SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266337 - 06/18/09 09:36 AM Custom Case Report
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
This is a follow up on the case I had made by Blue Heron Cases. First and foremost - it is really made with outstanding workmanship. It is also a perfect fit for my Tyros 3 - no slop at all. The material is first class and the zippers are the best of any case I have had. Ken's service at Blue Heron was outstanding - he delivered the case to me in the time frame he indicated and has been very receptive of my recommendations on ways to make the case absolutely perfect. So, without hesitation I would recommend him to anyone looking for a custom case.

But Alas, the case is not perfect - no fault of Kens or mine. When you order anything custom over the phone you take a risk that the product will not be what you expected. The case is very light which is good - but that also means it does not have enough padding. If you buy a keyboard case from Ken make sure you tell him to double the padding on all sides - top and bottom from what he generally uses. This is my only complaint and by the way - Ken offered to take it back and redo the case but I decided to just keep it. I am the only person who ever moves my gear and I figure if I bump it around it is my fault.

One other neat thing about the case is the handle. It is very much like a suit case handle which makes it very easy to carry. He offered to put several other "grab handles" on the case but I did not do that.

Folks, all in all I am very happy with the case and it sure has made my life a lot easier. The folks at blue heron are great and the products are first class. His pricing was on the same level as any other custom case company too.

Later,
Hammer

[This message has been edited by hammer (edited 06-18-2009).]

#266338 - 06/18/09 03:00 PM Re: Custom Case Report
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Deane, glad it worked out. Im getting ready to order several cases for oddball instruments I have laying around here....double and triple neck guitars, etc. from Blue Heron.

R.

#266339 - 06/19/09 05:44 AM Re: Custom Case Report
John DiLeo Offline

Hammer is there a picture of your new custom case? Are they expensive compared to others like Gator etc.?

#266340 - 06/19/09 06:15 AM Re: Custom Case Report
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
No picture - it looks like any other black case in a picture.

Yes, it was more expensive thana gator case. There are no cases being made today that fit the tyros 3 properly - thus the custom case.

Hammer

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online