SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#264339 - 05/25/09 11:10 AM AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
leezone Offline

and here is what's new:

AUDYA Release 2.A
System:

1. Added a new and revised Default screen / Main View. This screen can be activated by pressing Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility -> NextPage -> Main View (ON). This new screen allows you to instantly access styles (F1), Registrations (F2), Player controls [Wave, MP3, Midi] with F4 {while USER 1/6 – 4/9 can now be used to control the Player}, Main voice (F6), 2nd Voice (F7) and Left voice (F8)

2. Added new functions Dry On Stop, Program, Pause/Restart/Count In, Aftertouch, Portamento, Voicetron On/Off. These feature are locate on Keyboard Control -> Utility -> Footswitch and on User Assignable tabs

3. Create and Erase features are now available with USB Folders

4. Transposer On/Off function with Mp3/Line In is now available in Menu > Keyboard Control > Utility > Pag. 3). Default value is set to “On”.

5. Added automatic Saving of My Folder.

6. Removed Show Hide Folder feature (except System folder) from HD

7. HD Format feature restored.

8. All notes off while INS/Super Solo sounds are being loaded (the Sound loading time has now been cut down dramatically since all processing is devoted to loading the selected sound file(s) )

9. Fixed Chords Transposition bug on Keyb Only Transp.

10. Added Scroll function on INS page menu ( available in up/down way ).

11. Manual Bass now assignable to Outs 3&4.

12. Distortion volume available on Right Parts and Midi files.

13. Volume ‘jerk’ fixed when Dist+Cho used on Program/Preset.

14. Fixed search and view on Directory when long name are used.

15. Fixed unwanted reset Metronome when used with Wav..

16. Added transposer feature on Midi left section.

17. New improvement on Accordion Mode menu.

Style:

1. Add new menu on Style Mode : (under Drum menu) Autocrash on Intro and Fill , (under Chord menu) Inversion point on Chords now selectable when Parallel mode is used (Inversion), (under Bass menu ) Pedalboard, Pedal to chord, Pedal dynamic.

2. Removed latency which was initially noticed when a Style was started with the START button.

Improved Factory Style loading – much faster.
New twice functioning on Fill In (different feature if recalled from tab or on display menu)
5. Added a new control (Global / Single) when using the Drum Mixer related to the Style percussive section .

6. Fixed random freezing of a Style when either the Fill, Break or Ending buttons were pushed; plus Key Start , Key Stop and Voice List linked to Style.

7. Fixed the wrong volume of Groove being used when Fill and Break are recalled while playing.

8. Fixed random out of sync issue between Audio Drums and Midi parts.

9. Fixed wrong style name bug randomly appears when style is selected.

10. Fixed Drum Set selection ( of Drum1 ) when style is recalled.

11. Fixed refresh bug related to Styles effects

12. Improved Key Start feature.

13. Improved Break feature response ( when pressed ) .

14. Fixed sync issues between Style and Midi.

Player:

1. New improvement on Midi Remix menu: Add Save function of Start Bar and Stop Bar; how to use this - First, activate a midi file then turn on the Drum Remix feature. Next, Select your own Style while Remix/playing . Save all arrangement status plus, Fill In , Break , ( << ) Style-Midi ( >> ).

2. Added new Wav Dj Mix function : Located in Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility on page#3. This function allows you to synchronize the starting of several Wave files.

3. Tempo feature now available with Midi files and Styles with separate controls.

4. New Key Tune To Chord function : Located on Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility ( page#3).This function allows one to play any Key Tune when a chord is recognized to the LEFT of the assigned split point.

5. Enabled function (limited to 200 midi files within selected folder) of Autoload when a midifile is linked to Wave and Txt files (Player Autoload is not affected by this feature)

6. Added a new Save feature with Midi file while playing. (File no longer needs to be Stopped as before in order to save a new modification made to the current midifile).

7. Added Equalizer on Mp3 Mixer ( Bass – Treble – Loudness Feature)

8. New improvement on Midi file mixer. All drum part are controlled by Midi mix Drum slider (instead of Orchestra slider – more consistent).

9. Fixed GM part screenshot bug when Crossfade feature is used with Midi files

10. Improved page-forward recording of Txt linked to Wave files. Added a new pop up message when Stop is pressed ( Please Save Sync Txt ) .

11. New function with Style ( << ) and Midi ( >> ) on Midi Remix feature.

12. Added Player & Style Mix features in Menu -> Keyboard Control -> Utility ( on Page#3).

Voicetron:

1. Voicetron volume is maintained when a new preset is recalled .
2. Microphone preset change is no longer affected by Midi file or Style Tempo feature.

