SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#266275 - 06/16/09 08:05 PM Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Is anybody still using the Z5500 speakers?

Thanks

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#266276 - 06/17/09 12:34 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Yes,and still well pleased with their performance,Home use and occasional small venues.

Gilbert.

#266277 - 06/17/09 07:23 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of our most valuable members (before he was banned) Scott Yee, uses one daily. You can reach him at scottyee.com
DonM

#266278 - 06/17/09 07:35 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony_Mads uses the z5500 as well, former SZ member Pose too.

#266279 - 06/17/09 07:36 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yes, still using mine, although I had a mishap with the sub and a couple of pins were bent.... it is being repaired now ...

I am strongly considering the Podium 10's as an additional unit ...
t.

#266280 - 06/17/09 07:42 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
John DiLeo Offline

It's really a shame to hear the word "former" before peoples names that were here on SZ in the past. I didn't know Mr. Yee was banned? I have a friend who uses a logitech system and it sounds really good.

#266281 - 06/17/09 09:59 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
John , when you are banned from SZ..you earned it..Don't feel sorry for folks that get the axe from Nigel...he is more than fair...PS: he also gives warnings, that seem to be ignored......except in my case (First ever ban from SZ)...

#266282 - 06/17/09 10:30 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
BTW: Scott is no longer banned, he has been back, but chooses not to be as active..I suppose..

#266283 - 06/17/09 02:00 PM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
ViLo Offline

Thanks for all your replies. I have been considering the Logitechs because I play mostly in small churches and I'm not getting any younger[I can Handle the sub ] and the price point its key here.
altough I would like to get the Bose Compact system too, but I need to save some more money.

Thanks again.

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#266284 - 06/18/09 12:22 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
Thanks for all your replies. I have been considering the Logitechs because I play mostly in small churches and I'm not getting any younger[I can Handle the sub ] and the price point its key here.
altough I would like to get the Bose Compact system too, but I need to save some more money.

Thanks again.

It would be best if you can try out the z5500 first to see if you'll be one of those that like them.

I have them, I have used the sub only with my JBL Eon 10G2's and it's kind of nice for that kind of sound. I've only done that a few times as I really, really don't need the sub because I place the JBL's on the floor always and get more than enough bass.

As far as the satelites, I really dislike them. While there are many who like them, there are many who dislike them, but for some reason tend to be quiter about it.

I only state this so you give them a fair chance but are able to return them. Would hate to see you get them and have them collect dust like mine.

If I were looking for some inexpensive speakers I would consider the Behringer B212a's which sell for about $279 apiece. I have heard only good reports about them, except from a couple of people that have never actually tried them.

I would even consider the Podium's that have gotten a quite a bit of exposure lately.

I really think either of these choices would be a better situation than, let's face it, computer speakers.

The one's Scott Yee uses, are custom done, adding larger speakers to it etc.

Wish you luck in satisfying your own particular needs

Scott

#266285 - 06/18/09 03:44 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
ViLo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
It would be best if you can try out the z5500 first to see if you'll be one of those that like them.

I have them, I have used the sub only with my JBL Eon 10G2's and it's kind of nice for that kind of sound. I've only done that a few times as I really, really don't need the sub because I place the JBL's on the floor always and get more than enough bass.

As far as the satelites, I really dislike them. While there are many who like them, there are many who dislike them, but for some reason tend to be quiter about it.

I only state this so you give them a fair chance but are able to return them. Would hate to see you get them and have them collect dust like mine.

If I were looking for some inexpensive speakers I would consider the Behringer B212a's which sell for about $279 apiece. I have heard only good reports about them, except from a couple of people that have never actually tried them.

I would even consider the Podium's that have gotten a quite a bit of exposure lately.

I really think either of these choices would be a better situation than, let's face it, computer speakers.

The one's Scott Yee uses, are custom done, adding larger speakers to it etc.

Wish you luck in satisfying your own particular needs

Scott

Thanks Scott, I have a system that I like, I have the Samson DB300a and the Yamaha 166CX mixer, I'm just looking the lighted the load and set up time, I have been o a sabbatical latley but I'm getting the Yamaha S900 and start playing again & recording again.

Thanks for your reply.

God Bless

#266286 - 06/19/09 01:53 AM Re: Is there Any Logitech Z5500 Users Left?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi ViLo

I haven't tried the Podium 802's myself, but if you're looking to lighten the load, they are 19 pounds each and I believe together they have 400 watts RMS. It seems to me they cost about $240 for a pair!

There are a number of threads on these speakers.

The sub to the z5500 weighs around 35 pounds. Lots of wires to contend with.

But there are a lot of people that really like the Logitechs. Not enough mids to suit my ears.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online