SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#264339 - 05/25/09 11:10 AM AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
leezone Offline

and here is what's new:

AUDYA Release 2.A
System:

1. Added a new and revised Default screen / Main View. This screen can be activated by pressing Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility -> NextPage -> Main View (ON). This new screen allows you to instantly access styles (F1), Registrations (F2), Player controls [Wave, MP3, Midi] with F4 {while USER 1/6 – 4/9 can now be used to control the Player}, Main voice (F6), 2nd Voice (F7) and Left voice (F8)

2. Added new functions Dry On Stop, Program, Pause/Restart/Count In, Aftertouch, Portamento, Voicetron On/Off. These feature are locate on Keyboard Control -> Utility -> Footswitch and on User Assignable tabs

3. Create and Erase features are now available with USB Folders

4. Transposer On/Off function with Mp3/Line In is now available in Menu > Keyboard Control > Utility > Pag. 3). Default value is set to “On”.

5. Added automatic Saving of My Folder.

6. Removed Show Hide Folder feature (except System folder) from HD

7. HD Format feature restored.

8. All notes off while INS/Super Solo sounds are being loaded (the Sound loading time has now been cut down dramatically since all processing is devoted to loading the selected sound file(s) )

9. Fixed Chords Transposition bug on Keyb Only Transp.

10. Added Scroll function on INS page menu ( available in up/down way ).

11. Manual Bass now assignable to Outs 3&4.

12. Distortion volume available on Right Parts and Midi files.

13. Volume ‘jerk’ fixed when Dist+Cho used on Program/Preset.

14. Fixed search and view on Directory when long name are used.

15. Fixed unwanted reset Metronome when used with Wav..

16. Added transposer feature on Midi left section.

17. New improvement on Accordion Mode menu.

Style:

1. Add new menu on Style Mode : (under Drum menu) Autocrash on Intro and Fill , (under Chord menu) Inversion point on Chords now selectable when Parallel mode is used (Inversion), (under Bass menu ) Pedalboard, Pedal to chord, Pedal dynamic.

2. Removed latency which was initially noticed when a Style was started with the START button.

Improved Factory Style loading – much faster.
New twice functioning on Fill In (different feature if recalled from tab or on display menu)
5. Added a new control (Global / Single) when using the Drum Mixer related to the Style percussive section .

6. Fixed random freezing of a Style when either the Fill, Break or Ending buttons were pushed; plus Key Start , Key Stop and Voice List linked to Style.

7. Fixed the wrong volume of Groove being used when Fill and Break are recalled while playing.

8. Fixed random out of sync issue between Audio Drums and Midi parts.

9. Fixed wrong style name bug randomly appears when style is selected.

10. Fixed Drum Set selection ( of Drum1 ) when style is recalled.

11. Fixed refresh bug related to Styles effects

12. Improved Key Start feature.

13. Improved Break feature response ( when pressed ) .

14. Fixed sync issues between Style and Midi.

Player:

1. New improvement on Midi Remix menu: Add Save function of Start Bar and Stop Bar; how to use this - First, activate a midi file then turn on the Drum Remix feature. Next, Select your own Style while Remix/playing . Save all arrangement status plus, Fill In , Break , ( << ) Style-Midi ( >> ).

2. Added new Wav Dj Mix function : Located in Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility on page#3. This function allows you to synchronize the starting of several Wave files.

3. Tempo feature now available with Midi files and Styles with separate controls.

4. New Key Tune To Chord function : Located on Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility ( page#3).This function allows one to play any Key Tune when a chord is recognized to the LEFT of the assigned split point.

5. Enabled function (limited to 200 midi files within selected folder) of Autoload when a midifile is linked to Wave and Txt files (Player Autoload is not affected by this feature)

6. Added a new Save feature with Midi file while playing. (File no longer needs to be Stopped as before in order to save a new modification made to the current midifile).

7. Added Equalizer on Mp3 Mixer ( Bass – Treble – Loudness Feature)

8. New improvement on Midi file mixer. All drum part are controlled by Midi mix Drum slider (instead of Orchestra slider – more consistent).

