SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#265393 - 05/28/09 04:23 PM Re: and now...more AUDYA styles & rhythms prepared by FCMUSICA for Portuguese Music
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
and thank you FCMUSICA for the GREAT sound quality on the demos

this is the way ALL demos should be

wow, thanks for the backhand

#265394 - 05/28/09 04:42 PM Re: and now...more AUDYA styles & rhythms prepared by FCMUSICA for Portuguese Music
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
There are some nice styles there....but number 17...is that out of tune on purpose...Is there a special tuning to this type of music?

After listening to again it seems that there is one note out of tune.

But here is just a brief description of some Portuguese culture. This style is called “fado”. It is traditional folk music that dates back well over 100 years. The fado music is the heart of Portugal. It is played with the Portuguese guitar and other acoustic guitars. But it is the Portuguese guitar that gives it the mandolin type of sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMKQFXn9WiM

#265395 - 05/28/09 08:15 PM Re: and now...more AUDYA styles & rhythms prepared by FCMUSICA for Portuguese Music
leezone Offline

Frank,

i was not referring to yours,
yours are very good and much appreciated

#265396 - 05/28/09 11:37 PM Re: and now...more AUDYA styles & rhythms prepared by FCMUSICA for Portuguese Music
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Oh and none of those 60 styles or the 300 they have available are Polkas. This is Portugal not Poland....

Exactly my point... for those of us in the West, little of these styles are of much use, either. Probably about as much use to me as polkas are to you. So I'm not going to subject myself to listening to them ALL, in the hope that one might be a bit better than the rest. The first few were pretty lackluster, even by G70 standards.

Just curious, but why is it that only SOME of them rise to even your expectations? Let's face it, you only got enthusiastic about a few... Maybe the drums got better later on, maybe they didn't. Only a few got your nod of approval for the guitars, got anything that makes better use of the drums?

All I'm trying to say is, style nonetheless, without the Live Drums, these sounded no better than I have heard in many other FAR less expensive arrangers. That is, IF YOU DISREGARD THE STYLE, and merely concentrate on the SOUND and programming....

Does anyone NOT from Portugal feel that these styles represent any giant step forward?

#265397 - 05/29/09 02:09 AM Re: and now...more AUDYA styles & rhythms prepared by FCMUSICA for Portuguese Music
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I think it's great that a Genre of music is being represented and styles that areauhentic sounding are being made.

But like Diki said, unless these were done for all types of music by people who know that music, it will only help a handful of us.

It's also great that there are new styles that are being released for a relatively "new" keyboard.

hopefully we will see more styles that include the live audio from others once the style creation tool is made/released,....hopefully

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online