SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#266271 - 06/19/09 05:16 AM Re: Ketron Audya Finally in Los Angeles!
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
Many companies as well as boutique style manufacturers typically have very small marks on certain products in their lineup. The standard dealer "B" mark often doesn't apply so Ketron with their Audya dealer pricing isn't unusual (the Korg Oasys had a similar price structure when it was introduced). Its up to the dealer to decide whether or not he or she should carry that product and if it warrants taking up space on their sales floor. If George felt the MAP to dealer cost difference was too minimal he shouldn't have ordered the Audya in the first place.

There are many customers who will merely use a dealer for their knowledge or to see a product in person only to order it afterwards via online because someone else made them a better deal. There really is no way to stop this from happening and as a dealer one hopes the prospective customer is being sincere in their inquiry and will value dealer support after the sale. Having two prices for the same product simply makes the customer wonder why and in the end it will hurt the dealer more than help.

When I've sold products with marginal profit I did so knowing full well it was more of a convenience for my clientele and definitely not going to make me rich. Sometime just having that product in will help sell many lower priced products for the dealer and I'm sure that may be the case in George's situation. Customers may come to see the Audya only to buy a Tyros 3 or PAX2 when they see and hear them all in person. The fact is most people wouldn't purchase and Audya even if it were $4,000, not because it's not worth the money, but because keyboards in excess of $3,000 simply don't sell well. Arranger keyboards are a niche market and the bulk of arranger sales are lower end PSR's to the home market. TOTL arranger clientele are few and far between and while many people on Synthzone can easily voice their opinion of TOTL products, many people who do bash these products don't actually own an instrument that costs in excess of $4,000 so an Audya would never be a consideration for them. Still people don't seem to have a problem voicing there disdain for a product they'd never actually afford which seems odd to me.

You bring up a very important fact, I used to work for COMPUSA and I was number 1 in sales for many months in NJ not because I tried to cheat people out of a deal and for my gains but because I was honest and believed in the products that I sold with my knowledge to help the customer with their specific need, but that was exactly what most customers were, they asked us alot of questions then decided on what computer they would buy and then buy it mail-order, well, I explained to them that it is a free country and they can buy anywhere they want but if they don't buy from us we would not exist to provide the service that a dealer provides so, what happend? no more COMPUSA only in Florida were TigerDirect bought them out,although TigerDirect is a great mailorder company and has some presence in Florida which has some loacl stores the local economy in the Tristate area suffers with job losses and economic instability,that is very sad but what can you do? the writing was on the wall many many years ago and now? economic crises?
you decide.

-Vangelis

[This message has been edited by vangelis (edited 06-19-2009).]

#266272 - 06/19/09 12:43 PM Re: Ketron Audya Finally in Los Angeles!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
George, this just looks like "business as usual" from these guys. What a shame! I'll promise that I'll buy anything I need from either you or Frank if you can supply it, and trust you to set a fair price you can live with. Independent dealers you can trust are few and far between. You met internet prices on most of my purchases, and the total purchase is usually only higher than the on-line suppliers by the cost of the freight, which they generally throw in. That's a small price to pay for service from a trusted source and not enough difference to go elsewhere, for sure.

I ordered 6 keyboard bags and cases from Frank and didn't ask the price. When the bill came I was totally happy with his product(s), price and service.

I appreciate and count on you guys, even though you're thousands of miles away.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-19-2009).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online