SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 >
Topic Options
#266863 - 07/08/09 09:12 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill I am just kidding around with you...Since i didn't see any smiles on your post..I think you thought I was serious..

Yes I could have taken out the bongos or lowered the volume with in Roland's drum editing....If it is important, I can re-do it..Let me know...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-08-2009).]

#266864 - 07/08/09 09:52 AM Re: July eJam #2
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Yes I quite agree Bill...the bongo goes on incessanlty without variation throught the whole recording...close to 10 minutes, it does spoil it slighly.

Wow Fran I really must have fired up your imagination for guitar playing emulation on keys..a 7 minute guitar'esque solo..BRAVO. way ta go bud !... remember though, don't over cook it...sometimes 'less is more.

Fran could you just fill us in on the posting of that convo with Donny posted earlier and the point you were trying to convey with it ?

Cheers

Noel J

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Fran-

Could we hear that without the bongo?

I really like what you're doing with the sax in the first run through and then the guitar afterwards, but in my opinion...the bongo takes away from it..

#266865 - 07/08/09 09:57 AM Re: July eJam #2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
....it's prompted me to perhaps record a CD of this type of smooth instrumental 'chill' type music for friends and family...what do you think Russ?

Rgds
Noel

You ABSOLUTELY should, and I would want to BUY it !!! ... BEAUTIFULLY done ...

t.

#266866 - 07/08/09 10:04 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
Yes I quite agree Bill...the bongo goes on incessanlty without variation throught the whole recording...close to 10 minutes, it does spoil it slighly.

Wow Fran I really must have fired up your imagination for guitar playing emulation on keys..a 7 minute guitar'esque solo..BRAVO. way ta go bud !... remember though, don't over cook it...sometimes 'less is more.

Fran could you just fill us in on the posting of that convo with Donny posted earlier and the point you were trying to convey with it ?

Cheers

Noel J

Noel, the conversation with Donny was on Skype..and when he told me how much better (real) the G70 did sound compared to his words "compressed Yamaha sound"...I kiddingly told him I wanted to post that comment on SZ...He said why not ..it is true.....Sooooooooo I posted part of our conversation..in a light hearted fashion...since Donny is a gun hoe Yamaha guy..

Wow ..it is a good thing I didn't post the rest of our conversation..

About the bongos...This tune version is very syncopated..and does need the constant beat the bongos give...so , actually I disagree with you guys there...Length is another matter..That is why I suggested reading a book while listening..

#266867 - 07/08/09 10:07 AM Re: July eJam #2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Fran ... very nicely done ... I enjoyed it very much ...
t.
PS ... I am LOVING this ... I keep getting more tunes to put on my iPOD
t.

#266868 - 07/08/09 10:18 AM Re: July eJam #2
pasadoble Offline

Can see the point now Fran...yes the G70 has a much more raw live band sound to it...the Yamaha does seem to have more proccesed CD'ish quality to the sound, I just recorded my version straight out of my S900 into my PC and recorded it onto the Creative SB recorder as a Wav file and converted it to MP3 then uploaded it, was generally happy with the result, really wan't to do more now.

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Noel, the conversation with Donny was on Skype..and when he told me how much better (real) the G70 did sound compared to his words "compressed Yamaha sound"...I kiddingly told him I wanted to post that comment on SZ...He said why not ..it is true.....Sooooooooo I posted part of our conversation..in a light hearted fashion...since Donny is a gun hoe Yamaha guy..

Wow ..it is a good thing I didn't post the rest of our conversation..

About the bongos...This tune version is very syncopated..and does need the constant beat the bongos give...so , actually I disagree with you guys there...Length is another matter..That is why I suggested reading a book while listening..

#266869 - 07/08/09 10:21 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Noel..also be aware..now that Donny is reprimanded...posting is like confronting a muzzled pit bull...we have no fear...

#266870 - 07/08/09 10:24 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Noel can you record something using both the S900 and FP4 together..I think it could be a great sound....

#266871 - 07/08/09 11:27 AM Re: July eJam #2
pasadoble Offline

Sure great idea Fran ...wont be for a while as I'm off to Spain for 10 days from Friday so will be late in July...but a definaten yes....will still be logging in abroad if I can.

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Noel can you record something using both the S900 and FP4 together..I think it could be a great sound....

#266872 - 07/08/09 11:28 AM Re: July eJam #2
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
No, I just wonder how it would sound without the bongo through the whole thing. To my ears, the pitch of the bongo was a distraction to everything else going on.

Yeah, I agree.

It was a distraction...made it sound amateurish, as if it wasn't meant to be there, and was left in anyway.

Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online