Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#267091 - 07/04/09 11:21 PM Re: A little dead around here lately
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:

That said, if secondary screen names ARE permitted, there should be some immediate sign that a given screen name is in fact a secondary screen name of so& so (The primary screen name from that ip address)

For example, EVERY time John DiLeo posted a comment anywhere on this website, it also clearly indicates that "John DiLeo" is a secondary screen name of Donny Pesce...

This would make those that posted this way not so much egomaniacs, but merely schizophrenics.. Not much of an improvement, IMO

BTW, I really am starting to appreciate the "you're the guy ruining this forum' comment that I got from His Royal Duality...

(Oh, and, anyone notice that me and Ian are the same person, yet? )

#267092 - 07/05/09 12:23 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

ROTFLMAO

Sometimes you really crack me up.

And I here I was thinking you were actually Dom from Lionstracs

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-05-2009).]

#267093 - 07/05/09 03:04 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I will be creating a new name this morning. It will be mental illness. It will be reserved for stupid comments.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#267094 - 07/05/09 06:03 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

Good thing you told me...I was wondering how I learned to play the trombone...

#267095 - 07/05/09 06:27 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
This would make those that posted this way not so much egomaniacs, but merely schizophrenics.. Not much of an improvement, IMO

BTW, I really am starting to appreciate the "you're the guy ruining this forum' comment that I got from His Royal Duality...

At least it would be in the full light of day, eh?

Diki, I liken you at times to a guitar string. If its got just the right amount of tension in it...its terrific. Too little, its sounds like a fart...too much and it snaps and creates no useful sounds at all.

Are you ruining this forum? I think not but there have been times...which to your credit you have acknowledged...you have responded in a way that wasn't really in tune with what you can provide here.

You have a high knowledge level and an interesting personality. Once again, you seem to hold the high ground after the stunt DP pulled.

Many of us hope your input remains sharp and critical when called for but tempered with a better choice of words that more suits your intellect.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#267096 - 07/05/09 06:51 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
BBBB Offline

Nigel:
I think its real simple. No alias's period. Keep up the great work. Donny really helped me a couple of times and I was confused and quite disappointed when this first came out. Perhaps it was meant as a joke but some things just don't make sense. Last thing we need to see is someone posting a topic and then talking to themselves under an alias!
Brian

#267097 - 07/05/09 10:25 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I concur. No aliases PERIOD. What SANE person needs two identities to get their point across?

I'm sorry for the way I am taken, from time to time. As you can guess, I am passionate about what I believe, that comes across either good or bad depending on what you believe yourself! I try as hard as I can to keep things civil (but still passionate!) but have a hard time with the way some members confuse an argument about a topic, and simply insulting the poster... There's a difference, believe it or not.. But honestly, I don't think I am alone in being pointed about my beliefs. I don't feel slighted when someone disagrees with me, unless they can't find a way to express it without personal insult. So far, I have been called bitter, frustrated, and short none of which I can see as having ANYTHING to do with an arranger It is somewhat frustrating, I must admit, to have other people insult me personally when all I have done is question an IDEA, and then have MY tone criticized. Fix your own houses first, I say...

BTW... I wish I WAS Ian right now... playing outside in 115ºF heat index, I could do with some of that Canadian cool weather (until winter, anyway!)

#267098 - 07/05/09 10:37 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
So why were on the subject of contraversial subject matter. Why is Scott yee not allowed on here anymore.

Scott has been one of the nicest synth zone members that I've had a pleasure to talk music with. He's always been very helpful to me. I thought he contributed some great information.

He just vanished never to be heard from again. I asked him what happened he told me that when he went to post one day he got a message that his ip address was blocked.

I'm not a troublemaker but id love to know more. I just started off posting it was dead around here yesterday. Then I'm told donny was punished and next thin I know I was accused of having mental illness.

This is BS

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#267099 - 07/05/09 10:56 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
I wish I WAS Ian right now... playing outside in 115ºF heat index, I could do with some of that Canadian cool weather (until winter, anyway!)

It's as cool as a mother in law's kiss here today, Diki...12 degrees Centigrade, or about 53 degrees Fahrenheit...lovely weather, although it's going to thunderstorm later on..I can hear static on my radio, so there's lightning not too far away.

115 is way too hot for me...you must have to drink a lot of water in that heat to keep from dehydrating.

#267100 - 07/05/09 11:05 AM Re: A little dead around here lately
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
So why were on the subject of contraversial subject matter. Why is Scott yee not allowed on here anymore.

Scott has been one of the nicest synth zone members that I've had a pleasure to talk music with. He's always been very helpful to me. I thought he contributed some great information.

He just vanished never to be heard from again. I asked him what happened he told me that when he went to post one day he got a message that his ip address was blocked.

I'm not a troublemaker but id love to know more. I just started off posting it was dead around here yesterday. Then I'm told donny was punished and next thin I know I was accused of having mental illness.

This is BS

Scott's ban from a couple years ago was lifted in short time...as was mine..

Scott has been back posting, but I recall he was warned again..I don't think Nigel banned him again at all...just reprimanded..

No one was ever banned unjustly here...in fact there are many here that also should have got axed..

Nigel must really like Diki and Ian..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online