Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
First off, stop using 'SA' to describe Yamaha's Super Articulated voices. Roland coined that years ago for their Structured Adaptive Synthesis technique. how about S.ART or something similar.

And I apologize for assuming you were giving full credit to Yamaha in coming up with certain features.

Dave, there is no need to apologize...it was as much my fault for the way I phrased my post....we both know there is nothing totally new under the sun.

I guess I could have explained SA in detail, but, I am actually too lazy.

Concerning the acronyms...Roland called their synthesis system SAS, for Structured Adaptive Synthesis...not SA.

It was used on the VK-1000 organ, as well as their digital pianos...it came out in the mid 80's...I believe the RD-1000/ MKS-20/RD-300S/RD-250S were probably the first to use it commercially.

They also came out a bit later with Advanced Structured Adaptive Synthesis, around 1990...I don't think the acronym changed, but the sound was a tad better.

I worked as a clinician for Roland back in the late 80's and early 90's, before I committed to Yamaha.

Sometimes the written word conveys less (or more) that we intended...sorry if I made things a bit confusing.

Ian