Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#266361 - 06/20/09 12:17 PM Re: Website with 700 plus song lead sheets
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
John-

Go back and re-read the thread. Eddie asked about the copyright angle, which is a legit question, and Diki went to the site, found their verbage regarding copyrights and posted it here for the thread to benefit from as opposed to perhaps assumptions, conjecture or who knows what.

I don't think Diki did anything wrong in this instance whatsoever. By your post, am I correct to say you meant Eddie of all people took the thread down a negative road by asking the original question? That's silly...

If Donny had posted that info, as he has provided details on various questions countless times, would you have reacted the same way? A question was asked...and someone posted a very reasonable answer...

Let's not manufacture this stuff.

Bill, good points..

#266362 - 06/20/09 01:20 PM Re: Website with 700 plus song lead sheets
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://sheets4all.t35.com/

Looks like a potentially interesting and useful site but the first tune I tried to download gave me a "file not found" error, the second one brought such a flurry of popup ads that I had to shut down Mozilla just to get out of it...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#266363 - 06/20/09 01:22 PM Re: Website with 700 plus song lead sheets
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bill and Donny, nice finds, thank you.

BTW, anyone have the sheet to a tune called "flute thing" Was originally recorded by Blues Project,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rlmK1IFAc8

#266364 - 06/20/09 01:24 PM Re: Website with 700 plus song lead sheets
Dnj Offline

I'm just passing it along from a friend for all you readers, nothing is ever perfect on the internet.

#266365 - 06/20/09 11:09 PM Re: Website with 700 plus song lead sheets
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

FYI:
Lots of links to sheet music web sites at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/music_1.htm

Kind Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#266366 - 06/22/09 02:23 AM Re: Website with 700 plus song lead sheets
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
I don't think Diki's post is negative, just states out some points.

Hmmm.... strange to see so many think it's all right to spread such links
by use of a site like SZ ...
but maybe Nigel does ... care about copyrights

Of course I do but I am not about to be forced to make judgement on every website someone posts a link to. That could be a fulltime job, and it is doubtful whether the necessary information would be made available to make those sorts of decisions.

But like this particular site's disclaimer YouTube seems to have pioneered presenting material until a copyright holder requests it to be removed. A major percentage of YouTube videos seem have been grabbed from commercial work. And I am certainly not about to start judging and censoring links to every YouTube video that is posted. I am not even going to open that Pandora's Box.

If you feel strongly about a website's policy on copyright the only people to contact are the copyright holders. If there is a breach of policy then the content will be removed.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online