9. Fixed GM part screenshot bug when Crossfade feature is used with Midi files

10. Improved page-forward recording of Txt linked to Wave files. Added a new pop up message when Stop is pressed ( Please Save Sync Txt ) .

11. New function with Style ( << ) and Midi ( >> ) on Midi Remix feature.

12. Added Player & Style Mix features in Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility ( on Page#3).

Voicetron:

1. Voicetron volume is maintained when a new preset is recalled .
2. Microphone preset change is no longer affected by Midi file or Style Tempo feature.

Registration

1. New improvement on Block Registration, (now, a Single Registration can be saved onto a Block while user playing).

2. Removed Numeric Sort on Block Registration (while Edit function is running) .

3. Added Metronome saving feature with Registration.

HD Recording

1. Midi Sync Recording: Record function is automatically terminated when you stop playing the Midi file.

2. Eliminated ‘clipping noise’ which randomly occurred during Hard Disk Recording.

#264340 - 05/25/09 12:23 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's a pretty impressive list of bugs that no-one ever mentioned. Some real dealbreakers there. Perhaps this is why there aren't too many Audya's out there, yet?

Note also the difference between 'fixed' and 'improved'. You KNOW they didn't use different words to mean the same thing. They got lawyers, too...

My favorite feature...? 'Dry on Stop' What a great idea! The rest ought to copy this one.

Not so sure about the fact that now, while you load up custom voices, the unit goes dead. One of the things they were proudest about was the multi-tasking, load while playing, that sort of thing. Apparently, just as the CPU and data buss structure wouldn't allow for multiple audio streams to work in realtime (initially promised), now it appears it isn't beefy enough to do the multitasking either.

I hope that Ketron are looking seriously at beefing these components up, and releasing an Audya2 (not OS2 for Audya1 ) that can actually do what was initially announced. THAT would be a pretty damn good product. It sure got us all worked up when announced.

Time to deliver....

#264341 - 05/25/09 02:06 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You know they say you should NEVER buy an introductory (first year model) from a manufacturer because it is something entirely new from the ground up, as is the case with the Audya, just like they recommend that you should NEVER buy a new (first year model) automobile either. The reason being is because it is something that has "not been tested" in real world circumstances, and consequently, bugs and kinks may abound - and as evidenced with the Audya apparently.

I really 'feel' for the guys over there in Ancona, Italy by the way. Here is an upstanding?? (free from Mafia influence - hopefully that is.. ) a company just trying to make a buck in this volatile world economy and my hat goes off to them for going "out on a limb" with the production of this revolutionary Audya arranger. I wish I was fluent in Italiano or that they were fluent in English, because a bridge might then be built between us (the consumer), if we were able to communicate with them on a personal level and to help them by giving them our own ideas of how to make the Audya even better with their next model. >> If there even is a next model, although maybe not... I hope there is because it will be a testament by Ketron to the world that they don't give up when they hit these seemingly insurmountable walls of difficulty with this their current Flagship. Car companies don't give up on a first year model that tanks at the box office, so to speak. They build successive new models that keep improving (hopefully anyway) with each new model year and usually will make a 5 or so year run on each new model they put out. So hopefully we'll see an Audya II and an Audya III, IV, V, VI, etc. Although, eventually they will probably change the name to something else. Like Yamaha is going to do with the successor to the Tyros3 - hopefully. The name Tyros is getting "soooo passé" if you know what I mean.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-25-2009).]

#264342 - 05/25/09 02:24 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
BTW, I took an enormous risk when I bought my Yamaha Tyros (it being a first year model) but I held back until Yamaha had updated the OS, and by doing so, fixed a multitude of bugs etc., and only when the general consensus of those who already had purchased the Tyros was favorable and it passed muster in a real world scenario, did I then go ahead and purchase one.

Not ALL introductory models have insurmountable problems (like the Audya seems to have ) but you need to see (by the reviews and/or how new Owners are reacting to it) if it will indeed be worth the money or not. In my case I think the Tyros was worth it. The Audya though??? Hmmm.. not too sure. >> Reduce it by a Grand in price and get the kinks and bugs worked out and then we'll talk. OTOH, there are so many limitations (RAM capacity, etc.) that I will probably just wait for the new model to come out in the year 2020.

