Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#265782 - 06/24/09 12:42 AM Re: 8 Beat style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Spalding,
so do I.
Would have been interesting to hear one against the other, especially just as a straight style, no melody, to distract from the comparison.

Oh well, suppose we'll see if it eventuates.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
thanks Rikkisbears. The last post on that thread still looked quite hopeful. I really hope that Diki and Magic Alpha complete this experiment as it would anser so many questions and we could actually have a practical example of what can be done on the MS and can compare it directly with a standard arranger. It would be such a wasted opportunity if it has stalled.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#265783 - 06/24/09 10:33 AM Re: 8 Beat style
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry... gigging like crazy. It'll be up as soon as I get the G70 back in the house.

#265784 - 06/24/09 11:32 AM Re: 8 Beat style
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry... gigging like crazy. It'll be up as soon as I get the G70 back in the house.

Good for you, Diki ...
t.

#265785 - 07/01/09 04:09 PM Re: 8 Beat style
Magica Alfa Offline

Diki, nice to see you here.

When you will have some time for me I will be proud that you share your examples with me and that we can do something for other SZ members.

I wish you good and nice gigs.

rikkisbears,
About converting with EMC yes you are right you need to check each part otherwise you will get totally different style. But that comes out only when author of style use a lot of resets.

#265786 - 07/01/09 10:16 PM Re: 8 Beat style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Magica,
does it keep tempo changes intact??

I wasn't sure if it was because I was using Universal version of EMC, but I tried converting one of my sd1+ styles across to korg format. Apart from the Live drums not converting well, it also removed about 50 tempo changes in the Intro's. The intro sounded odd without them.
Ended up recording it as a midifile instead, & put the style together from that.
Strangely enough, a lot of the type of styles I use have multiple tempo changes in the intro's & endings.

best wishes
Rikki

That's why I was wondering if the version of EMC used in the MS differed to the pc version??
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:

rikkisbears,
About converting with EMC yes you are right you need to check each part otherwise you will get totally different style. But that comes out only when author of style use a lot of resets.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#265787 - 07/08/09 03:33 PM Re: 8 Beat style
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
is this thing going to happen at all ?

#265788 - 07/09/09 05:00 AM Re: 8 Beat style
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
is this thing going to happen at all ?

I'm waiting.

About converting of styles with tempo changing I have no such troubles also not in PC, because they are still hiden at bacground, you need only to find it. Tempo is stay at position. But I rather make my own tempo for style.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online