SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#266661 - 06/25/09 03:09 PM Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What the hell..... The celebs are droppin like flies!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090625/en_nm/us_jackson

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-25-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266662 - 06/25/09 03:15 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

What the heck.. now the report is updated did the man die or not?????
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266663 - 06/25/09 03:19 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just heard the terrible news during breakfast.

Initially that he had died, but now that he's in a coma?

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by squeak_D:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 06-25-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#266664 - 06/25/09 03:26 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Yeah reports here just changed to COMA too. When I posted the link the title was in BOLD letters MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD.

#266665 - 06/25/09 03:45 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Reports: Legendary 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson, 50, has died
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/06/25/2009-06-25_reports_michael_jackson_.html

#266666 - 06/25/09 03:49 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
What a tragedy both Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett the same day. That's stunning about Michael Jackson. OMG. May they both RIP!!

#266667 - 06/25/09 03:59 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

We lost Ed McM. too! That's three celebs within a week.

#266668 - 06/25/09 04:40 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I was a big fan of MJs music in his earlier part of his career (Jackson 5), LiveAid (we are the world) and Thriller era. But I never cared for his music after that part of his life. I have to say it is sad when someone dies but I have mixed feelings about his death. I find that the child molestation case really left a stain on his image.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 06-25-2009).]

#266669 - 06/25/09 05:06 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Requiescat in pace, Michelo. What a great talent, yet what a tragic life.

#266670 - 06/25/09 05:15 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Poor, sad, deranged little black/white boy/girl. I hate to sound callous, but I honestly don't believe this report. This is one performer that would definitely pull a Tom Sawyer to upstage the entertainment world. I wish him no ill, but with all his talk of freezing himself and his bizarre lifestyle - I don't believe it for a second. I'd hate to be Farrah's family today - seems like she's yesterdays news already and she's not even cold yet.
Welcome to hollywood.

#266671 - 06/25/09 05:24 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

UD.., Michael's crazy for sure (or at least we should have been calling him "can't get right" over the last 5 years).., but taking his mental state into consideration I find it hard to accept he'd try to boost his career by upstaging Farrah's death. He was currently trying to re-launch his career. Faking this would be clear career killer for him.

Now.., on the other side (IF) he's faking this for a career jump.., perhaps they had no idea how bad their timing was going to be...

#266672 - 06/25/09 05:44 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
How quickly we forget................David Carradine died this month too. I will miss them all..................... -charley

#266673 - 06/25/09 06:15 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
R.I.P to both...but are little boys safer now?

#266674 - 06/25/09 10:20 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Bachus Offline

Finally he may have found some peace.... Truth is he could not handle it and was a victim of his own succes.

May he be remembered for his greatness and not for his madness...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#266675 - 06/25/09 10:45 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
R.I.P to both...but are little boys safer now?

No !!! I never for a minute believed Michael was ever guilty of that. I think he was very unwise and extremely nieve but I always thought it was very sad that he faced those allegations. He was an easy target for fortune seekers who dropped charges once they got their money. Michael just wasn't really in touch with reality and never really realized how his lifestyle may look to the rest of the world. Truly a very sad individual who was far too innocent. RIP Michael and thanks so much for the great music you gave us over your lifetime, you were an awesome singer, songwriter and dancer and that is how I will remember you.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-25-2009).]

#266676 - 06/26/09 01:09 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I agree with you Nigel, it might sound contradicting but what i meant wasnt agreing
with what he was accused of, i never believed in it either.

#266677 - 06/26/09 04:54 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

I was never convinced that he was guilty either. As Nigel said.., Michael was an easy target..., and YES when all the money was offered, look how fast the victims and their families changed their attitudes.

Keep in mind that Michael had no childhood either. His father was verbally, mentally, and physically abusing him and his brothers. He was thrown into the starlight at a very young age. IMO Michael later in life was a man who clearly had issues regarding his missed childhood and very negative feelings towards his father.

He just looked like a man who was trying to recapture a childhood he was never allowed to have. He lived in a Peter Pan fairy land.., and surrounded himself with children. To me it seemed as Michael treated the children in his life the way he wanted to be treated by his own father.., who obviously forced him to grow up very quickly for his own greedy and selfish reasons. Sadly society always has to see the worst and the media had a HUGE role in turning Michaels life upside down by years of false accustations and printed stories. The man led a very stressful life..., not to mention he has been on pain pills since the early 80's (which clearly take a toll on your health). Michael lost all his hair in the Pepsi accident.., he fractured a verb in his back (resulted in a life-long battle with pain from that)..., he fell off a stage and broke his leg too. I wouldn't be surprised if his life long use of pain pills played a role in his death.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-26-2009).]

