SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26664 - 10/10/98 12:33 AM XP-80: I want the scoop and nothing but the scoop : )
irish Offline

Loc: seattle, WA, US
Just wanna make sure i'm on the right page here. Anyone own / played with a Roland XP-80 workstation? i want to couple it (eventually) with a real sampler (read: not Yamaha EX5 - ideas wanted), plus a Roland MC-505, and then i can throw down some truly tech ambience.
Of prime import to me is good realtime assignable controls and filters - any experience there? how about the joystick, as i'm a wheel / ribbon junkie, that's a new one for me...

how does its sound weigh against a Korg Trinity? Or the buggier Yamaha EX5?

peace and thanks,
irish

btw: if you took the time to respond, thanks again. I totally appreciate all the assist i can get.

#26665 - 11/30/98 09:23 AM Re: XP-80: I want the scoop and nothing but the scoop : )
Andz Offline

Loc: Hampshire, England
Dear Irish,

I'm not able to give tonnes of help to you but I've played with an XP-80 @ Rolands Music Fest last year, Guildford, I'm a new owner of an XP-60 and can tell you that as an X Yamaha wheel man myself, the joystick is very easy to get to grips with. as for assignable filters, the 6 sliders on the panel of the XP-60/80 are a doddle to use and assign

Hope this helps,
Andz (Basingstoke).

#26666 - 12/10/98 09:40 PM Re: XP-80: I want the scoop and nothing but the scoop : )
Peter j Offline

Loc: N.Z. Whangarei
I just bought an xp60.And I would suggest one of the xp's over the trinity's any day!
The sliders & joystick are pimps to use along with the 4 asignable foot controlers.(If your looking for a great controler keyboard take a look a the A90 ex. It's got the best of rolands piano sounds according to Roland & man can it control!)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online