SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#264146 - 05/23/09 02:00 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I was trying to refer to the quality of styles g1000-g70, but to each its own.

Keep playing your G70 and I'll play my Ketron. As long as where happy. that's what matters.

#264147 - 05/23/09 02:06 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Good times.
I can remember my first Rolands.
E20,E30,E70 and E86.
With my E86 I received from Roland Brasil a complete collection of FDs with Brasilian styles that I still have.
In other side, I had my first problem with arrangers: My E86 had a complete mother board faillure that was repaired by local assistance.

#264148 - 05/23/09 02:54 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If the styles were no better, why would I change? I am NOT one of those that HAVE to have the latest model, no matter if there is little difference.

The G1000 sounded like a machine. The drums had no velocity switching, and sounded like a Sound Canvas. But, for it's time, it was still pretty much one of the best things about.

My G70's drums sound REAL. I can punch up styles from it that give the Audya's REAL drummers and live audio a VERY close comparison. And they achieve that with none of the loop audio's disadvantages. Want the same pattern, but on brushes? Tough. Want to change the kick pattern? Too bad. Prefer bongos to congas? Not a chance. Want a dryer snare? Sorry, no can do. Want to only play the style the way it comes? Finally.... It can do that!

#264149 - 05/23/09 02:57 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:
Good times. I can remember my first Rolands. E20,E30,E70 and E86.

Small world. That was precisely my Roland path prior to the E80.

#264150 - 05/23/09 03:35 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
124 Offline

i agree that it's much better to wait out a few models before changing. The Pa1XPro is one step back from current Korgs, but I got a sweetheart deal on a lightly used one, and coming straight from an i30 it was a significant jump for me - and kinder on my wallet, too.

#264151 - 05/23/09 04:08 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
Diki Offline

124... had Korg already come out with OS2 for the PA2Xpro before you bought the PA1?

I am not sure, even with the monetary considerations, that I would have made that choice. I believe that the DNC feature IS the 'new generation' aspect for Korg's, as SA made the T2 the breakthrough arranger for Yamaha.

I am sure, especially with Korg's upgrade policy, that the current OS2 PA2Xpro is by no means the end of the line for this model. Look for new DNC voices to load up, new styles that use them, and doubtless many new features long before the next model comes out.

Unfortunately, all of this will pass your PA1X by. But it is still a great keyboard... I just have a feeling, as Korg release more DNC sounds, that you will start to get a bit envious of its' newer brother

#264152 - 05/23/09 08:16 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Perhaps a bit off topic, but a question... the E-96 and G-800 were contemporary with each other. It seems to me like the G-800 was more advanced. What was the pecking order in Roland's lineup circa 1995-96?

What key features were introduced in the G-800 that ended the reign of the E-series (until the advent of the E-50/60/80 in 2007)?
Thanks,
Ted

#264153 - 05/24/09 07:14 AM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
Dnj Offline

And they were Black

#264154 - 05/24/09 07:21 AM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
124... had Korg already come out with OS2 for the PA2Xpro before you bought the PA1?

I am not sure, even with the monetary considerations, that I would have made that choice. I believe that the DNC feature IS the 'new generation' aspect for Korg's, as SA made the T2 the breakthrough arranger for Yamaha.

I am sure, especially with Korg's upgrade policy, that the current OS2 PA2Xpro is by no means the end of the line for this model. Look for new DNC voices to load up, new styles that use them, and doubtless many new features long before the next model comes out.

Unfortunately, all of this will pass your PA1X by. But it is still a great keyboard... I just have a feeling, as Korg release more DNC sounds, that you will start to get a bit envious of its' newer brother

Hi Diki,

LOL! Yep, OS2 was already out when I bought the 1X, but my monetary considerations, as you put it were, well, considerable and, yes, while I would love to have the new stuff, there is plenty in this board to keep me occupied for the foreseeable future. God knows there was already enough in the i30, but I wanted a 76, hence my jump.

#264155 - 05/24/09 01:29 PM Re: Is it really SIXTEEN years since this one launched
Diki Offline

I understand completely...! And I have heard a bunch of stuff that sounded great on the PA1Xpro. You should be able to make great music for years on that thing...

What kind of music are you primarily into?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online