SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#264268 - 05/28/09 01:44 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, maybe it's time to drink the Kool Aid!!!

Cherry is my favorite

#264269 - 05/28/09 03:37 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Folks,
I have been reporting all of this for a month. So, what's new?

Hammer

#264270 - 05/28/09 10:00 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Bose Compact passed with flying colors tonight at my gig 125 pp dancing all night.
It sounded great ........EQ'ing your gear with this unit is essential to get the right sound with your gear & mic...
Once done it's a pleasure to play thru for small/med rooms. The portability is so nice also. has to be the best gear buy so far this year for me.

l8tr

#264271 - 05/28/09 10:11 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I sold 5 of them in the past two weeks! The Compact is a winner for Bose and will expose their larger systems to some people as well. I love playing the T3 demo through then as Mall walkers go by wondering where the sound is coming from.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#264272 - 05/28/09 10:24 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
I sold 5 of them in the past two weeks! The Compact is a winner for Bose and will expose their larger systems to some people as well. I love playing the T3 demo through then as Mall walkers go by wondering where the sound is coming from.

It's amazing what it sounds like within its range & worth every penny for sure....& your back will thank you a million times over!

#264273 - 05/28/09 11:25 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
When Donny is STILL using this three months from now, and not a day before, will I consider ANY endorsement of his of any value. I don't know about you, but at least I can remember many times in the past he has gushed all enthusiastic about something he sold a month or two later...

I'm not saying it is a bad product, I am merely saying that if you are looking to Donny to either vindicate your purchase of a Bose Compact, or as a recommendation to buy one (especially the latter, really) I would wait until the initial enthusiasm turns into the inevitable cold appraisal.

THEN buy one... or better still, go listen for yourself. Lemmings simply follow - cliff or no cliff. A wise animal follows his own path...

#264274 - 05/29/09 01:42 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Don't take my word for it.....
Hammer, Don M, Gary D, is more then enough credibilty for me on a recomendation.

#264275 - 05/29/09 12:35 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And some others deciding that they preferred something else is enough for some caution.

Main thing for me is still the question of cost... Everyone (or at least, many of those rushing out to buy the Bose) are pretty horrified at the cost of the Audya, but then turn around and gush about an under 200w PA that cost $1000 (OK, $999 ).

Doesn't anyone CARE that you can buy a pair of Podium's for a FRACTION of that price (stereo Bose gonna set you back $2000 - OK, $1998!), and have a stereo rig that is AT LEAST as loud and clear? And if not, have you ordered your Audya yet?

Several of you are playing MOTL arrangers, and yet here, with the money you'd save, you could afford to trade up to the TOTL arranger. Which would make the biggest impact on your show?

#264276 - 05/29/09 01:28 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Diki, I think these guys are looking at it from a "sound dispersion" viewpoint, not necessarily from a "power contest".

Yes they can get podiums cheaper and they have more "Paper Power" but you know as well as I do that with the traditional speaker box, once a listener goes off axis the directional frequencies become less defined. Quite noticeably so from as little as about 10 feet off axis.

This does not happen with the Bose, and I can now speak for the L1 system and the 502a/502b system as well.

The music wraps the room.

And consequently less power is needed to cover the same space because the speaker design does that for you.

As an analogy it's rather like the difference between a V8 street car that uses heaps of engine size and fuel, to get to 200mph, but the F1 car uses just a tiny 1600cc engine but utilises GREAT design to get to the same speed and using far less fuel as well. HA HA of course the analogy also applies to the cost F1 costs a lot more than the street V8!!

#264277 - 05/29/09 01:37 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

I personally don't give a crap what Diki says, I'm immunised to his repetitious, smiley face BS....unit was recommended to me by some very professional respected players,I then heard the Bose compact L1 in a store, bought one, used it with great success on stage & that's it! Nuff said, it suits MY needs. Now if you'll excuse me I have a gig to enjoy this evening.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online