All the best,
Mike

#264343 - 05/25/09 02:26 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Rule Offline

Congratulation on a new update but I am asking again and again, when will be possible to create a NEW PATTERN or if you want a NEW STYLE for Audya .?

#264344 - 05/25/09 03:16 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
did I miss it, or are there still no style editing functions ??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#264345 - 05/25/09 06:57 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
No, on AUDYA you still cant create your own styles.

#264346 - 05/25/09 07:16 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Geez..., a $5,000 preset box! An incomplete manual is one thing.., but a pro arranger that does not have the ability to create user styles selling for $5,000 is nuts.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#264347 - 05/25/09 07:30 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Geez..., a $5,000 preset box! An incomplete manual is one thing.., but a pro arranger that does not have the ability to create user styles selling for $5,000 is nuts.

I wonder what Ketron's reasoning for this omission?

#264348 - 05/25/09 07:48 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

It's nice to see they're fixing bugs and adding little tid bits here and there.., but someone needs to get on the horn at Ketron and let users know if the ability to create user styles will be a part of a future upgrade. Does the Auyda sequence (does it have a standard 16 trk sequencer)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#264349 - 05/25/09 11:38 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Quote:
[B]Geez..., a $5,000 preset box! An incomplete manual is one thing.., but a pro arranger that does not have the ability to create user styles selling for $5,000 is nuts.

For how many presets?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[B] I wonder what Ketron's reasoning for this omission?

I spend quite a lot of time wondering that too.

Quote:
[B]the ability to create user styles will be a part of a future upgrade.

Oh and yes, Sampler...

#264350 - 05/26/09 03:03 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Rule Offline

I own Audia a few months and info for the others there is no sequencer to create or edit Midifiles

#264351 - 05/26/09 04:48 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

The spec list for the Audya at Ketron US says it does "real-time recording" to HD or FD. That has me scratching my head..., am I seeing it right..., is Ketron still using the EXTREMELY dated floppy for the seq (like Yammie did with the older PSR line up.., and some of Ketrons older models?)

If you use either the HD or FD..., how many tracks do you get? Ketron has used the term WORKSTATION on the US site. I know we beat that back and forth.., but isn't the term "workstation" on the Audya in its CURRENT state a bit of a stretch..?????

At the moment.., it's a $5,000 preset box. The specs on the US site have SAMPLER listed as well (I know that's all subject to change too).

Ketron needs to be upfront with this info PERIOD. Current owners and potential buyers should know IF these features will be available.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-26-2009).]

#264352 - 05/26/09 05:08 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
is Ketron still using the EXTREMELY dated floppy for the seq (like Yammie did with the older PSR line up.., and some of Ketrons older models?)

It can't be that bad...Roland still uses an FD on their current flagship the E-80 and MOTL E-60 (the discontinued G70 uses one as well).

Yamaha stopped using FD a while back with the MOTL PSR-3000 (2004) and the Tyros2 (2005).

#264353 - 05/26/09 05:28 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

FD are a pain the the butt for seq recording IMO ian. Even if the G-70/E-80 has a floppy it's not used as the primary for the sequencer. Even Yamaha moved aways from the floppy based sequencer years ago. Finding this on a so called FLAGSHIP in 2009 is sad.

For Pete's sake it's 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#264354 - 05/26/09 05:31 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, I know, Squeak...all the more shocking to find one on the Audya.

#264355 - 05/26/09 05:33 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

If this was on a lower end unit from any maker Ian it would barely be passable IMO. Geez.., Casio's are using little SD cards..., have software editors, record styles, and do basic sampling now.

It's just unacceptable IMO to find this medium being used for the sequencer on a $5,000 flagship arranger.

#264356 - 05/26/09 05:37 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

So far there's been more than a few "unacceptable" things about the Audya...no style maker, for one.

#264357 - 05/26/09 05:45 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Dnj Offline

Arent we glad we have a choice

#264358 - 05/26/09 06:24 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
There is NO Floppy on the Audya!

#264359 - 05/26/09 06:47 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Morten Jonassen:
There is NO Floppy on the Audya!

And NO style maker, either.