#266678 - 06/26/09 06:25 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Dnj Offline

MJ........R.I.P.

#266679 - 06/26/09 04:35 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
124 Offline

Very sad. Michael Jackson truly changed the face of music in his time.

What sickens me are the media who so voraciously hounded him at every turn during his more unfortunate episodes and who, now, are leaping on the bandwagon offering up platitudes and gushing tributes to the entity they themselves largely created. Of course, they will continue to milk this tragic event for all its worth. They've never let the facts get in the way of a good story all along. They're not likely to change now.

A pox on their houses.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

#266680 - 06/26/09 05:40 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
So sad!! Never believed he was guilty of wrong doing!

Another Elvis, Janis, Jimi, Jim ending?
Drugs and alcohol have robbed us of so much!

RIP Michael .....

#266681 - 06/26/09 06:40 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
John DiLeo Offline

This is very sad. MJ was loved by millions around the world. One of the greatest entertainers of all time. He left us too soon. Michael will be missed.

#266682 - 06/29/09 07:07 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Poor, sad, deranged little black/white boy/girl. I hate to sound callous, but I honestly don't believe this report. This is one performer that would definitely pull a Tom Sawyer to upstage the entertainment world. I wish him no ill, but with all his talk of freezing himself and his bizarre lifestyle - I don't believe it for a second. I'd hate to be Farrah's family today - seems like she's yesterdays news already and she's not even cold yet.
Welcome to hollywood.

Shit man, you are one cynic. I've given you the benefit of the doubt for years, as I did like your posts from time to time even though others hammered you... but man, this is bull. I know nothing will change with my post to you, but this is bull.

MJ was a genius. I give him benefit of the doubt about his personal life. I am not God and neither are you. This guy had ZERO childhood after age 10, the most important formative years, and even though he led a bizarre adult life, it doesn't mean he was a monster.

I live in Redneck Land and all of my friends fry him but that doesn't mean they are right. He was a very loving individual, in my opinion. If he was a pervert, then, I stand corrected and he was screwed up. But, aren't we all, in some ways? The guy is dead, at a very young age, let it be.

#266683 - 06/29/09 08:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
124 Offline

UD, you "hate to sound callous". Sorry, m8, but you do.

#266684 - 06/30/09 03:32 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Shit man, you are one cynic. I've given you the benefit of the doubt for years, as I did like your posts from time to time even though others hammered you... but man, this is bull. I know nothing will change with my post to you, but this is bull.

MJ was a genius. I give him benefit of the doubt about his personal life. I am not God and neither are you. This guy had ZERO childhood after age 10, the most important formative years, and even though he led a bizarre adult life, it doesn't mean he was a monster.

I live in Redneck Land and all of my friends fry him but that doesn't mean they are right. He was a very loving individual, in my opinion. If he was a pervert, then, I stand corrected and he was screwed up. But, aren't we all, in some ways? The guy is dead, at a very young age, let it be.

so much for a person having their own opinions! so I guess if no one agrees with your views, you take the ball from the sand box and go home?

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 06-30-2009).]

#266685 - 06/30/09 06:33 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

It's about at least showing some respect to an individual who has passed. Michael was no monster. He was a vic of today's media. We're not talking about some mass murderer here. So much of the negative in this mans life was ALL speculation. This man was prosecuted by society because the media has conditioned us to ALWAYS see the worst in a situation. Speculation alone destroys careers.

Opinions are fine.., have as many as you like..., but RESPECT is the issue here.

---------------------------------------------
Poor, sad, deranged little black/white boy/girl.
---------------------------------------------

That statement alone reeks of ignorance.., and can be taken as racially insensitive and a knock against sexual orientation. Sure some of us know UD.., but what about all those viewing this forum who don't know him. What message does that send to potential members (or even lurkers).

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-30-2009).]

