Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 17 18 >
Topic Options
#266843 - 07/06/09 09:24 PM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Fran, a very god job, and it got better as the song progressed. The comping and improv solos are great. The jazz guitar sounds very elec piano-ish when chording, but the guitar solo is very good. The organ could have been a tad louder, not much. I liked it! Thanks for your rendition; it was a good solid hit for me.

... an aside regarding the guitar sound: I know there are many to choose from and all that, but the S900 patch sounded more realistic than the G70 - and it didn't have anything to do with technique IMO because both guitar techniques are very good. Thanks for making my evening.

Lastly, how many takes or tracks? The chording sounds so full it would be impossible for me to play that kind of comping while still playig a lead.

The Bass, drums, Jazz guitar and organ were sequenced first (midi)..played into an audio recorder (AcidPro), while playing two hand piano...

Saved as a MP3 @ 320 bitrate..

#266844 - 07/07/09 07:39 AM Re: July eJam #2
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Noel, that is "World Class"...In particular, the "comping" is tasteful and intricate.

Hands down, one of the best I've heard here.

Well done!

Russ

#266845 - 07/07/09 09:17 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

http://www.box.net/shared/ibymd5lvxz

Here is the "G70's" entry..

Enjoy it while you are reading a book...the entire book...

#266846 - 07/07/09 09:39 AM Re: July eJam #2
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Thank you so much Russ I really appriciate your kind words, coming from you especially as you seem to be a very experienced player.

It was a good vehicle to convey the playing style I enjoy and the S900 helps a lot too, Fran was not to keen on the S900 'Live Strings' but I suppose sounds are a bit like food ! you like the taste or you don't to me the Live Strings are silky and expressive but I understand they are not to everyone's liking, I crank it up on my speakers and it sounds ok to me, it's prompted me to perhaps record a CD of this type of smooth instrumental 'chill' type music for friends and family...what do you think Russ?

Rgds

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Noel, that is "World Class"...In particular, the "comping" is tasteful and intricate.

Hands down, one of the best I've heard here.

Well done!

Russ

#266847 - 07/07/09 09:47 AM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Noel, I am sorry if I gave you the impression.."I didn't like" the strings..I was comparing the strings and drums to the Super guitar, and the flute tones...thus stating they were very average...

#266848 - 07/07/09 09:58 AM Re: July eJam #2
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Thats ok Fran...as I said we all have different taste so I appreciate that to you they are 'average' I think we all hear sounds in our own way so don't worry to much about it...by the way ...excellent playing from you!

Rgds

Noel

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Noel, I am sorry if I gave you the impression.."I didn't like" the strings..I was comparing the strings and drums to the Super guitar, and the flute tones...thus stating they were very average...

#266849 - 07/07/09 12:27 PM Re: July eJam #2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One of my favorites is a guy named Nils Landgren, a Swedish trombone player, who did a typically 'twisted' version here: http://www.imeem.com/demoniks/music/GniL4fju/nils-landgren-this-masquerade/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Landgren_(musician)

Killer trombone solo at about 2:00. I think the weird ''noises' are upright bass or cello harmonics... gives it an unearthly cast. He reminds one a bit of Chet Baker in the vocal stylings, doesn't he?

"Sentimental Journey' is possibly one of his best and most accessible CD's, if you like him and want to hear more..

#266850 - 07/07/09 12:51 PM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Diki - thanks for the info and links, BUT I think we'd actually like to hear from YOU. You haven't posted anything yet. Can we expect to hear from you soon?

#266851 - 07/07/09 01:27 PM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran, this is a G70 version of a SMF, right? This really shows a little more of the possible guitar sound, but I like your version better. Where'd you find this?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
http://www.box.net/shared/ibymd5lvxz

Here is the "G70's" entry..

Enjoy it while you are reading a book...the entire book...

#266852 - 07/07/09 01:48 PM Re: July eJam #2
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Fran, this is a G70 version of a SMF, right? This really shows a little more of the possible guitar sound, but I like your version better. Where'd you find this?

Cass, this was an older SMF I had (5 parts), I modified each track and used better G70 tones and effects...My intention was to show the G70 has some decent tones too..The guitar is the RequintGt2,V-Jazz brush drums, Blow Alto Vib , Grand X piano, AcBass 88 Pro..
I edited the Sax and Guitar tones and effects..

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online