#264360 - 05/26/09 06:53 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

Ok.., well the specs (on their site) say HD and FD (they should update that). Still doesn't answer the question as to how many tracks can you record and what pre and post song editing options are there? Can you record up to 16 trks.., does the seq allow all standard mixer settings (panning, volume, any EQ'ing) and can those edits then be saved?

So much has been put on the AUDIO on this very expensive TOTL arranger.., yet NOTHING is being said, released, or even showcased about its abilities (or inability) to function as an arranger-WORKSTATION. Right now out of the box it just appears to be a $5,000 PRESET based rompler.., am I missing something?

#264361 - 05/26/09 07:53 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rule:
I own Audia a few months and info for the others there is no sequencer to create or edit Midifiles

Quote from squeak
"Still doesn't answer the question as to how many tracks can you record and what pre and post song editing options are there?"

Squeak- According to Rule, maybe zilch??

John

#264362 - 05/26/09 08:28 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

It's a shame (actually completey unacceptable really) if the Audya lacks sequencing at this point. Based on the specs (which I know can change) is says it records to HD and FD.

Is Rule saying that it doesn't sequence at all? No style recording on a TOTL $5,000 arranger is one thing.., but to lack both style recording and a standard 16 trk seq (that even the low end models from many makers have) is just CRAZY!

I would hope they add the style sequencing because what Ketron has done is pretty much dogged the US market as (although they do sound good) has western styles based on the european interpretations of them. No style recording screws the US market for buyers who want to give those styles the "almost there.., but just needs this" finishing touch.

I don't think it's asking much for Ketron to let current owners and potential buyers know if this is going to be an added feature down the line. Where's AJ in all this anyways?

#264363 - 05/26/09 09:21 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Quote:
or even showcased about its abilities (or inability) to function as an arranger-WORKSTATION. Right now out of the box it just appears to be a $5,000 PRESET based rompler.., am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything and no, has nothing to do with Workstation,
it doesnt even have basic Arranger functions, forget WS.

Quote:
It's a shame (actually completey unacceptable really) if the Audya lacks sequencing at this point.

Yes it does lack sequencing and never will have a sequencer, all you get is
Song Record as on older Ketron arrangers, as for tracks, its just the 8 or so
tracks that the arranger uses, nothing else, they cant be manipulated on the
synth itself, it acts as a tape recorder.

#264364 - 05/26/09 09:25 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Come on guys!!!

Why not wait till the real buyers...follow through...like Don Mason,...give them a chance to review the Audya...

None of you guys are a potential buyer for the Audya, so why complain....$5,000 takes it out of reach for most folks..

Also, Solton/Ketron is not exactly the new kid on the block...They have been around more than 30 years..Their product line has been more than competitive with the "Big 3"...

Maybe there is more confusion on our part....Let the potential owners explain the real story to us..

As for floppy drives..it is the one drive I miss most on new laptops and keyboards...Thankfully I have a USB/floppy drive..to use with the new MS and my 3 floppy-less PC's..

BTW: maybe FD is a flash drive..as in internal memory...

#264365 - 05/26/09 09:28 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

That's what I'm saying Fran.., there may be some confusion on our part.., but someone needs to at least be making this info available to the public for current owners or those who are considering dropping that kind of dough. Take away the style recording on your G-70, sequencer, KILLER make up tools.., and would you still be wanting to show her all that love

However.., on another note WTF! Nedim.., are you serious...???? Are you sure it'll never have a sequencer..., does that also mean style sequencing may not be an added feature?

WOW! A $5,000 out of the box rompler. Geez.., can we even call it a rompler too? Even low end budget romplers have full blown sequencers in them.

The Audya sounds really good IMO and I'm sure many other members here on the Zone share this opinion.., but I don't care how much money a person's got. $5,000 is a HUGE investment on a single keyboard..., but dropping that kind of money on an arranger that lacks style recording-inability to edit them, sampling, and a dedicated sequencer does not IMO justify a $5,000 price tag regardless of how good the thing sounds.

]

#264366 - 05/26/09 09:58 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Fran Carango Offline

Squeak, I peaked in the Audya user manual..It appears to have the same functions as previous models...Naturally a midi file can be recorded using arranger and real time parts (as in all models)...The Audya also has a midi modification section to change parameters..

