SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#266691 - 07/01/09 12:32 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thing is, the impact of MJ was so much more than just the music. It's the old combination of entertainer/musician again. Without the visuals and show production values, it's pleasant music, but that's about it. The sum was greater than the parts.

UD is a guy who sometimes writes before he articulates his thoughts. He pissed me off a few times before I met him, but believe me, he's a sensitive old "teddy bear" and certainly doesn't ever mean to be offensive...racist...any of that.

Russ

#266692 - 07/01/09 12:54 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I too know UD's not that way. The way he worded it though (to those here who may not really know him) may have taken offense to his remark.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266693 - 07/01/09 01:31 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There are people here that will take offense no matter HOW you phrase something!

The thought that possibly someone else doesn't see things EXACTLY the way they do must be an intolerable burden...

#266694 - 07/03/09 07:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
MJ was a great entertainer. As a person he was either a pedophile or moron take your pick. Let's objectivly look at the facts:

1. He likes little kids. On the surface nothing wrong with that.

2. He builds an amusment park at his home to attract kids. Again that could be completely innocent.

3. Has young kids overnight on sleepovers in his own bed. Pedophile or moron take your pick.

Tom

Tom

#266695 - 07/03/09 11:45 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
with the parents full knowledge and full endorsement......

Then he gets blackmailed about money BEFORE the allegations are reported to the police.

Just adding some more balance to the paedophile moron options (which are actually false optins anyway).

#266696 - 07/04/09 08:16 AM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

If he wanted the kids to sleep over he should have had the parents sleep over too. He then could have have had the child sleep with the parents instead of himself.

A rich famous person such as MJ needs to protect himself. By choosing not to, he is either a moron or a pedophile.

My vote is still pedophile.

Tom

#266697 - 07/05/09 11:00 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
so if MJ had an underlying mental condition which inhibited his ability to make rational long term decisions or impaired his judgement like for example his focus on altering his physical appearance,his constant seemingling insatable desire to purchase expensive baubles regardless of price or value, toys, his purchase of animals like his pet monkey that he used to dress up like himself etc , his seeming desire to recapture his child hood in every way incuding sleep overs . If he had a mental illness , are the only 2 choices still moron or paedophile or does a mental illness come under both ?

I hope you never have anyone you love or care for suffer from any mental illness.

#266698 - 07/08/09 05:32 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Well I for one see what your saying Spalding.

Also, my wife pointed out something just now (when we were watching a Doco on Jackson) something so obvious, yet not really, PROPERLY touched upon - I think.

When you see interviews with Jackson - especialy that famous 60 minutes one - it's clear to me that he is answering as earnestly and honestly as he knows how. A lot of his answers and logic rings true, (especially to himself) and thus I do really believe much of what he says on the subject of Child abuse, and his part (or lack therof) in it.

But here's the thing:

It's been made clear that he has been using - and I'll say addicted to - prescription Pain killers, for YEARS. I don't think anyone can really argue that.

THAT, I think, is why you have an air of "la la land" to his interviews and public statements that has added to his "wacko Jacko" persona (some of that cultivated deliberately by himself reportedly) and THAT is also perhaps why he has made such poor long term judgements in his personal life.

Really, I'm serious.

It's well documented what long term Prescription Medication use/abuse can do to someone mentally.
Couple that with Jackson's utter UTTER fame and being pursued by both the Paparazzi and a punishing work schedule, and it's no WONDER his life turned out the way it did.

RIP Michael.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#266699 - 07/08/09 06:15 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Spalding.., that's what I've been saying for years. IMO Michael is clearly a man (that because of being a child star).., lost his childhood in the process. It's not uncommon.., and it happens all the time. Young children cast into fame.., forced to grow up quickly.., sticking to tough touring schedules, interviews, ect. They miss out on being a kid.

Michael's home AKA "LA LA Land".., was a child's fairytale come true. The man surrounded himself with the things he missed out on.

Seriously.., how many of us as kids wanted a pet monkey! He turned his home into the lavish "rich child star's life" that he never got to live. He also relived that life through the children he surrounded himself with. Sadly society always has to think the worst in things. No one ever seemed to talk about the JOY it brought to Michaels life to give to children.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-08-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266700 - 07/08/09 07:17 PM Re: Michael Jackson has died!!!!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Ok,

Pedophile

Moron

mentally ill

mentally ill pedophile

The possibilities are endless.

btw My mother in law was mentally ill for the 28 years that I knew her.

Tom

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online