#266686 - 06/30/09 10:16 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Just my honest opinion, man. Not trying to influence anyone here. Sorry if it ruffled your feathers, but I am torn on his behavioral issues, and I just wouldn't really put it past his thinking to pull a stunt like this. I actually hope I'm wrong, but it's just the way I feel. As a parent, seeing someone hold a small child over the railing of a high rise just makes me sick .... I can't trust his judgment. As for his talent, yes - he had a load of it, and Quincy Jones was the best thing that ever happened to him. Thriller was genius, as was Off the Wall...and We are the world was a classic for all time.

#266687 - 06/30/09 11:26 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sad thing is, we've got laws in this country to stop you using underage sweatshop labor. You can't make a kid lose his childhood toiling away to make jeans or sneakers, but there's little to stop an ambitious family from tossing their talented kid onstage and working them to the point where they don't HAVE a childhood...

We 'grow up' in school, on the playground, and doing 'family and friends' things. Deny a child that, and who should we point the finger at when they grow up to be bizarre and unstable? The parents, for doing it, or us, for not caring, as long as we get great music out of it?

Sadly, most of us simply pointed the finger at 'Wakko Jakko' and laughed.

#266688 - 06/30/09 11:34 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
...It's about at least showing some respect to an individual who has passed...

Well, that's what human beings always do. When a person die people only seem to remember
(or want to remember) just the "good things".
Speaches flow over of "good stories" and how nice etc etc. While alive: That damn bastard
did this or that.........
An old say is: No smoke if no fire, and I think it's a wise say.
All that said, MJ sure made a lot of good music and nice performances during his lifetime,
and it's no doubt that he/she was a great entertainer.
Probably a generation issue, but it's soo many brilliant artists to choose and put into
my CD or MP3-player, majority of the MJ songs don't reach the top of my playlist.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#266689 - 06/30/09 01:16 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Poor, sad, deranged little black/white boy/girl

After re-reading that line, I could have worded it a little better, but I was only trying to state how unusual and bizarre his lifestyle was. I have no race or gender issues with anyone, but he seemed to be unsure of both.

To anyone who found it insulting, I apologize - the wording was a little off the wall...just like the subject matter.
Weird, but "Off the wall" is one of my favorite albums. Quincy was such a great influence on Michael as an artist. The combo made some great music. It's a shame that so much controversy surrounded the rest of his dealings with others.

#266690 - 06/30/09 01:36 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Diki Offline

A friend of mine has a CD that documents the development of the Off the Wall album... a lot of the early demos and outtakes. What shocked me was how close some of the Jackson family demos were to the final product. Michael and Janet playing the bottles percussion part on "Don't Stop til You Get Enough', Tito's basslines, that kind of thing.

While Quincy is 'the man', don't discount how talented and creative they all were even before he got involved.

#266691 - 07/01/09 12:32 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thing is, the impact of MJ was so much more than just the music. It's the old combination of entertainer/musician again. Without the visuals and show production values, it's pleasant music, but that's about it. The sum was greater than the parts.

UD is a guy who sometimes writes before he articulates his thoughts. He pissed me off a few times before I met him, but believe me, he's a sensitive old "teddy bear" and certainly doesn't ever mean to be offensive...racist...any of that.

Russ

#266692 - 07/01/09 12:54 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

I too know UD's not that way. The way he worded it though (to those here who may not really know him) may have taken offense to his remark.

Squeak

#266693 - 07/01/09 01:31 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Diki Offline

There are people here that will take offense no matter HOW you phrase something!

The thought that possibly someone else doesn't see things EXACTLY the way they do must be an intolerable burden...

#266694 - 07/03/09 07:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
MJ was a great entertainer. As a person he was either a pedophile or moron take your pick. Let's objectivly look at the facts:

1. He likes little kids. On the surface nothing wrong with that.

2. He builds an amusment park at his home to attract kids. Again that could be completely innocent.

3. Has young kids overnight on sleepovers in his own bed. Pedophile or moron take your pick.

Tom

Tom

#266695 - 07/03/09 11:45 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
with the parents full knowledge and full endorsement......

Then he gets blackmailed about money BEFORE the allegations are reported to the police.

Just adding some more balance to the paedophile moron options (which are actually false optins anyway).

#266696 - 07/04/09 08:16 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

If he wanted the kids to sleep over he should have had the parents sleep over too. He then could have have had the child sleep with the parents instead of himself.

A rich famous person such as MJ needs to protect himself. By choosing not to, he is either a moron or a pedophile.

My vote is still pedophile.

