SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266534 - 06/21/09 08:32 PM help with revoicing midi on T2
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
can someone walk me through the steps in slow motion to revoice midi and save it with the melody track turned off and the key changed on the Tyros 2.

#266535 - 06/21/09 08:41 PM Re: help with revoicing midi on T2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mikey, if it was a Roland I can tell you how easily it is to do what you want..So easy even Cass can do it...
Just kidding...

I think on the Yamaha's you need to go to song creator, if I remember correctly, there are multiple pages to get the chore completed...

#266536 - 06/21/09 10:21 PM Re: help with revoicing midi on T2
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Mikey - Fran's right. There are several pages under Song Creator that could be reckoned with.

1. After you have the midi the way you want it to sound you have to press "Digital Recording">Song Creator.

2. Across the top of the screen you'll see the tabs for different functions. You have to activate the "Channel" tab.

3. Now you'll see 5 setup options. If you just hit "execute" here, it'll save the song without transposing it. To transpose it, you have to step down to the "Channel Transpose" setting, set your tranpose settings the way you want them and then select "Execute" and "SAVE". For example if your song is in C and you want it to play always in Bb, you can (a) always hit the transpose button twice (-) on the keyboard, or, if you save the song via Song Creator after moving all the tracks but the drum track down 2 half steps, the song will play properly. But remember this - if you transpose the song to Bb and then play it while the keyboard's transpose button is set to something other than "O", your song will be transposed again in accordance with the keyboard's settings.

I know this sounds confusing. But if you experiment a bit with it, you'll get it. Just remember that you have to step through the items on the "Channel" tab in Song Creator to ensure that your transpose settings are the way you want them, then select "Execute" and "Save".

There also is another option Mikey - if you set the keyboard up with the transpose the way you want it, you can save the song as a registration. In this case, when you first hit the "Memory" button, a screen comes up and if you have "Song" checked, the registration will store that midi song w/the registration. Then when you hit the button, if the registration is transposed, the song will also play in the transposed key (I'm pretty sure that's the way it'll work).

Hope this helps! I'll be glad to help further if this doesn't work out for you. I've done these things a few times...just not lately. But I think this will work for you.

Good luck!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#266537 - 06/21/09 10:26 PM Re: help with revoicing midi on T2
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Mikey - regarding the voices....

1. Press "mixing console". Then as your midi is playing, you can step through the screens to see which channels are playing midi data. At this point, you can select other voices for each part. Do this til you are satisfied.

2. For melody tracks, move the volume to "0" to mute it out.

3. Now go into Digital Recording>Song Creator. On the Channel Tab, step to number 5 (Setup). Ensure that "VOICE" is checked (this will make sure that once you hit "Execute" the song will be saved with the voice changes).

4. Once "Voice" is checked, press "Execute" and then "Save".

This should work I am pretty sure. Like I said, I haven't done this too much lately, but as I recall, that's the way it works on T2.

Good luck! Let me know if I can help further!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online