SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
Topic Options
#264206 - 05/24/09 04:41 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
You have read my posts about the gigs I have played with my Bose Compact L1s and I firmly stand by what I posted.

I have my Bose Classic L1 for sale - that should tell it all.

Hammer

#264207 - 05/24/09 04:49 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Donny,
You have read my posts about the gigs I have played with my Bose Compact L1s and I firmly stand by what I posted.

I have my Bose Classic L1 for sale - that should tell it all.

Hammer

Dean its nice to talk to people in the know like you & Don M whose opinion I respect who have actually "played" the product on Gigs & not posting some presumed nonsense. I don't doubt the Bose compact will serve my needs...I'll know much more for sure this coming week.
BTW great pics on those posts on PSR also.

take care

dp

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-24-2009).]

#264208 - 05/24/09 05:15 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
No "presumed nonsense" as far as I am concerned.

You must try to understand that one does NOT have to play with something, to either know how it works, or to get a good idea what its' performance will be like from the specs produced by the manufacturer. (and the RMS figures do not even enter into that)

After many years using PA's I KNOW what the specs mean, and which are fudged and which are real.

Yes it is also good to use something as well, but to berate people who are speaking from just as factual a viewpoint is silly.

I have only spoken using factual sources..The manual for one, and quoting a guy who has been with Bose for near 27 years (and NOT in sales either)....I am actually one of those who think the L1 compact (a pair) would be very good.

As you CAN also hook up either a bigger external PA, OR extra sub, they would be perfect multi purpose speakers, all with the quality of Bose.

#264209 - 05/24/09 06:13 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Configuration 5.1
Total Power 505 Watts
Satellite RMS Power /ea
Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Subwoofer RMS Power 188 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)

From the Logitech specs. 3 stereo channels at 62w RMS (for a total of 186w) and another 188w for the sub. ALL at RMS, not peak. Mind you, those THD figures are a bit high at max. volume, but Bose never state theirs at max. power at all. Anywhere (I looked).

Looks like there's plenty of 'assuming' to go around...

Now, don't get me wrong... The Bose probably sounds pretty good for it's size (I play through an L1 Classic every now and again so quit with the 'you've got to play before you comment' crap, OK? ) but is it $700 better than the Logitech?

And the Logitech IS in stereo. So, in truth, to get approx. the same power and in stereo as the Logitech, it takes $2000 Compared to $300

Is it worth $1700 for an easier setup? And a bit more projection?

I'm not TELLING anyone to do anything (unlike some of the Bose zealots). Go ahead with the Bose. No skin off my nose!

I'm just trying to inject a little fiscal responsibility in here!

#264210 - 05/24/09 06:33 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

Invest $999.99 & make your investment back 100's & 100's of times ....what's the problem?

#264211 - 05/25/09 01:36 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Diki Offline

When you buying an Audya?

Presumably, more money MUST mean a better anything? You'd make your money back...

My way of looking at things is, if it doesn't make you MORE money than what you already have, you are losing money buying it.

$1700 (the difference between a Bose and a Logitech stereo system) can buy a LOT of other goodies, maybe something that you haven't already got... and maybe something that WOULD make you more money

#264212 - 05/25/09 02:03 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
You, also, have to factor in the relative ease of set up for the Bose, unless you use Gary's conguration. This is even cumbersome to transport.

#264213 - 05/25/09 06:16 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Dnj Offline

The transporting of the bOSE L1 Compact alone is worth it's weight in gold

#264214 - 05/25/09 11:00 AM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
hey guys, i just checked this out at a local guitar center. i was checking out their memorial day sale today and they were playing an ipod through it.

as a portable nursing home unit it may be adequate but i found it tinny and the bass was underwhelming. it may have been adjusted wrong. If you set the volume higher than half way it would clip. I have drank the bose kool Aid by purchasing the L1 model 1. The compact sure is a sexy unit but i think you could almost guaranteed get better sound out of some other smaller system for 1000 bucks and even get change back.

Id be happy to give it another whirl set properly with an arranger going through it.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid.com
www.youtube.com/kidconcert

#264215 - 05/25/09 12:32 PM Re: BOSE L1 Compact the ULTIMATE NURSING HOME GIG Speaker?
Diki Offline

Come on, Mikey... surely you know by now that the only way to get a bad sound out of a Bose is because it is set up wrong..?

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online