SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266369 - 06/18/09 04:58 PM New Mac version of BIAB...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
http://news.harmony-central.com/Product-...9-for-Macintosh

Finally, a Mac version with RealTracks and RealDrums, and most of the new stuff for the Windows version.

Mind you, for Intel Mac only (damnit! )

#266370 - 06/19/09 02:33 PM Re: New Mac version of BIAB...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Mind you, for Intel Mac only (damnit! )

What better excuse for an upgrade? Other than Snow Leopard being Intel-only, of course?

#266371 - 06/19/09 04:14 PM Re: New Mac version of BIAB...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If only it WERE 'just an upgrade'...

Sadly, my entire production studio at home is based around PCI componentry (MOTU 2408II, UAD-1 cards, etc.) and my entire software suite is OS 9.2 based (pretty near bombproof, though) that runs well on my old Quicksilver, so just buying a new Intel Mac is only a small PART of the process I would have to go through to fully upgrade.

'If it ain't broke...' is a part of my music-making mantra, so until this current machine finally dies, I am going to coax as much out of it as I can

Mind you, I am fascinated by the announcement that Snow Leopard has a programming language that allows you to leverage the processing power of the GPU (graphics chip) to do computation... I don't know if you know, but all the UAD-1 card (and I think the Powercore, too) was was essentially an older graphics chip leveraged to do audio computation. If the same technique can be applied to the MUCH more powerful modern graphics chips in modern Macs, be prepared to see some staggering increases in native power for DAW purposes...

Exciting times...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online