Likewise , the Audya has a "user style" section..as other models, allowing modification of user styles...

As I said..let's wait till a real user confirms..and not speculate that we "know" the Audya..

BTW: No other brand has the capabilities of the G70 sequencer..and make up tools..I would surely miss them...

As for style makers..other than mixing modifications..I bet less than 5 percent of arranger users ever even desire to "roll their own"...

#264367 - 05/26/09 10:18 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

It's going to be a great loss to many users of the Audya if it doesn't have a style creator/editor.

Maybe some beginners don't use the "style from scratch" but most of my clients employ Yamaha's easy to use Style Assembly, and Style Revoice, so I dare say most Audya buyers would expect the same level of style editing...especially on a $5000 keyboard.

#264368 - 05/26/09 10:25 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Yes it does lack sequencing and never will have a sequencer,

Nedim, since you are more familiar with the Audya's progress (or lack of) than most of us, that sounds like an awful important feature to be left off; especially at Audya's price point.

Are you positive this is so?

#264369 - 05/26/09 10:32 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

That's what I'm saying Ian.., some pretty darn important features to be left off at this price point.

#264370 - 05/26/09 11:34 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Are you positive this is so?

I know that for a fact...but forget sequencing bro, lets say we dont want that...where is the
Arranger tools??? The Sampler??? Audya-Audio...doesnt that have to do anything with
Audio, wasnt that the biggest and most important claim? Why is it called a Workstation?

When someone claims this is a Woman i expect her to have 2 Tits on her,
not something bigger then mine.

Squeak, as i said in other posts, if i were to price the Audya at what it is now i dont
think i would price it more then the PA500 cuz it offers a lot less then PA500 and trust
me i know exactly what i mean, literary Audya offers less then S900 or PA500.
And time for me to put my words into action once more and get real:
Minus - Style Creator
Minus - Detailed Voice Editing
Minus - Full 16 Track Sequencer
Minus - Sampling (not found on PA500 or S900)
...wasn't i real enough? Lets go more:
You selling me a Car, claiming that its a CAR which is supposed to be driven and yet
that Car has no engine in it and no wheels? How stupid can i be to not understand that???
Now, that car fully equpied sells at 27000$ and you telling me BUY IT NOW AT THAT PRICE
and we'll add the engine and wheels later???
GOT NO WORDS NOW!!! Oh i exaggerate? HELL NO, NOONE CAN PROVE ME WRONG!

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 05-26-2009).]

#264371 - 05/26/09 11:37 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

...deleted...

#264372 - 05/26/09 11:38 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

...deleted...

#264373 - 05/26/09 01:56 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Fran Carango Offline

Nedim, what keyboards do you own presently?

From your analogy..maybe this is what you really need..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLhfhCZWfFE

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-26-2009).]

#264374 - 05/26/09 02:06 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Rule Offline

I have to say it again , and this is not speculating 'cause I own Audia from january and also I own Ketron SD1+. There is NO sequencer and NO edit New Pattern ( Style).You can only change volumes ,voices , panorama effect etc. and save it. You can record Midifile in real time and overdub but you can not fix errors , only record again . So,Ketron SD1 has edit New pattern and 16 line sequencer very good , but Audya does not have it.Why is that so I don't understand. Anyway ,very good sound with Live drum.

#264375 - 05/26/09 03:14 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
to the genesys Offline

You know what’s the real funny thing about this discussion?
Lots of people on this forum are complaining about the Audia not having a style creator and are calling for it to have one. But when there are discussions about the media station, the majority of persons on this forum state that they do not have the skills to use style creation features.

And then they ask if manufacturers take them seriously on this forum; and if they do not, why manufacturers do not take them seriously.
May be it is because they contradict themselves?

And yes I do think it was not a wise thing for the Audya to not have style creation features and a full functioning sequencer. Especially since they have prier keyboards that have those features.

What were they thinking!

#264376 - 05/26/09 03:18 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
This sounds like a really bad joke. I cant believe that Ketron have been developeing tjhis keyboard for the last 3 years and launched the rpoduct like this.

