Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#266993 - 07/28/09 07:51 AM Re: July eJam #2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
EVERY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE - for Donny (and his little friend, John Dileo), Scott Yee, Gary (Travlin' easy), KingFrog, et al. Heck, even Zuki could incorporate that change "from major to minor" (or was it minor to major ).

chas

Chas,

Rumors of my untimely demise have been greatly exaggerated. I still check the forum once in a while, mainly times when I'm not working and the weather is too nasty to go sailing. When the weather is fit, the computer stays turned off, and at the crack of dawn I'm hoisting the sails and sailing to various ports in the Chesapeake Bay's upper reaches.

Thanks for thinking of me,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#266994 - 07/28/09 07:56 AM Re: July eJam #2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
We always think of the great ones ... the ones we miss ...
Happy sailing Gary ... hope the weather has been better than it was in June ...
t.

#266995 - 07/28/09 08:17 AM Re: July eJam #2
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Cass, what about having each "jam" concentrate on a particular genre? Country...standards...latin...70's pop...etc?

That way, we'd also get an idea about what individuals like as well as their interpretations. Tunes could be sent to the administrator. If they fit the requirement, they're posted.

R.

#266996 - 07/28/09 08:26 AM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Here's my idea - everybody grab a month - then you decide how that month's ejam will be run. I've said it over and over - I'm ready and willing to bow out anytime.

BUT...

If I am still choosing songs for August, these will be the TWO songs for the month:

Jambalaya
As Time Goes By

Take it or change it.

#266997 - 07/28/09 09:08 AM Re: July eJam #2
jwyvern Offline

Well here's my submission using Tyros3........

"This Masquerade" - trying to make the arrangement somewhat different/ more aggressive.
I found this song a lot less intuitive than many other songs I can freely interpret. And I didn't even know it for a start which doesn't help, hence the run up to the finishing line .

All parts played concurrently, using a couple of modified styles, some more prominent left voices helping to support the right, no multipads, or multitracking. Plenty of articulated custom voices and one SA2 voice (trumpet at the start)
No use of wheels, the voices articulate as you play them or in the case of SA2, you sometimes have to use a button.

I had to record in 2 separate parts (too many opportunities for going wrong and lack of time and stamina!) and splice them together when producing the audio file so I can't claim it's a once through this time

mp3 here:
http://www.box.net/shared/obff64173z

John, UK Home Player

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 07-28-2009).]

#266998 - 07/28/09 09:26 AM Re: July eJam #2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Very nice indeed ... Chris Botti meets Jean Luc Ponty meets Chet Atkins ???
thank you,
t.

#266999 - 07/28/09 10:15 AM Re: July eJam #2
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:

Beautifully arranged and performed, John.

Almost a hint of St. James Infirmary in there...very nice interpretation, with a mysterious quality about it.

Excellent violin, guitar and trumpet emulations...you sure have a command of your T3.

I tucked this one away on my HD to share with friends.

A 10 out of 10 for sure.

Ian

#267000 - 07/28/09 10:49 AM Re: July eJam #2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Ditto what Ian said, and I feel it has a very surrealistic quality. I felt like I was in a French caberet for most of the song. The guitar kind of broke my reverie because at first it seemed out of place. But everything was played so elegantly that the whole fits together nicely. Definitely worththe wait. Thanks.

#267001 - 07/28/09 07:33 PM Re: July eJam #2
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:

"This Masquerade" - trying to make the arrangement somewhat different/ more aggressive.
I found this song a lot less intuitive than many other songs I can freely interpret. And I didn't even know it for a start which doesn't help, hence the run up to the finishing line .

All parts played concurrently, using a couple of modified styles, some more prominent left voices helping to support the right, no multipads, or multitracking. Plenty of articulated custom voices and one SA2 voice (trumpet at the start)
No use of wheels, the voices articulate as you play them or in the case of SA2, you sometimes have to use a button.

I had to record in 2 separate parts (too many opportunities for going wrong and lack of time and stamina!) and splice them together when producing the audio file so I can't claim it's a once through this time

mp3 here:
http://www.box.net/shared/obff64173z

John, UK Home Player

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 07-28-2009).]

Thanks for sharing that fine talent you have John. I have to say that this is right up there with the best of them. I loved it.
I hope you will get excited to creat some more fine arrangements for us,
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

#267002 - 07/28/09 07:53 PM Re: July eJam #2
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Really nice...something different...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online