SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266404 - 06/19/09 12:09 PM V-Machine CPU upgrade.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.

Just posting this here because I know a few people have been following the V-Machine.

One of the guys working at SMPro Audio has just mentioned what the CPU upgrade will be like.

Quote:
The CPU upgrade will be around 2.3 times the current speed of the V-Machine, we had to wait for a new CPU to be available that can conform to our specifications of Wattage (heat output) used. It will also allow us to have upto 2gig or RAM on board. I will post some test figures as soon as i have them.(real world running VST plugins).

It will be in upgrade to any existing V-Machine (old or new)

Cost around $150-175 (USD)

we will do some final testing towards the end of July with a plan to release it in Sep-Oct.

Which means for sample playback your basically looking at in around 230+ notes poly with a limiter and a reverb plugin running at the same time.

That's pretty sweet

James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-19-2009).]

#266405 - 06/19/09 12:34 PM Re: V-Machine CPU upgrade.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sounds good... any news on whether the new CPU will get rolled into a new model and it's price?

2.3X the CPU might get this pony up fast enough to run those virtual synths well...

Curious about the limiter, though... does the mix engine on the V-Machine need it to prevent overloads?

#266406 - 06/19/09 01:12 PM Re: V-Machine CPU upgrade.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
any news on whether the new CPU will get rolled into a new model and it's price?

Haven't got a clue.

Quote:
2.3X the CPU might get this pony up fast enough to run those virtual synths well...

Yeah, should be a nice boost.

Quote:
Curious about the limiter, though... does the mix engine on the V-Machine need it to prevent overloads

With so many different sources available to you as your sound source, I find it nice to have that Limiter there as a safe guard. You don't need it but you do need to set the volume for the sounds you load onto the V-Machine the first time because like all instruments you can clip the amp.

For a off the shelf keyboard this is done for you at the factory VS the V-Machine which is basically a box you load your own sounds into.

James

#266407 - 06/19/09 01:57 PM Re: V-Machine CPU upgrade.
ocomain Offline

James,

Thanks for posting this info, much appreciated! The release time frame sounds good also...just sold my Roland XV-5050 & Ensoniq MR Rack and am gravitating towards the VST hardware solution. The MuseBox will be out by then so I'll be able to compare both products!

Michael

#266408 - 06/19/09 04:21 PM Re: V-Machine CPU upgrade.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank you James,
appreciate the information.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Irishacts:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry