SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#265447 - 05/30/09 12:59 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Bachus Offline

@Diki

Any modern day keyboard is notheing more then a CPU running dedicated software...

Sadly most keyboard CPU's are lagging miles behind the current consumer hardware...

Problem curerntly is windows OS, its not created for doing things real time without LAG... But VXworks or certain Linux variants can work pretty near real time...

Media station for example is using a Linux kernel with real time processing capabillities...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#265448 - 05/30/09 05:58 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Diki.

I'm not really talking about a PC as such, I'm referring to devices like the V-Machine that came out at Christmas, and the likes of the V-Rack which is on the way.

Have you seen those ?. Have a V-Machine myself here and it's fantastic. The ultimate little sound module.

The V-machine itself is as stable as dedicated hardware and even though it's tiny and only has a 1GHz processor, it can still stream 64 notes of poly right now regardless of the size of the sounds you load. A soon to be released CPU upgrade with likely double that.

That's also ignoring the fact that when the V-Rack is released it will likely be able to produce over 1000 notes of poly.

If you take one good VSTi that is optimised and can play countless sample formats (Sample Lord) and stick that into a Keyboard Assembly with arranger software. Your not too far off the perfect keyboard there.

The mediastation is close as I said, but I don't believe Lionstracks have the ability to pull it all together because they lack direction and musicians.

#265449 - 05/30/09 06:10 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Irishacts Offline

PS:... Here's a little video I uploaded to show friends on another forum just how easy it was to navigate the V-Machine.

So don't expect good sound as I used the camera's built in mic.
http://www.irishacts.com/misc/v-machine.mpg

#265450 - 05/30/09 06:56 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Dnj Offline

James great demo of the v machine....looks like a really versatile little unit.

Thank you I really enjoyed watching it!

Well Done!!

#265451 - 05/30/09 07:08 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
PS:... Here's a little video I uploaded to show friends on another forum just how easy it was to navigate the V-Machine.

I personally think that the muse receptor allready one step further in development is...

(Receptor is also based on a Linux OS)

But this actually is the future.. we need to wayt for the first keyboard that can controll these vst's ...Vst's running on sepperate hardware, but the keyboard controlling them graphically...

#265452 - 05/30/09 07:34 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Irishacts Offline

Hi Bachus.

I think the muse receptor would be naturally ahead in development simply because it's been running a few years now, where the likes of the V-Machine are only freshly out the door so to speak.

Fun times ahead though for sure because one thing that stings with the muse receptor is the price. The V-Rack will be in around 1200 USD when released which is a lot less than a receptor.

As for my little V-Machine, that puppy cost me a mere 333 Euro. How cool is that.

#265453 - 05/30/09 08:40 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Hi Bachus.

I think the muse receptor would be naturally ahead in development simply because it's been running a few years now, where the likes of the V-Machine are only freshly out the door so to speak.

Fun times ahead though for sure because one thing that stings with the muse receptor is the price. The V-Rack will be in around 1200 USD when released which is a lot less than a receptor.

As for my little V-Machine, that puppy cost me a mere 333 Euro. How cool is that.

Thats a very cool price for a ery cool device..

Personally i think that VST's running on their dedicated hardware are the near future...

But in 2 years this stuff should be imbedded in the next generation of keyboards..

#265454 - 05/30/09 08:48 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
@Nedim

lets see, i can build a pC with those specs for less then €500...

Add software..
Windows €50
Livestyler €50
Free very good sounding 3GB soundfont..

Add 12" touch screen €200

Thats €800, i have to admit, i work in the software branch and i am have over a year of experience with live styler, which is actually a very good product.

Now back to the PCI audio device... which PCI audio device is build intoo these systems, as this is the part that is responsible for the sound...

If its a high end device... then the system might be word its run for the money... But since the device is named nowhere in the factsheets and specifications i asume that its just an entry level device..

You can easilly prove me wrong by telling us what the actuall PCI audio device is thats build intoo these systems?

The Audio device used is a E-MU 1212M or 1616M, depending on the configuration that you choose.

#265455 - 05/30/09 10:16 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:

James on my Mediastation, I can run 8 Asio host with 8 different VST's..They can be set up in a combination of 8 different VST's in a single 8 part patch with different velocity and key range...I don't believe any other device can do this...I believe this is an advantage of running Linux...over Windows..

My question..watching your video, it does seem like V-Machine can only run a single host/vst at any time...Would this be true statement?

#265456 - 05/30/09 11:00 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
The Audio device used is a E-MU 1212M or 1616M, depending on the configuration that you choose.

These are both good devices... with the 1616M being definately Semi pro(which is atleast on par with all current keyboards outputs/conenctions).... and at a very good price, i can buy the 1616M for less then €300

Bringing my ownbuild system to a little over €1100

All in all the soundquallity of the system should be really decent, but nothing a homebuild system can't deliver.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online