Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >
Topic Options
#266873 - 07/08/09 11:32 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yeah, I agree.

It was a distraction...made it sound amateurish, as if it wasn't meant to be there, and was left in anyway.

Maybe it was there for the Synth Zone touch...Like if someone wanted to play along with the tune...Heaven knows many folks have a timing problem...

#266874 - 07/08/09 11:44 AM Re: July eJam #2
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Maybe it was there for the Synth Zone touch...Like if someone wanted to play along with the tune...Heaven knows many folks have a timing problem...

I don't know Fran...I can't imagine there would be much room to play over...it was a trifle busy, but your timing was much better this time around.

Personally, I think you didn't really notice the bongo, until it was pointed out to you.

I always consider a recording, especially on a public forum, should accurately represent the submitter's skills, even if it is just simply editing an SMF....but, I guess, to some, it doesn't matter.

#266875 - 07/08/09 12:23 PM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Ok guys here it is with out the congas..and saved at a lower bitrate (192)..
http://www.box.net/shared/4g67uqy3fz

PS: they were congas..not bongos...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-08-2009).]

#266876 - 07/08/09 12:37 PM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
This is attempt #1 at Masquerade. It's in a new key for me. And in the words of (commedian) Jim Gaffigan I must admit I think it's RAD-I-CAL. This is played on the G70 using a Mart Weho style. I would like to go back and do more with mixing the tracks and maybe adding very light strings in places, but I got frustrated with my Wave Editor - it wouldn't let me split tracks.

I hope you like This Masquerade - take one

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-08-2009).]

#266877 - 07/08/09 12:42 PM Re: July eJam #2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Yes I could have taken out the bongos or lowered the volume with in Roland's drum editing....

If it is important, I can re-do it..Let me know...

That it didn't bother you was surprising... it is a dull, boring, completely undynamic part, that MIGHT have worked better when played through one of the old Sound Canvas kits that had thinner sounds, but is far too 'in your face' here to work well, IMO...

Perhaps it MIGHT work better if you changed it to a cabasa sound and lowered it to where it just provides gentle rhythm, not this incessant hammering?

BTW, Fran, have you tried using multiple drumkits on SMF's in the G70? Pretty easy to setup, and then you can pick and chose which sounds use the old SC drum sounds, and which use the V-Kits... You simply have to copy the sound from one track and paste into the other, then delete the original (or blend together). A good way to stretch more mileage out of your SMF's.... (Oh, and don't forget to slide the cabasa or shaker tracks back [early] a few ticks to sit those new V-Kit shakers in the pocket - they are late if you are dead on the beat with the note).

#266878 - 07/08/09 01:23 PM Re: July eJam #2
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
I loved it !...it had a real spacey open venue gig sound to it...very natural and dynamic, great funky feel and that trumpet !!!...MORE !

Rgds

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
This is attempt #1 at Masquerade. It's in a new key for me. And in the words of (commedian) Jim Gaffigan I must admit I think it's RAD-I-CAL. This is played on the G70 using a Mart Weho style. I would like to go back and do more with mixing the tracks and maybe adding very light strings in places, but I got frustrated with my Wave Editor - it wouldn't let me split tracks.

I hope you like This Masquerade - take one

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-08-2009).]

#266879 - 07/08/09 03:26 PM Re: July eJam #2
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
wOW, YOU GUYS are all so good, I feel Like I ought to be paying a cover just for the privledge of listening to you play.
GREAT STUFF!!
Thanks for sharing, all of you,
BEBOP

#266880 - 07/08/09 08:40 PM Re: July eJam #2
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Ok guys here it is with out the congas..and saved at a lower bitrate (192)..

...after I spent 36 hours downloading at 320!!!

Fran.....I'm not sure I understand all these messages here.

Is that a Masquerade SMF that you worked over or did you put the whole thing together from scratch? If it's a MIDI file....what tracks did YOU play on? Or....what tracks did you just edit?

That's great guitar playing, but to be honest it's so great it sounds like it was done with a MIDI guitar.

Lucky

#266881 - 07/08/09 09:27 PM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Hopefully it's not to late for a last minute Ray Charles entry...

http://www.maniacworld.com/bird-loves-ray-charles.html

#266882 - 07/09/09 05:50 AM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Darn you, Fran now you've gone and turned this thing into a dance contest. Don't you know that musicians don't dance. I can't compete with this. I quit!

Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online