#264377 - 05/26/09 03:24 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

My analogy is this:
They anounced it to early, not even in the begining of the synth stage...
later on they found out the messed up by doing so and then they started
to speed up devellopment and in doing so they screwed up the machine,
now they are just trying to get on track and sell a unit thats not even half
done and that would make them speed up the devellopment of the other
feautures which were supposed to be there at first and what would that do
is they would screw it u0p even more by speeding. And now, in my coutry
there is an old say ,,A blind bitch (female dog) gives birth only to blind dogs''.
And actually thats what happened to Audya and now they are biting their tongues.

#264378 - 05/26/09 03:25 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
From your analogy..maybe this is what you really need..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLhfhCZWfFE

Well, you claiming these are women right? And yes, all of them have 2 tits...otherwise...

As for keyboards, as of now i have 14, i had 17, i use a lot of analog machines, like 20-30
years old, KORG MS20, ARP 2600, SH101, TB303 and few others, i just sold my Virus Indigo
and i bought a Quasimidi Sirius and i might probably get an Elka Synthex soon.
My biggest wish is, which i will do it one day to sell few of my synths and get a YAMAHA CS80
and put an end to everything.

#264379 - 05/26/09 03:26 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

Based on what Frank posted Ketron's supposed to be adding these features with OS 3.0 and they're supposed to be currently working on that OS.

It's not surprising to me that this is being done in an OS upgrade. These keyboard companies are pushing their gear out way ahead of time. I think we the consumers are finding ourselves doing more beta testing with each new keyboard released.

Same thing happened with the Alesis Fusion. Pushed out way too soon. That thing was released and someone or a whole group somehow overlooked that the seq had all those tracks.., but no LOOP recording and no pattern recording. They released it with a 30+ trk linear seq! The line failed though.

The G-70 had a rough start.., The PA-800's first OS was a bit rough.., it's seems to just be the norm now.

#264380 - 05/26/09 08:18 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Yes, thats true but i dont wanna be annoying...when you say you releasing an arranger
people expect the basics of and Arranger there as Pattern creation and few other things, right?
Which they are adding since OS 1.2 and its still not happening.

#264381 - 05/26/09 09:05 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
leezone Offline

i know alot of people are asking for style editing/creation, and micro editing within styles,

but i would LOVE to see how many people will actually use it WHEN it's available in a future OS ;-)

and i will be very interested in hearing all these NEW styles that all of you will create with it...

for the record, i would use it and create some Portuguese styles...

#264382 - 05/27/09 12:26 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Rule Offline

Of course that it's important to have possibility to create a new styles because Ketron can not give us all that we wont. So I created a lot of new styles in SD1 that Ketron doesn't have for music of area where I live . Now I have Audya and with Live drums it sounds perfect but I can not use all of my styles from SD1 because there is not correct Live drum for my kind of styles. And the point is if I am using Live drum on a live gig I must use it all of time because now it's big difference in sound with Live drum or with Midi drum. So we must have software to fix it all and to use Audia correct. Now I am still playing on SD1 and Audya is waiting at home.

#264383 - 05/27/09 06:27 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
leezone Offline

Rule,

that's sad you have a $5000 + keyboard, and you have to leave it at home because you can't create your styles,

and you have to use your old SD1

#264384 - 05/27/09 06:32 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Dnj Offline

Whats old about the SD1...it still sounds awesome in the right hands...

#264385 - 05/27/09 07:18 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Rule Offline

Well leezone it is really sad , but I am optimistic , I have to say as in an earlier topics that there are some bugs about synchronization between Live drums and Midi and that's the biggest reason for not using Audya on live gigs but I hope it fixed up with latest update ( we'll see for the weekend).
for Dnj : SD1 was out when? enough years ago. So it's time to go ahead and we hope it is Audya. The sound is really good with Live drums , much better then SD1 , there is also drum 2 where are grooves as it was in SD1 but now in Audya it's more complex unfortunately not so compatible with drum2 from SD1 which means we need software to fix styles(our own made) from SD1. Also what else is important I don't see possibility
to transfer custom loops (from PC) to Live drum ,for now it's only possible to use Audya's Live drums , this is very important and I think the point of Audya. Finally that means transfer from Midi sounds to Live sounds - that's step ahead for Ketron users.

