SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#266798 - 06/29/09 05:03 PM Question about Audya
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
I just have a question about the Audya.
It does not feature a 16 track sequencer, is this correct?
I only found that you could record MIDI, but not if it features several tracks.
Any info would be apreciatd, many thanks!

#266799 - 06/29/09 05:24 PM Re: Question about Audya
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I think the manual mentions overdubbing of Wave and midi files..

I also heard that Ketron will have a 16 track sequencer in the next OS..

#266800 - 06/29/09 05:28 PM Re: Question about Audya
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I can understand fixing a bug here.., adding new feature there.., but the 16trk seq being scheduled to be added via an OS upgrade. Adding the seq via an upgrade..., well is a little ass-backwards isn't it? I still agree with many in that the Audya does sound amazing.., but some basics should have never been left off.., and adding a seq of all things shouldn't be reserved for an OS upgrade. It should SHIP with that feature already active and fully operational.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266801 - 06/29/09 05:43 PM Re: Question about Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Several people have excused the Audya's slow OS development by bringing up the G70's two major OS overhauls. What most people fail to realize is that NONE of the new features added in OS2 & 3 were features that had been initially promised, and then failed to deliver at launch. Out of the gate, the G70 had fully functional editing (in fact, they were so good they never did improve them!), sequencing and arranger control.

All the new features were things that only ADDED to the OS, not filled in holes already existing. Per part EQ wasn't in the initial release, nor did anyone expect it. The OTS system functioned well, but Roland found a way to make it even better. Guitar Mode was not even in anyone's mind until Roland delivered it. For FREE...

All too much of the Audya's OS development seems merely a late to the prom effort to deliver features promised well before launch, as well as the usual bugfixes. Primary features (the sampler, the style editors etc.) have STILL yet to appear, and we are already at OS2

I'm afraid you will have to find something other than the G70, to excuse this post-launch scrambling to finish the Audya...

#266802 - 06/30/09 01:10 AM Re: Question about Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
We have to understand that everything that comes with new OSs on AUDYA is not new or news,
its the Key features that make an arranger a ARRANGER...which are not there yet. And no, as of
now Audya doesnt have a sequencer, will it have one in the real sense of it? I dont know about it.

#266803 - 06/30/09 10:44 AM Re: Question about Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think it's probably a reasonable inference to assume that whatever sampling, editing and sequencing tools are currently in the SD-1 and -5 are what are most likely to appear in the Audya. If those didn't float your boat in THOSE models, it is unlikely that you'll like them much in the new one.

I simply don't see Ketron keeping mum about a totally new and vastly improved way of doing things (what a large number of people seem to think they need) without some kind of fanfare in advance. They sure trumpeted the Audya's new audio features loud enough, long before they actually figured out if they could actually do them! If they were doing a ground up redesign of the sequencer and editing tools, I think we would have heard about it...

#266804 - 06/30/09 07:03 PM Re: Question about Audya
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ketron, in my opinion, has never had a first class sequencer for recording songs in any keyboard I've sold since the MS50 years. I've never understood this. I've asked the folks from Ketron Italy and AJ to design a good working one but I've never seen it. Maybe they think everyone should use a computer to record keyboard tracks.
The Audya has a simple hit record and play whatever you can on the keyboard and it will record it. Styles, sounds, variations and anything else you press will record and when it's over, play it back. This is the same as the XD9 series. The SD1 has a 16 track sequencer mode but honestly, I could never figure out how to use it. I've been used to recording on Yamaha, Korg and Roland sequencers which are all easier to use in my opinion.
As to the sounds and styles of the Audya, I for one think they are great and I've had a chance to play one now for a few weeks. It's my favorite right now for the sounds and styles.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#266805 - 07/01/09 12:19 PM Re: Question about Audya
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Cass
I am gratefull for participate in this pleasant post.
My tks for all SZoners that posted your music, talents, virtues and faults.
The most important point: We knew a lot of musical faces shared here.
I didn't see this as a competition, just a delicious musical salad.
Bravo Cass, tks once more
Chico

#266806 - 07/01/09 12:23 PM Re: Question about Audya
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Ooops
I posted the topic above in wrong place.
Sorry
Chico

#266807 - 07/01/09 07:20 PM Re: Question about Audya
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Ketron, in my opinion, has never had a first class sequencer for recording songs

KETRON NEVER had any sequencer at all on any machine. What KETRON has is same as the
Backing Sequence on Korg but its way behind, as for a Sequencer Ketron NEVER had one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online