SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#264936 - 05/29/09 12:22 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just for fun, here is the same file as played by the instrument I am currently using;

Click Here

NOTE: This is direct from the file with no editing.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 05-29-2009).]

#264937 - 05/29/09 01:05 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
...And finally, Dave, I spent over an hour last night learning and tweaking the effects section on my own keyboard to get just the right synth sound for Styx's Fooling Yourself. Plus, I practiced the beginning solo enough to where I think I can play it live.

We're okay then......

-mike

[/B]

Hi Mike, your'e always OK with me.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#264938 - 05/29/09 01:13 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Just for fun, here is the same file as played by the instrument I am currently using;

NOTE: This is direct from the file with no editing.

Sounds like a Casio PX piano or WK arranger...definitely has Casio characteristics...and you have the güiro!

Sounds pretty darn good, but I'd still rate it under the rest.

#264939 - 05/29/09 01:31 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Let's keep it civil shall we? Class = Elegance of style, taste, and manner.

Something sorely missing from our society as a whole sad to say. And something I need to be more aware of and attune to in my life as well. Especially when it comes to talking about the Ketron Audya eh?

The Midifile-Optimizer 6 per professional and lets you customize your Midifiles quickly to your needs.
The program is easy and without any particularly special PC knowledge to operate.

New additions in version 6 is support for the sounds and drumkits Tyros3, plus access to the DSP effects and Tyros3 the Tyros2.

Sensational is the "Intelligent Transpose" the Midifiles.
No grumpy or more instruments after changing the key.
Transpose -9 or +7 or 5 or +6 is no problem, because the tools automatically to the pitch alignment.
The Midifile sounds in every key equally good.
The easiest way to tone, volume, Hall *, tempo, chorus * * 71st controller 74, etc. .. changed.
To sound choice, you will have access to the complete sound equipment available to the following:

Soundset GM, GM2 Soundset,
GEM Genesys pro, GEM Genesys pro S / XP GEM GM-X, HDS Pro.Sound.1,
Kreton Audya, Midjay, Kreton Midjay Plus, Ketron SD1, SD1 Plus, SD 2, SD 3, SD 4, SD 5, X1, XD3, XD9,
Korg i30, Pa1X, Pa1Xpro, Pa1Xpro XMS-1 with V3, Pa2X, Pa2Xpro, Pa60/80, Musikant Pa500, Pa800,
LIMEX ALPIN MASTER 16, ALPIN MASTER 32, Exclusiv tradition,
Miditemp DOX-1,
Roland Discover 5, FANTOM XR, G-70 with SR-G01,
Roland SC-88, SC-88Pro, SC-880, SC-8820 SC-8850, SC-D70,
Roland SonicCell,
Soli ALPHA GM, tradition XL,
Solton SG-X, Technics KN6000
Yamaha Motif-Rack ES, Motif-Rack XS, MU90 (or compatible),
YAMAHA PSR 3000, PSR 8000, PSR 9000, 9000Pro, PSR S900,
YAMAHA Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3,
YAMAHA S90, S90ES, XG-Soundset.

Integrated is also a drum editor.
With this, it is possible some percussion instruments such as snare, hihat, bass drum, shaker, etc., in the volume, reverb and pitch * * to edit.
For the practice of the files or even for karaoke use, there is a lyrics display, which the synchronous display of the text while playing the Midifiles possible.
With the Copy function are now all the doors open Midifile optimization.
By simply clicking the song to verse or chorus extend.
If a song too long, then cut just superfluous passages out.
Even the copying of individual tracks is now possible to Midifile yet to be fully sound.

All useful features of the Optimizer enumerate here is beyond the scope of this preview blow. More information is available at www.optimizer-pro.de

* The extent of each sound module / keyboard support

Nobody needs the cat in a bag to buy, because the program can be downloaded and any length, without any restriction to be tested. In the demo version can only store 3 times. If you then decide to buy, you need only 150, - € to pay.

Minimum Requirements for your PC: 1 GHz processor, 256 MB memory, VGA 1024x768, 16 bit color, Windows XP (SP2) or Vista.

Recommended configuration: 2 GHz processor, up from 512 MB memory, VGA 1280x1024, 24 bit color, Windows XP (SP2) or Vista.

It is not the Midifile Optimizer 6 Pro on Windows 9x, ME, 2000. Support is only available for Windows XP SP2 or Vista done.

To view the performance of your computer to increase it is best to turn the effects off in the "Display Properties", under "Presentation" can be found.

An updated manual, see www.optimizer-pro.de.

For questions about the forum please use the Optimizer.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-29-2009).]

#264940 - 05/29/09 02:03 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Sounds like a Casio PX piano or WK arranger...definitely has Casio characteristics...and you have the güiro!

Sounds pretty darn good, but I'd still rate it under the rest.