Registration

1. New improvement on Block Registration, (now, a Single Registration can be saved onto a Block while user playing).

2. Removed Numeric Sort on Block Registration (while Edit function is running) .

3. Added Metronome saving feature with Registration.

HD Recording

1. Midi Sync Recording: Record function is automatically terminated when you stop playing the Midi file.

2. Eliminated ‘clipping noise’ which randomly occurred during Hard Disk Recording.

#264340 - 05/25/09 12:23 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's a pretty impressive list of bugs that no-one ever mentioned. Some real dealbreakers there. Perhaps this is why there aren't too many Audya's out there, yet?

Note also the difference between 'fixed' and 'improved'. You KNOW they didn't use different words to mean the same thing. They got lawyers, too...

My favorite feature...? 'Dry on Stop' What a great idea! The rest ought to copy this one.

Not so sure about the fact that now, while you load up custom voices, the unit goes dead. One of the things they were proudest about was the multi-tasking, load while playing, that sort of thing. Apparently, just as the CPU and data buss structure wouldn't allow for multiple audio streams to work in realtime (initially promised), now it appears it isn't beefy enough to do the multitasking either.

I hope that Ketron are looking seriously at beefing these components up, and releasing an Audya2 (not OS2 for Audya1 ) that can actually do what was initially announced. THAT would be a pretty damn good product. It sure got us all worked up when announced.

Time to deliver....

#264341 - 05/25/09 02:06 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You know they say you should NEVER buy an introductory (first year model) from a manufacturer because it is something entirely new from the ground up, as is the case with the Audya, just like they recommend that you should NEVER buy a new (first year model) automobile either. The reason being is because it is something that has "not been tested" in real world circumstances, and consequently, bugs and kinks may abound - and as evidenced with the Audya apparently.

I really 'feel' for the guys over there in Ancona, Italy by the way. Here is an upstanding?? (free from Mafia influence - hopefully that is.. ) a company just trying to make a buck in this volatile world economy and my hat goes off to them for going "out on a limb" with the production of this revolutionary Audya arranger. I wish I was fluent in Italiano or that they were fluent in English, because a bridge might then be built between us (the consumer), if we were able to communicate with them on a personal level and to help them by giving them our own ideas of how to make the Audya even better with their next model. >> If there even is a next model, although maybe not... I hope there is because it will be a testament by Ketron to the world that they don't give up when they hit these seemingly insurmountable walls of difficulty with this their current Flagship. Car companies don't give up on a first year model that tanks at the box office, so to speak. They build successive new models that keep improving (hopefully anyway) with each new model year and usually will make a 5 or so year run on each new model they put out. So hopefully we'll see an Audya II and an Audya III, IV, V, VI, etc. Although, eventually they will probably change the name to something else. Like Yamaha is going to do with the successor to the Tyros3 - hopefully. The name Tyros is getting "soooo passé" if you know what I mean.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-25-2009).]

#264342 - 05/25/09 02:24 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
BTW, I took an enormous risk when I bought my Yamaha Tyros (it being a first year model) but I held back until Yamaha had updated the OS, and by doing so, fixed a multitude of bugs etc., and only when the general consensus of those who already had purchased the Tyros was favorable and it passed muster in a real world scenario, did I then go ahead and purchase one.

Not ALL introductory models have insurmountable problems (like the Audya seems to have ) but you need to see (by the reviews and/or how new Owners are reacting to it) if it will indeed be worth the money or not. In my case I think the Tyros was worth it. The Audya though??? Hmmm.. not too sure. >> Reduce it by a Grand in price and get the kinks and bugs worked out and then we'll talk. OTOH, there are so many limitations (RAM capacity, etc.) that I will probably just wait for the new model to come out in the year 2020.

All the best,
Mike

#264343 - 05/25/09 02:26 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Rule Offline

Congratulation on a new update but I am asking again and again, when will be possible to create a NEW PATTERN or if you want a NEW STYLE for Audya .?

#264344 - 05/25/09 03:16 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
did I miss it, or are there still no style editing functions ??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#264345 - 05/25/09 06:57 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
No, on AUDYA you still cant create your own styles.

#264346 - 05/25/09 07:16 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Geez..., a $5,000 preset box! An incomplete manual is one thing.., but a pro arranger that does not have the ability to create user styles selling for $5,000 is nuts.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#264347 - 05/25/09 07:30 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Geez..., a $5,000 preset box! An incomplete manual is one thing.., but a pro arranger that does not have the ability to create user styles selling for $5,000 is nuts.

I wonder what Ketron's reasoning for this omission?

#264348 - 05/25/09 07:48 PM Re: AUDYA 2.0 is out NOW !!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's nice to see they're fixing bugs and adding little tid bits here and there.., but someone needs to get on the horn at Ketron and let users know if the ability to create user styles will be a part of a future upgrade. Does the Auyda sequence (does it have a standard 16 trk sequencer)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online