#264386 - 05/28/09 12:09 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What is it? Is it Italy? What makes these people think they can release completely unready for gigging arrangers, and we should be happy about it? It's not just Ketron. Lionstracs too tried the same 'beta' upgrade path at first. And yes, I realize Korg and Roland make arrangers in Italy, but it is obvious they have Japanese quality control and oversight

What business model are these people looking at? No successful one that I can think of (except maybe Microsoft, and that's only because the have a monopoly ). Unless you are the ONLY game in town, how does it help to release a product with as fundamental bugs in it as these have? MIDI out of sync with audio... bet THAT'S fun at the gig!

#264387 - 05/28/09 03:23 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
PLEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!! can someone produce a new instrument for the musiclovers of the world to examine or discuss. I am sick to death of the same comments over and over and over again about Audya. When do some of you people get time to improve your skills, (read, PRACTICE ), or perform at your numerous gigs. All I ever hear is bitch, bitch, bitch. Get a life. So there!!!!!!!
I use S/Z to learn, but as yet, this site indicates that the constant subscribers have have nothing to teach me, ( musically that is)
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#264388 - 05/28/09 03:34 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Nigel,
If this is the standard we have sunk to, on a music forum. Goodbye.
PS what happenned to my previous post? It did not surface. But now, who cares.
Ray

#264389 - 05/28/09 04:04 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
Yes , i agree that is very disapointed that the O.S. 2.0 cames without the Style Creator.

Ketron told to Every Dealer in Frankfurt Musikmesse 2009 that Release 2.0 cames with it , there are a video where Alessio Aluno from Ketron explain what cames in 2.0.

I work here in Portugal with Ketron Labs from almos 22 years.

They make a big mistake when for the first time they show a Prototype in Frankfurt only to the dealers, 2 years ago.
German dealers film the demostration , someone take photos , and everyone know about this Keyboard and they stay in a inconfortable position.

Other Big Mistake , Ketron SD5 , cames out at the same time they show the AUDYA prototype.
Well......
You dont know , but SD5 , as SD1 , Xd9 are using same Motherboard , The motherboard from X1 series with small upgrades.

The SD5 must be a "Small" audya , maybe without the Audio Drums , but with the rest , and of course , the Pattern Edit and the MSP editor and some RAM , 64Mb will be good to a mid price Keyboard.

This will give Ketron Labs time to develop AUDYA.

But no , SD5 is almost the same of old Keyboards , better sounds , 64Mb Soundbank when SD1 as only 32Mb , but almost the same sounds and the same possibilities.

The Musicians want more , and Ketron Labs fell some pressure to put Audya in the Market in January.
But it was better they work 2 or 3 mounth more in the Keyboard , show again in Frankfurth and then deliver the Keyboard to the Dealers with all the Addons.

AUDYA is a fantastic Keyboard , sounds great , as lots of inovations.
Almost Everyone that buys the keyboard are happy.
But there are THINGS that Ketron Labs can not forget in this kind of Keyboards....

This is an arranger Keyboard , and they must have a EDITOR to the Styles and the MSP Editor...
Without this "Addons" ,ok , we can produce Styles , i produce almost 300 styles to Portuguese music , but i need to do the tracks in the PC , or in other keyboard , and transport the tracks to Audya to incorporate the Audio Parts from the Librarie.

Its a lost of time , when with a simple editor in the Audya , in seconds we can produce or edit the midi parts of a style , and then edit the style in the Style Modeling to add the audio parts.
And of course , to create new audio parts to incorporate in a style , because there are no audio drums to every kind os music , we must create specific audio drums to every country style , as also user live audio guitars libraries adapted to every contry styles.

I think that , 2 or 3 mounth more and they have the Keyboard with al the addons that are necessary.
But in my opinion , that was not a good politic from Ketron labs put a Keyboard in the market without all software completed.

Sorry for my bad english.

best Regards.

Fernando Cardoso
www.fcmusica.com www.ketronaudya.wordpress.com

[This message has been edited by fc_xander (edited 05-28-2009).]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online