If you like it or not that one is mine.

#265763 - 06/07/09 02:34 PM Re: 8 Beat style
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Dont like it.

#265764 - 06/07/09 02:54 PM Re: 8 Beat style
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
well done Magic Alpha. thats not a bad style at all. Its all a little bass heavy but thats definately useable.

Could you tell us a little about how you made it ?

For example how many CV's have you used ? or did you copy anything from another style or was it all your own work in terms of all the instruments played, guitar strums etc.

Thanks for having the courage to post up your styles :-)

#265765 - 06/07/09 03:16 PM Re: 8 Beat style
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes i agree, definitely useable nice and simple which allows the end user a great deal of space for doing their own thing.

The drums and bass are well balanced in my view. Remember this is not a karaoke style the user will still be playing the live keyboard over the top of this, so its good the drums and bass are more upfront.

Bravo Magica!!

#265766 - 06/07/09 03:47 PM Re: 8 Beat style
AFG Music Offline

here a yamaha style with live styler. if there somthing wrong becouse a use demo version of livestyler on mediasation. there for live styler cut some times and you have to restart the live styler. the style name is Entrance

het is only live styler with YXG50
http://www.easy-share.com/1905583594/Entrance.wav

#265767 - 06/07/09 06:02 PM Re: 8 Beat style
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
thanks for posting. I dont know if i am doing anything wrong. The file downloads fine but when i play it the sound is very badly distorted. Is it just me ? From what i could make out the style was fine.If its not too much trouble can you post the same style again after tweaking it using whatever VST sounds you feel will make the style sound better and let us hear the two versions side by side. This would be a great demonstration of what the MS has over other keyboards.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 06-07-2009).]

#265768 - 06/08/09 01:39 PM Re: 8 Beat style
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
They aren't BAD styles, but does anyone think that these compare with some of the better closed arranger's ROM styles? Particularly the guitar parts?

The 8-Beat suffers from a PSR (pre Mega voice) quality to the guitars, and also a lack of cohesion between the snare drum sounds (stick sounds like a different drum to the main snare, which sounds different to the accent rimshots). Also the bass is a bit tubby... (and not happy with that weird 'worm' sound in the intro!)

The Entrance style was recorded panned predominantly to the right side, but be that as it may, once again, this didn't make me want to go out and ditch my G70! Plus, I'm sorry, but demoing a style with just ONE chord doesn't expose whether it responds well to changes, whether the bass line transitions well between chord types, whether the guitar's NTT's and wraparound points stay realistic, and many other things that never get exposed until you try to play YOUR changes on them.

I am sorry, but if these were put up in an effort to show how easy it is to make great styles on the MS, I am not sure it really demonstrates this... Plus, you don't give any details of how long they took to create and perfect, or what your playing skill level is, whether you have created styles commercially for other arrangers, etc., etc..

There are great style creating and editing tools on MOST arrangers, closed or open... but very little in the way of users succeeding at creating good styles (with 'good' being used as in 'comparable to the ROM styles' quality'). I tend to take this as proof that it is MUCH harder than it is made out to be by those that have no CHOICE, either by playing a style of music not included in the ROM selection, or by using an arranger that comes 'bare bones' with few good styles to start with.

These are nice enough styles, AFG. But they hardly qualify as proof of the MS's 'superiority'. In fact, they do more to expose it's weaknesses, necessitating it's users to attempt the job that all other manufacturers hire VERY talented style creators to do for them... A job that very few of us are skilled enough to do as well as the ROM style designers.

#265769 - 06/08/09 01:50 PM Re: 8 Beat style
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Diki, with all due respect..I think you really are being a typical "tyre-kicker" with all your comments about the MS.

I really do not think you are ever going to buy one no matter what ANYONE says or does.

If a user posted exactly what you wanted to hear, or if Dom created a keyboard to settle your complaints, you would ALWAYS then find some other thing to criticise and complain about.

I think you should really give it a rest, move on to other things and let others just enjoy what we are doing.

Dennis

#265770 - 06/08/09 03:07 PM Re: 8 Beat style
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I really do not think you are ever going to buy one no matter what ANYONE says or does.

If a user posted exactly what you wanted to hear, or if Dom created a keyboard to settle your complaints, you would ALWAYS then find some other thing to criticise and complain about.

Trouble is, Dennis, no-one has. Rather than deciding, in advance what I am, and I am NOT going to do, why not actually get the MS owners to do the simple task I ask for? And THEN find out what I do next.

Every other make of arranger is well represented by user demos (I prefer to just call it music ), but the MS is well represented by user EXCUSES. One of which now is, apparently, 'why even BOTHER to provide evidence for my claims...? It won't change your mind', which is a self fulfilling excuse, because my mind will definitely NOT change until it happens!

The whole idée fixe of the MS users has been how, 'potentially' it is a FAR better arranger that a closed one. I am still waiting to hear ONE person prove that, let alone a whole group of you (all the other makers don't rely on just ONE post as 'proof' of how good their product is). But that is like saying, if you have a few tools, 'potentially' you could build a great house. My contention, so far borne out by pretty much everything I've heard here, is that that potential is abysmally low.

As soon as I DO hear MS users getting a better sound out of their arranger than T3, PA2Xpro and all the rest do, trust me, you won't be hearing from me any more... Except, of course, to post my OWN MS music

Until then, quit making excuses, and start making music. That IS what you bought an MS for, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 06-08-2009).]

#265771 - 06/08/09 04:13 PM Re: 8 Beat style
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
before this post goes south.....here is an opportunity, if Magic alfa is willing, to finally see what the MS can do. We have a converted yamaha style that sounds ok. But the MS has the ability to play VST's, it has livestyler and qranger so hopefully we can see how much improved the style can become now we have the bench mark converted yamaha style.

Please gentlemen, before we have a go at each other , lets give Magic alfa the benefit of the doubt and see what can be done to this benchmark style to demonstrate why the MS could really be a great Arranger , workstation tool.

Pretty please ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online