Tom

#266697 - 07/05/09 11:00 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
so if MJ had an underlying mental condition which inhibited his ability to make rational long term decisions or impaired his judgement like for example his focus on altering his physical appearance,his constant seemingling insatable desire to purchase expensive baubles regardless of price or value, toys, his purchase of animals like his pet monkey that he used to dress up like himself etc , his seeming desire to recapture his child hood in every way incuding sleep overs . If he had a mental illness , are the only 2 choices still moron or paedophile or does a mental illness come under both ?

I hope you never have anyone you love or care for suffer from any mental illness.

#266698 - 07/08/09 05:32 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Well I for one see what your saying Spalding.

Also, my wife pointed out something just now (when we were watching a Doco on Jackson) something so obvious, yet not really, PROPERLY touched upon - I think.

When you see interviews with Jackson - especialy that famous 60 minutes one - it's clear to me that he is answering as earnestly and honestly as he knows how. A lot of his answers and logic rings true, (especially to himself) and thus I do really believe much of what he says on the subject of Child abuse, and his part (or lack therof) in it.

But here's the thing:

It's been made clear that he has been using - and I'll say addicted to - prescription Pain killers, for YEARS. I don't think anyone can really argue that.

THAT, I think, is why you have an air of "la la land" to his interviews and public statements that has added to his "wacko Jacko" persona (some of that cultivated deliberately by himself reportedly) and THAT is also perhaps why he has made such poor long term judgements in his personal life.

Really, I'm serious.

It's well documented what long term Prescription Medication use/abuse can do to someone mentally.
Couple that with Jackson's utter UTTER fame and being pursued by both the Paparazzi and a punishing work schedule, and it's no WONDER his life turned out the way it did.

RIP Michael.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#266699 - 07/08/09 06:15 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Spalding.., that's what I've been saying for years. IMO Michael is clearly a man (that because of being a child star).., lost his childhood in the process. It's not uncommon.., and it happens all the time. Young children cast into fame.., forced to grow up quickly.., sticking to tough touring schedules, interviews, ect. They miss out on being a kid.

Michael's home AKA "LA LA Land".., was a child's fairytale come true. The man surrounded himself with the things he missed out on.

Seriously.., how many of us as kids wanted a pet monkey! He turned his home into the lavish "rich child star's life" that he never got to live. He also relived that life through the children he surrounded himself with. Sadly society always has to think the worst in things. No one ever seemed to talk about the JOY it brought to Michaels life to give to children.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-08-2009).]

#266700 - 07/08/09 07:17 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Ok,

Pedophile

Moron

mentally ill

mentally ill pedophile

The possibilities are endless.

btw My mother in law was mentally ill for the 28 years that I knew her.

Tom

#266701 - 07/08/09 11:50 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
btw My mother in law was mentally ill for the 28 years that I knew her.

It's always the wife's family that are mentally ill... Our own family's members are just 'eccentric' or 'special' or 'unique', aren't they?

#266702 - 09/01/09 06:41 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Dnj Offline

#266703 - 09/01/09 11:26 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Note...This was a fake video done by a film company to see how quickly it takes for people to be taken in by it..it worked quite well be the looks of it...

Quote:

#266704 - 09/01/09 11:26 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Note...This was a fake video done by a film company to see how quickly it takes for people to be taken in by it..it worked quite well be the looks of it...

Quote:

#266705 - 09/02/09 07:01 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Dnj Offline

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up alive somewhere down the road.....easily he is the biggest star in the world!

#266706 - 09/02/09 10:10 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. ~Norman Cousins

#266707 - 09/02/09 11:18 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

Did MJ ever have a keyboard, if he did what was it and could he play it. Are there any YOUTUBE snippets of him playing?
What the hell as SZ to do the life and works of a weirdo, I need data on KETRON, KORG etc. Jackson wasnt my bag and well hes gone - KETRON and KORG etc are still here well just, lets talk about the living things and the future of KBs if there is one.
Drop the thread before it becomes a record hitter and turn me on and talk to me of styles and presets and all that tosh!

Regards
PS Leave Whitney Houston out of it as well she doesnt play KB
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#266708 - 09/04/09 05:12 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Dnj Offline

#266709 - 09/04/09 07:10 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA

#266710 - 09/04/09 07:13 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Dnj Offline

A true genius at work!!

R.I.P.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online