiple handles than someone who says they don't mind it. After all, isn't that what we are doing? I hope so, anyway! I don't think Mikey is crazy. But I still fail to see the point in arguing for AND against something just for the exercise. And if the secondary handle is there merely to bolster your primary handle's opinion, that is the kind of thing that should get you banned, IMO...

#267169 - 07/07/09 02:58 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Just to illustrate JUST how crazy this kind of thing can get, Here's a VERY telling post from His Royal Duality...

Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
I for one enjoy Dnj's posts. He seems to be a very knowledgeable musician willing to help all who ask. I have emailed him in the past & have always received a cordial response, phone call or answers to my 3k questions, or great Style files & SMF too.
I'm happy to have made a friend.

When a system can be abused this badly, I am afraid that any (no matter how dubiously justifiable it might be to some) attempt to keep this ability on the forum WILL end up with some misguided member doing this....

This CAN'T be good for the forum, can it?

#267170 - 07/07/09 02:59 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

ROTFLMAO

substantially funny. This might be a good place to stop this funniness.

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Donny called today and asked me to pass a message on.

"."

Vladimyr Putin-On-The-Ritz

#267171 - 07/07/09 06:57 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have to admit that I once posted a song on S-Z under an 'alias' because I wanted to get opinions without the possibility of any pre-conceived biases based on the kb I played, who I was, whatever ... sort of a 'blind test' ...
Ironically, after I admitted to it, it was Donny who said there was no reason for me to have to do that ...

I can understand someone using an alias in that situation, because let's face it, SOME of us JUST MIGHT have a bias one way or another depending on who is playing on what kb ...

But if Nigel wants to ban the practice, that's ok with me ... after all, it IS his ballpark ...

t.
PS ... I miss Donny already ......

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-07-2009).]

#267172 - 07/07/09 07:51 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:

t.
PS ... I miss Donny already ......
(edited 07-07-2009).]

I'd really like if he could post his version of Masquerade - or at least get it to us somehow. Maybe he can get off early for good behavior - or is that an oxymoron?

#267173 - 07/07/09 08:17 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mikey_maestro Offline

It was fun

I've met some great people on here. I have their contact info So I have no further need to post on here.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#267174 - 07/08/09 11:42 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Mikey... YOU didn't offend anyone. Someone offended YOU.

ONE PERSON, and that's enough for you to go off in a tizz?

What is happening here? Yikes! For Pete's sake... is everyone's skin so thin here?

#267175 - 07/08/09 01:43 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mr9000 Offline

Mr9000 is no more as of tomorrow, due to my mental illness of fustrations in dealing with clone zombies,i shall hold my cyber tongue and deal with my judgements inwardly.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-08-2009).]

#267176 - 07/08/09 03:41 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Those of you that are missing Donnie can go to Facebook and look him up as I did and exchange comments.
I also exchanged an email with him.
he is live in the hide and doing well.
Bebop

#267177 - 07/08/09 04:07 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Mr9000 is no more as of tomorrow, due to mental illness of clones that go bump in the night.No appologies though,as to me cloning should be taboo anyhow,and is a reflection of my fustrations in dealing with a similar problem running rampant;identity theft,is not far behind such practices for me!No big lose,i only contributed textually.
later dudes(door hits ass on way out)

Jeez... is it the heat?

To quote the infamous Rodney King... "Can't we all just get along?!"

Mr9000, the ONLY person on this forum that WAS practicing duality (or plurality!) has been sent off for a 'time out'. No-one else is (to our knowledge) actually doing it here. Why so impatient to leave? Is simply the DISCUSSION of the behavior (and NOT its' practice) enough to get you worked up? My God! Politics must make you apoplectic, then!

I recommend a nice cold beer, and then a reflection of whether you REALLY want this harmless discussion to end BOTH your involvements in this forum. Yikes! I'm still here, and this thread doesn't even APPROACH how personally insulting some of the members have gotten to me...

It just WORDS... anybody's ass REALLY hurting?

Didn't think so....

#267178 - 07/08/09 06:21 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Mikey and Mr9000 - I suggest you both reconsider your decisions. You can always come and go as you please, so don't be so definite about it all. I apologize if any of my sillyness was offensive. I think we all got into the fake names thing as some silly fun - no harm meant. Please don't take any offense. Stick around, please.

#267179 - 07/08/09 08:46 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

What is happening here? Yikes! For Pete's sake... is everyone's skin so thin here?

It's not about being "thin-skinned." It's about "who needs the additional aggravation?" Life (and gigs) these days can be very trying. One doesn't need to come here and find a microcosm of what's out there!

Lucky

#267180 - 07/08/09 09:28 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Jeez... is it the heat?

I recommend a nice cold beer,
It just WORDS... anybody's ass REALLY hurting?

Did someone say beer?Well now that changes the dynamics..about my ass,it's actually the itching!
Seriously i think i'll just lay back & lay off being so vocal about how others must live.Just know Mikey, i did go down a similar road where i was duped on another i thought exisited & even took to fondly.The end result was just one fool feeling idiot,me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online