SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267155 - 07/06/09 02:36 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
And not only that,if you are sicere, He will go out of his way to help you.

#267156 - 07/06/09 02:44 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Retired Offline

Loc: England
I liked what William James said.

“Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” William James

Fred Wren

#267157 - 07/06/09 05:38 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I was confused by John's post as well re: Diki...

Was his comment referring to the current posts purely on aliases, or was it a general comment towards Diki pertaining to the last few months?

Especially confusing since they, as Nigel said, seem to agree on the current topic.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#267158 - 07/06/09 05:57 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I've reread the related threads twice now and I'm still looking for where someone "tried to take Mikey apart" or "spat upon him." Did some seem to disagree with his premise that he communicated with humour, yes...

I can totally see billing yourself with different stage names where you're targeting different markets.

For our purposes here, we're not really marketing our services to each other. I don't expect Diki to hire me nor am I likely to hire him. So, imo, to have different screen names on a private forum is rarely a good thing.

Now mind you, Mikey and I are very friendly. I would love to catch one of his shows as I really think he's great at what he does. Friends surely can have a difference of opinion, right?

There's been a few mentions of Scott Yee. Scott is without any question both knowledgable and enthusiastic about his music. He was also very supportive of virtually everyone who's questions or work came across his path. However, more than once Scott posted a sample of his work that may or may not have suited him well. (As we all have done...) Scott, I recall, never seemed comfortable whatsoever with any kind of criticism. Mind you I'm not talking about jerks who were clearly out of line and everyone knew it. There were times when a respectfully worded opinion of his work would upset Scott and then several of Scott's closest admirers would take up his cause and then things usually got pretty heated for a while.

I like that on Cass's EJam, there has been little of the drama like that...

Scott's, not unlike Donny P's., work stands on its own. The knowledge/experience level is very, very high and they are among the best I've ever seen around here. Yee knows more about the Tyros line than anyone else I've ran across.

I hope Scott comes back...

I hope Donny comes back...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267159 - 07/06/09 07:33 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
...late to the party.

I must agree with Nigel regarding Diki's remarks; I don't see where thay are out of line in any way. And I also agree with Bill regarding ID names. To have multiple monikers for the various "hats" one wears is completely acceptable - and I would even go as far as to say that having multiple IDs on a forum could be acceptable, if the delineation were clear and open. I meaan that if you had more than one ID but plainly identified your real self in your profile, I could probably live with that IF I saw and understood the reason for using the multiple names. But other than that, I feel multiple names are a no-no. In fact I'm in favor of having more required profile info available, especially an actual name.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267160 - 07/06/09 11:17 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For starters, let me say thanks to those of you that appreciate my posting here. It is gratifying to find people that aren't going out of their way to find fault with the least thing I post...

Sometimes I simply get the impression that if I post 'Have a nice day', someone is going to post back about my sarcastic tone! There truly IS no pleasing some people...

About the multiple 'handles' as long as they are identified as derivative of the main moniker... How on earth could this possibly work? It's like a business partner says to you 'Today, call me Ishmael... and don't let anything I have said or done in the past influence you" Yeah, right! All you'll do is look at him with a new appreciation for schizophrenia.

Yes, I can definitely see using different handles on different forums, although I tend to keep mine on most, or derivatives of it (it's my real name, or at least, what I have used - and the way I have spelled it - since I was a pro player in the seventies). This might help you blend in (mind you, I still don't see why your name would be a problem) or appear more contemporary...

But for Pete's sake... what are you going to think of a post that say 'Donny Pesce (posting as John DiLeo)"? You aren't for ONE MINUTE going to think it is anything BUT Donny posting. Which kind of makes the whole thing moot. In addition to making the poster seem like an utter fool . No... the only way this works is if the auxiliary identities remain anonymous, which opens the forum (as we have seen) to abuse and rancor.

I can't see why anyone would want that... we have enough already with just the ONE handle!

Not that I encourage Nigel to actually allow it, but it MIGHT be interesting to see if anyone on this forum IS strange enough to want to post under multiple handles, if they were actually identified as such..!

Diki the Meek (posting as Conan the Barbarian)

#267161 - 07/06/09 01:35 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I certainly don't want to be thought of as the weird guy who supports aliases, but let me try to explain my thinking:

Looking at it if I were ever to do such a thing, my second character would have to be, act and say things differently than myself. And everyone would have to know it was me as another character. As Nigel tried to explain, Donny wanted to use this DiLeo guy as a one-fingered, sit at home, casual player with little knowledge. Had he actually done that, it could work as a device to insert different types of questions or answers that would be different from the main ID. For many years, and even today, I will take the other side of an argument just for argument’s sake. If I could create someone opposite of myself and do it correctly, I could conceivably argue or correct myself. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a proponent of such tactics, I’m just saying there “could” be a scenario where an alter ego might work.

cassp (posting as Rocky Balboa)

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-06-2009).]

#267162 - 07/06/09 02:14 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
When we read and post we are also involved/attached in a manner, to one or more individuals. A sort of bond is made where you look for that persons posts before reading others. Or you give more credence to that person’s opinion.

It is that which is attacked -- I was starting to believe in who – But I thought he was what I was reading – I guess I just wanna believe that the person I decided to find interest in is really REAL.

Other than that all else is just stuff.

John C.

#267163 - 07/06/09 02:20 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sorry I forgot---
How would you like to hear that Elvis was never really singing, and that IT WAS DUBBED?

Or the Beatles (Did I spell that right??) Never ever wrote any of the songs they say they did!

Sorry, most of us humans wanna believe in a person and his music and his OPINIONS.

I think I have said enough, gotta go, John C.

#267164 - 07/06/09 02:26 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i have spalding and spalding1968 as my titles. I use one when i post from home and one from work purely because i forgot my password and rather than wait till i got home to locate my old password i simply created a new one.

But its still me.

Who said that ????? :-)

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 07-06-2009).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online