SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#265437 - 05/29/09 01:42 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Sorry to say it guys, i expected this, i just posted for no reason, just to share, most of
you have no clue what a machine is or a synth, i dont think this is a level for my response,
i wont fall this low, oruy comments and responses make you amateurs, look at Bachus
comment for example, where did he get that? I pitty the guy of how clueless he is.
I dont think he even knows what DAW meand and has ever seen one. And also
Bachus, you have never seen none of these models and still comparing? Sorry.
Hitman, what you have with Zlatko thats your personal thing, maybe i dont like the guy
either but facts are facts. And also as Hitman said, Balkan people are the worst ( i am one
of them) i do bussines with them, its the worst experience you can have, we were all from
third world countries once that never saw a TV, then got into foreign countries and took
computers on credit and now all became engineers without knowing to sign their name.
Abacus, no, these models have NEVER been on SZ nor you ever heard of.
But on top of all some SZ members beat that too, i really pitty them.
Oh...i know: Nedim when you post something be ready to accept the comments.
Yes i know, the STUPID comments from cluelless people...i pitty again.
Is there any comment here worth accepting or attention??? Ya'll funny!
Dikki, where are ya?

#265438 - 05/29/09 01:44 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
it does not make any sense comparing this system to any hardware arranger currently on the market.

Including AUDYA and MS and maybe even WERSI for the 20 000$.
Lately i usually tend to ignore stuff like this but this is way too
stupid and hillarious to ignore, i am amazed by how they say
something even though its stupid only cuz they have or dont
know nothing else to say.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-29-2009).]

#265439 - 05/29/09 02:10 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Nedim,

I agree with some of your commments, but dissagree with your "choice of words". Maybe you could consider a slightly mellow approach when discussing things with the Baby-Boomers. Keep in mind that a lot of these great guys here have resentment towards change and new things, unless they see and try it themselves.

If I hadn't followed YUmidi for the past 6 or so years, I would be sceptical as well.

So how about we try a nicer approach?

#265440 - 05/29/09 02:17 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Nedim Offline

This is a nice approach:
You told me that there is a nice Boeing 747 (which i dont even know what it is)
then i told you that IT SUX and you better buy a Mercedes Benz.

Hope i make sense!

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-29-2009).]

#265441 - 05/29/09 02:41 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nedim... Maybe you could explain why, if this thing is so good (and has been out for a while), that you don't have one?

And that you bought a FAR inferior Audya (not to mention any other arranger)?

Perhaps you MIGHT remember your initial rabid dog defense of the Audya (before you finally got one and found out we weren't idiots after all) and pull up a bit short of repeating the same mistakes...?

BUY ONE, and THEN tell us how good it is, OK?

#265442 - 05/29/09 03:43 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Nedim Offline

I wont buy one nor i will buy Audya, i dont use arrangers to play live, all i do is program.
When i play live i use synths like Motitf, M3 and Fantom, currently i have over 15 boards
and dont need no more. As i can see in my comments, i dont deffend it nor bash at it,
i dont praise it neither, i just laugh at comments with no SENSE, it had nothing to do with
this machine being good or bad. If i tell you something is good or bad i need to tell you why,
which you sometimes do and give an argument to it, not just come up plain in here NO GOOD
and thats it, read some of their posts you'll know. At first i took this forum seriously but later on
i found out it was a JOKE so now i am calm, i go with the flow, i wasnt praising it at all.

#265443 - 05/29/09 03:50 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Diki Offline

Maybe it's a translation thing, Nedim (I know I wouldn't always be sure of my tone if I had to post in Turkish!) but let me assure you that, when read the way it is posted (rather than what you might INTEND), your posts come off as very aggressively pro or con what you post about.

And unfortunately, have made you come off as something perhaps you did not intend...

A joke.

#265444 - 05/29/09 04:30 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks Nedim.

I think we are not far off the day now when all sounds will be streamed for everything in order to give us that massive sound you only get when using huge sample libraries.

The future is for sure PC based, it will be interesting though to see who nails down the perfect concept first that is an instrument at heart and a PC transparently in the background.

The Mediastation is close, but I don't think Lionstracks have the musical ability to make it happen.

They make good software, but as musician's can't play a single note worth a listen.

#265445 - 05/29/09 06:59 PM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Diki Offline

But we aren't there yet, James, despite what anyone says.

Software flexibility with hardware reliability is still quite a ways off. The dynamic nature of CPU demand, given that the manufacturer has no idea what the user will put into it, nor how hard he will push it, and VSTi designers ability to redline ANY CPU given the opportunity (few of them design VSTi's that are deliberately designed to play well with others - they all want to get the most amazing sound, and the hell with CPU demand!). Put a bunch of five to ten year old VSTi's in a modern machine, you've got tons of headroom. But put today's (let alone tomorrow's) latest VSTi's in the same machine, different story.

A hardware design, closed design machine can have some VERY sophisticated voice stealing algorithms, to make exceeding the max polyphony hard to detect. But hit the ceiling on a VSTi machine, that's a different issue. Multiple VSTi's, with multiple sound generation capabilities, no way of reporting envelope status or voice priority, all fighting for the processor's attention.

It's a recipe for disaster.

Sure, at some time in the future, things might get better. But we need some kind of VSTi standard for reporting voice usage, CPU demand, envelope status and sound priority which doesn't even exist yet. Standards take a long time to develop. And VSTi designers today are designing virtual instruments that will test even the next generation of CPU's and buss technology. It's not good enough to say that at some point, it won't MATTER because CPU and buss will be so fast. Whatever is available WILL be designed to be used for ever more sophisticated VSTi's....

Because that poor CPU isn't JUST rendering those VSTi's. It running housekeeping on a sophisticated arranger and realtime loop player as well. In the studio, live on stage in a live band scenario, you are seldom CREATING music on more than a few tracks. Once the track is created. lookahead function ease some of the burden of VSTi demand, and you can always render tracks in the studio or beforehand for live.

But an arranger is 'anything all the time' scenario, with multiple different VSTi's having to run multiple inputs (style and keyboard) on multiple channels, and do it all instantaneously (no latency is good latency!) to a varying input.

I too, look forward to the day it can be done. But I'm not holding my breath just yet...

#265446 - 05/30/09 12:53 AM Re: Arrangers you guys dont know about
Bachus Offline

@Nedim

lets see, i can build a pC with those specs for less then €500...

Add software..
Windows €50
Livestyler €50
Free very good sounding 3GB soundfont..

Add 12" touch screen €200

Thats €800, i have to admit, i work in the software branch and i am have over a year of experience with live styler, which is actually a very good product.

Now back to the PCI audio device... which PCI audio device is build intoo these systems, as this is the part that is responsible for the sound...

If its a high end device... then the system might be word its run for the money... But since the device is named nowhere in the factsheets and specifications i asume that its just an entry level device..

You can easilly prove me wrong by telling us what the actuall PCI audio device is thats build intoo these systems?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online