SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#264359 - 05/26/09 06:47 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Morten Jonassen:
There is NO Floppy on the Audya!

And NO style maker, either.

#264360 - 05/26/09 06:53 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ok.., well the specs (on their site) say HD and FD (they should update that). Still doesn't answer the question as to how many tracks can you record and what pre and post song editing options are there? Can you record up to 16 trks.., does the seq allow all standard mixer settings (panning, volume, any EQ'ing) and can those edits then be saved?

So much has been put on the AUDIO on this very expensive TOTL arranger.., yet NOTHING is being said, released, or even showcased about its abilities (or inability) to function as an arranger-WORKSTATION. Right now out of the box it just appears to be a $5,000 PRESET based rompler.., am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-26-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#264361 - 05/26/09 07:53 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rule:
I own Audia a few months and info for the others there is no sequencer to create or edit Midifiles

Quote from squeak
"Still doesn't answer the question as to how many tracks can you record and what pre and post song editing options are there?"

Squeak- According to Rule, maybe zilch??

John

#264362 - 05/26/09 08:28 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

It's a shame (actually completey unacceptable really) if the Audya lacks sequencing at this point. Based on the specs (which I know can change) is says it records to HD and FD.

Is Rule saying that it doesn't sequence at all? No style recording on a TOTL $5,000 arranger is one thing.., but to lack both style recording and a standard 16 trk seq (that even the low end models from many makers have) is just CRAZY!

I would hope they add the style sequencing because what Ketron has done is pretty much dogged the US market as (although they do sound good) has western styles based on the european interpretations of them. No style recording screws the US market for buyers who want to give those styles the "almost there.., but just needs this" finishing touch.

I don't think it's asking much for Ketron to let current owners and potential buyers know if this is going to be an added feature down the line. Where's AJ in all this anyways?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#264363 - 05/26/09 09:21 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
or even showcased about its abilities (or inability) to function as an arranger-WORKSTATION. Right now out of the box it just appears to be a $5,000 PRESET based rompler.., am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything and no, has nothing to do with Workstation,
it doesnt even have basic Arranger functions, forget WS.

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
It's a shame (actually completey unacceptable really) if the Audya lacks sequencing at this point.

Yes it does lack sequencing and never will have a sequencer, all you get is
Song Record as on older Ketron arrangers, as for tracks, its just the 8 or so
tracks that the arranger uses, nothing else, they cant be manipulated on the
synth itself, it acts as a tape recorder.

#264364 - 05/26/09 09:25 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Come on guys!!!

Why not wait till the real buyers...follow through...like Don Mason,...give them a chance to review the Audya...

None of you guys are a potential buyer for the Audya, so why complain....$5,000 takes it out of reach for most folks..

Also, Solton/Ketron is not exactly the new kid on the block...They have been around more than 30 years..Their product line has been more than competitive with the "Big 3"...

Maybe there is more confusion on our part....Let the potential owners explain the real story to us..

As for floppy drives..it is the one drive I miss most on new laptops and keyboards...Thankfully I have a USB/floppy drive..to use with the new MS and my 3 floppy-less PC's..

BTW: maybe FD is a flash drive..as in internal memory...

#264365 - 05/26/09 09:28 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

That's what I'm saying Fran.., there may be some confusion on our part.., but someone needs to at least be making this info available to the public for current owners or those who are considering dropping that kind of dough. Take away the style recording on your G-70, sequencer, KILLER make up tools.., and would you still be wanting to show her all that love

However.., on another note WTF! Nedim.., are you serious...???? Are you sure it'll never have a sequencer..., does that also mean style sequencing may not be an added feature?

WOW! A $5,000 out of the box rompler. Geez.., can we even call it a rompler too? Even low end budget romplers have full blown sequencers in them.

The Audya sounds really good IMO and I'm sure many other members here on the Zone share this opinion.., but I don't care how much money a person's got. $5,000 is a HUGE investment on a single keyboard..., but dropping that kind of money on an arranger that lacks style recording-inability to edit them, sampling, and a dedicated sequencer does not IMO justify a $5,000 price tag regardless of how good the thing sounds.

]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-26-2009).]

#264366 - 05/26/09 09:58 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak, I peaked in the Audya user manual..It appears to have the same functions as previous models...Naturally a midi file can be recorded using arranger and real time parts (as in all models)...The Audya also has a midi modification section to change parameters..

Likewise , the Audya has a "user style" section..as other models, allowing modification of user styles...

As I said..let's wait till a real user confirms..and not speculate that we "know" the Audya..

BTW: No other brand has the capabilities of the G70 sequencer..and make up tools..I would surely miss them...

As for style makers..other than mixing modifications..I bet less than 5 percent of arranger users ever even desire to "roll their own"...

#264367 - 05/26/09 10:18 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

It's going to be a great loss to many users of the Audya if it doesn't have a style creator/editor.

Maybe some beginners don't use the "style from scratch" but most of my clients employ Yamaha's easy to use Style Assembly, and Style Revoice, so I dare say most Audya buyers would expect the same level of style editing...especially on a $5000 keyboard.

#264368 - 05/26/09 10:25 AM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Yes it does lack sequencing and never will have a sequencer,

Nedim, since you are more familiar with the Audya's progress (or lack of) than most of us, that sounds like an awful important feature to be left off; especially at Audya's price point.

Are you positive this is so?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online