Topic Options
#267101 - 07/05/09 11:12 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Nigel must really like Diki and Ian..

Oh, didn't you realize they are both my alias names????

#267102 - 07/05/09 11:16 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Nigel must really like Diki and Ian..

And why not? We are wonderful people.

We both have been reprimanded, so we haven't sailed through unscathed, but at least we speak from the heart, and don't post under an alias.

I have had a few of my posts treated to a "Nigelectomy" as so has Diki.

Nigel has been more than fair, and very patient...even with you, Fran.

#267103 - 07/05/09 11:25 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What SANE person needs two identities to get their point across?

Me, I'm Gunnar, and Johnny, and Gunnar Jonny, and some may say I'm a damn a**hole....
and they're most probably right.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#267104 - 07/05/09 11:54 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
At last, a little levity. How refreshing.

#267105 - 07/05/09 12:06 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
At last, a little levity. How refreshing.

THE BOSE COMPACT L1 IT'S WORTHLESS!!!!!

IT'S NOT SO QUIET NOW AH!?!?!?

OOPSSSS!! Wrong Thread :

#267106 - 07/05/09 12:14 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
So why were on the subject of contraversial subject matter. Why is Scott yee not allowed on here anymore.

Well I have avoided discussing this on the forum but I will clear this up here for once and for all.

Once upon a time ...

Quite some time back Scott posted a rather disgusting link aimed at Diki on the forum. He ended up removing it but not before it had been seen by a number of us. As he had removed it I let the matter slide even though I should have banned him then. But Scott couldn't let things rest and continued to slam me persistantly in his posts about me being to easy on people and not banning when members stepped over the line. In the end I finally gave in and banned him for his behavior as he was requesting. Though he probably wasn't considering his behavior to have been inappropriate. If he had simply backed off I never would have blocked him. He forced my hand.

It is that simple.

On a sidenote I would be quite happy to consider lifting the ban as Scott has always been a longtime valued member of the forum and has contributed a lot to us all. If he contacted me to request it I would be certainly let bygones be bygones. But up to now I have had no such request. But it is always open if he should decide to ask me.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-05-2009).]

#267107 - 07/05/09 12:18 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
I'm not a troublemaker..".."next thing I know I was accused of having mental illness.
This is BS

Fair enough..could you share why you deal in numerous user names(being serious).What is lost from using just a simple 'mikey_maestro'.What is the mystery i would seriously like some hindsight into?..in the real world this is called impersonation.Cops and fake ID's usually end up with the sound of a meaningful "Slam",and the jingle of the keys being placed into his pocket.Followed by a fine etc..why the multi usuage..as fun as it may be to hide behind other names,there's a lack of being accountable to who you really are.Your feathers are much to ruffled about the term 'mental illness'.Even a headache is a form of such..Howard huges the richest man of his time, OCD.Not at all trying to insult.There remains truth in those dealing in multi's of something undiagnoised.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-05-2009).]

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-05-2009).]

#267108 - 07/05/09 12:20 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Oh, didn't you realize they are both my alias names????

Actually it all makes sense now. There are only about 10 real members of SZ, the rest are aliases, which explains why every so often postings become so totally unreal.

And who is Nigel really? How many noms-de-plume does Donny have?

All in the best possible taste

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 07-05-2009).]

#267109 - 07/05/09 12:28 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
Nigel Offline
Admin

And slowly this thread fades off into the sunset ......... Goodnight All

#267110 - 07/05/09 12:33 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I suppose I should mind my own business. I'm not going to comment on aliases. I don't care to get involved in that discussion.

But I will comment on my friend Mikey Maestro. Since we are both from the same general area of the US ( about a 20 to 25 minute ride away by car) We've got to be pretty good friends. Mikey has to be one of the most generous down to earth people I have met in or out of the forum. On a number of occasions we have loaned eachother equipment so that we can test before we buy. I can vouch for his character he is a first class guy no question about it. Both my wife and I have been in the company of he and his wife, they are super people and have rolled out the red carpet for us when we went to see his show at a hotel on Cape Cod.

BTW, TonyMads is another local musician who has become a good friend as well, he and his lovely wife are also first class folks. Without SZ I would have never met either of them.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online