Hello Ian,

I agree with you that it is not quite up to par with the other three from the original post. Like I said though, I did no editing to this file at all. I know that if I spent some time selecting other sounds, re-mixing, etc. it could sound much better.

Here is another recording of the same track using another instrument I had laying around. Please let me know what you think.

Click Here

Oh and yes, that first one was a WK8. I was hoping to buy something new (was considering the PA2X Pro) but seeing as I haven't had a real job in over a year and a half and since I do have the WK8 which is sufficing, there was no way of justifying a purchase.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#264941 - 05/29/09 02:25 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hello Ian,

I agree with you that it is not quite up to par with the other three from the original post. Like I said though, I did no editing to this file at all. I know that if I spent some time selecting other sounds, re-mixing, etc. it could sound much better.

Here is another recording of the same track using another instrument I had laying around. Please let me know what you think.

Click Here

Oh and yes, that first one was a WK8. I was hoping to buy something new (was considering the PA2X Pro) but seeing as I haven't had a real job in over a year and a half and since I do have the WK8 which is sufficing, there was no way of justifying a purchase.

This one is something I'm a bit stumped on...I don't think it's one of the big three (Yamaha, Roland, Korg)and it's much stronger sounding than a Casio...the Brass is broader, if that makes any sense.

It's not an instrument I've heard often, if at all, ...hence it not being one of the "Big 3"...it does sound "expensive", again, if that makes any sense?

And it's not new.

I'm going to say a GEM or something in that area...maybe even another Ketron...both are companies with which I'm not familiar.

It does sound pretty good...and again, it has the güiro!

I was going to mention in my other post, that Casio have come a long way, and have nothing to be ashamed of, for sure.

I had quite a few CK's here, for comparison purposes, and they were a great bang for the buck....and back in my band days I used a CZ-1 synthesizer(midi'd to my DX-5)...awesome sound and totally pro....their sampler (FZ-1) was pretty cool too.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 05-29-2009).]

#264942 - 05/29/09 03:01 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
This one is something I'm a bit stumped on...I don't think it's one of the big three (Yamaha, Roland, Korg)and it's much stronger sounding than a Casio...the Brass is broader, if that makes any sense.

You are correct that it isn't a Y, R of K, nor is it a C or that other K. And there is a strong chance that you and the other members have not heard this particular instrument. Before I say though, I would like to get some other opinions.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#264943 - 05/29/09 03:09 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
Frank sent me the actual midi file he used for the shoot-out. Yep, there's guiro events in it. One long, two short.

Diki...you owe Yamaha an apology.

For what it's worth, here is that midi file played through the Edirol SD-90, didn't touch a thing, recorded with Sound Forge 7, converted to 256K mp3.
http://134.84.113.36/music/sway.mp3

And finally, Dave, I spent over an hour last night learning and tweaking the effects section on my own keyboard to get just the right synth sound for Styx's Fooling Yourself. Plus, I practiced the beginning solo enough to where I think I can play it live.

We're okay then......

-mike

Mea culpa completely then... But I'm sure Yamaha will pay as much attention to an apology as anything anyone suggests, too

Though why we can't hear the upstrokes is beyond me. Fran's posting was an edit, so I guess they got moved around some... My guess is that some PC#'s for some of the legacy kits don't translate too well...

BTW, that Midifile Optimizer is basically the same as Roland's Makeup Tools (I see little in it that Makeup Tools can't already do, including graphic slider representations of Vol/Pan/Cho/Rvb - except of course, you have REAL sliders to work it!). Only, of course, you don't have to pay an extra $212 for the privilege, and have to run a computer on everything first (and have a PC if you don't have an Intel Mac and Windows installed)...

Here's a pretty expensive program to do what Roland include on EVERY E and G series arranger from the cheapest to the most expensive FOR FREE...

Fran sent me the file yesterday (or at least his edit of it). I'll have a quick go at it, see why no guiro... Maybe Frank could send me the original?

Sorry about 'ass'uming about the guiros. See, I'm not immune to it myself . But, in all fairness, the 'claps' problem is so well documented in Yamaha's that I extrapolated

#264944 - 05/29/09 03:13 PM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
ianmcnll Offline

So it must be a GEM product...maybe a module, or a synthesizer?

I've listened again, and I don't recognize any familiar characteristics of the sound...that's why I thought it might be a GEM....or even a Mediastation(wild guess)

#264945 - 05/30/09 08:20 AM Re: New midi comparison with Audya/Tyros3/Pa2xpro
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry about 'ass'uming about the guiros. See, I'm not immune to it myself . But, in all fairness, the 'claps' problem is so well documented in Yamaha's that I extrapolated

No worries......

I'm still curious on why we don't hear this on the Ketron. Was an audio-loop drum kit used or a midi drum kit?

I sure hope I get a chance to see/play an Audya some day. I think it would be interesting to select an audio-loop drum kit (by itself) and play ALL the notes, one at a time.

What did they use to record the laser zap sound?

-mike

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online