SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267145 - 07/05/09 01:37 PM Mr9000's true identity
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Mr 9000 I noticed your profile has no web link nor an email address.

Could This be an Alias name?

#267146 - 07/05/09 01:51 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
Mr 9000 I noticed your profile has no web link nor an email address.

Could This be an Alias name?

Your best bet would be to contact Nigel directly, Mikey...he could check to see if the IP address matches another member's.

Ian

#267147 - 07/05/09 01:54 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I'm just annoyed that this moron questioned my integrity. I would deal with it privately, but he doesnt have any info anywhere in his profile.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#267148 - 07/05/09 02:16 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
He's been here since 01-14-2005 so he's not new.

#267149 - 07/05/09 02:20 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Why would a person want to post with a false identity. No matter what was said in the past this is the Sign of the True Character.

I guess the love of music does not cover every one’s needs.

John C.

#267150 - 07/05/09 03:44 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think this is just a case of passions running kind of hot about the 'alias' issue, Mikey.

No-one REALLY thinks you crazy, but you WERE the only one admitting to using aliases on the other thread... I can see your point (a little), but to be honest, the idea of having multiple handles so that one response doesn't factor in the other's posts is kind of deceptive. You ARE an entertainer of both kids and adults, so useful replies ought to at least factor that in, as you have to factor it in yourself, eventually, anyway...

The trouble comes from how do you distinguish between people with multiple handles that have (perhaps) a legitimate reason for wanting multiple identities, and those that use them to stir up trouble, self-aggrandize, and generally sow confusion on a forum? I would imagine that the latter FAR outnumber the former. And, if the forum allows a secondary handle that acknowledges the original poster, the entire reason for the alias becomes moot.

We don't think for one minute you ARE crazy (crazy like a fox, perhaps! ), but I simply think, from what I've read, that a forum that allows this is the REALLY crazy entity...

What happened on the other thread is, IMO, simply one more example of how hard some people find it attempting to discredit an IDEA, without being personally rude and insulting to the poster themselves. Something we could ALL try harder at, IMO...

Mind you, perhaps we could all take a bit more effort to grow an epidermis, from time to time. 'John is CRAZY to buy an XYZ arranger." Should you REALLY think that John is CRAZY (or should John assume that is what is meant), or is it just the IDEA of buying an XYZ arranger that is crazy (in the poster's mind)? When we can't distinguish the two, that's when things get out of hand here. Are we going to have to start posting as if we stand in the middle of a minefield, or is it possible that we can all start to cut each other a little slack?

One can only hope...

#267151 - 07/05/09 07:14 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Diki,
Humbly I say, I read most of your posts, your heart is good but your manner stinks—please takes that as I guy who cares about you. I guess it’s just your way but I keep thinking how effective you could be – unless this is the way you want it.

As far as I am concerned --- If some one is using an alias name either here on the forum or anywhere else, he is up to controlling people’s thoughts/minds -- and that for me that is a NO,NO.

John C.

#267152 - 07/05/09 08:42 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Gee, I thought that Diki summed up the situation quite eloquently without being at all offensive to anyone. I guess maybe we all read the printed word with a slightly different interpretation. I think that is one of the major problems with text communication.

And it seems to me that Bruno actually agrees with Diki's viewpoint when I read both postings. Did I miss something here?

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-05-2009).]

#267153 - 07/05/09 09:36 PM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I wrote the following for the “Mikey aliases” thread that Nigel closed so I think I’ll post it here where Mikey brought it up.
I don’t know Mikey at all, but I consider myself a pretty good judge of people by reading between the lines (of postings). I never once saw anything “irregular” in anything he wrote. I don’t think Mikey deserved to be put on a spit for anything he said here. There’s an old saying that if you’re LOOKING for trouble, you’ll find it. I often wish the members here would spend that time and energy they use in throwing darts at each other to discuss music….as in MUSIC! That’s one thing I miss about Scott Yee...he’s totally dedicated to the music and loves to discuss the game. I make no judgment call on him personally, but I do give him credit for his enthusiasm for what he does.

As for Mikey having more than one name, if you’re in the business of selling your product (entertainment) do you really want to sell yourself as a children’s entertainer under the name Al Capone? Or as a night club entertainer under the moniker Herman Smith? People have many ways of sizing you up before they even meet you….names being one of them. Really, if everyone is so adamant about not using an alias, how come no one here is using their birth name instead of a screen name?

I have a few names myself. I use a classic one-word name to sell myself as a pianist (like Liberace did), another name I use as a DJ (that fits in with the younger generation), another as a one-man-band, etc. The law states that you can use any name you like as long as it’s not meant to defraud.

About Diki...Diki is many things at different times. The one consistency I find about him is, he’s always educational, always candid, always interesting and always refreshing to read what he has to say. Those of you who poke their finger at him should consider that this forum would not be the same without him and his offerings. I can’t help but think if he took his talents to another site it would be like the Michael Jackson phenomena again. Demonize him while he’s alive and memorialize him after he’s gone. (P.S. I’m NOT Diki).

I started writing this because I really got irked the way some here tried to take Mikey apart (for posting something he intended to be light humor) instead of posting constructive music talk. Very little music is discussed on the SZ and instead “digs” are freely thrown out among the members as fodder.

Now for something positive. I thank cassp for doing the SynthJam. It’s the closest this forum has ever come to actual music. I picked up a lot of ideas from the many DIFFERENT arrangements of Nearness. I’m hoping we can keep the format going. Where I live I don’t have the luxury of seeing other musicians play! I depend on sites like the SynthZone to keep me alive!

Lucky

#267154 - 07/06/09 01:05 AM Re: Mr9000's true identity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
About Diki...Diki is many things at different times. The one consistency I find about him is, he’s always educational, always candid, always interesting and always refreshing to read what he has to say. Those of you who poke their finger at him should consider that this forum would not be the same without him and his offerings. I can’t help but think if he took his talents to another site it would be like the Michael Jackson phenomena again. Demonize him while he’s alive and memorialize him after he’s gone. (P.S. I’m NOT Diki).

Agreed. Diki is by far the most interesting and valuable contributor here. His posts are what keep me coming back.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online