SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#264048 - 05/22/09 09:46 AM Anyone using this high end cable?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.analysis-plus.com/pro_guitarinstrument.html

I know most SZ folks will dismiss this as impractical, but maybe their is someone here that spends foolishly..

I am thinking ..I will try the $10 per foot cables...not sure about the $30 a foot cables..

I know for some here the cables would be worth more than your keyboard..

http://www.analysis-plus.com/pro_ArtistKeyboard.html

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-22-2009).]

#264049 - 05/22/09 09:55 AM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Dnj Offline

. .. ...

#264050 - 05/22/09 09:59 AM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
. .. ...

I may spend more on a pair of cables than you will spend on your Bose Compact..

#264051 - 05/22/09 11:20 AM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"BLACK OVAL - Our best flex and feel cable. It's ROHS compliant, completely green cable that sounds as good as it feels. This cable has 20 gauge conductors, a conductive sheath to eliminate microphonics, an oval center conductor with a hollow oval return. Available with straight or 90 degree mono plugs

The cable is made in the USA, the connectors are made in the USA, the packaging is designed and made in the USA, the catalog and all paper are printed in the USA. I don't think you can say this about most products."".<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's GREEN and made 100% in the USA....

I know who their intended market is...the PC Police!!! Some gullible people will pay more for Green and "made in the USA".

Others will realize it's now a world economy and plants actually NEED lots of CO2 to create Oxygen.

I am over "Green" I am over paying disposal fee for oil that will be resold at a profit..

I am over recycling when every Disposal company worth their business acumen has been separating trash and reselling "valuable" recyclables for 50 years, but now making Joe homeowner to do their jobs at additional profit!!

Glad to now live in free South Carolina where none of this stuff has taken hold. No auto or smog inspections, no mandatory recycling,

No deposit on bottles and recycling fees on cans.....
Give me dirty old Global Warming ignoring China made Quantum cables....LOL

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-22-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#264052 - 05/22/09 11:55 AM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The whole green thing drives me nuts. I suppose the metal that is used in those cables is magically conjured up by the 'metal wizard' and not mined by using great big diesel powered trucks spewing black exhaust, and the coating is made in an equally mystical way. And the machines that crank out the metal plugs run on rain water collected from the roof of the plant. Don't get me wrong, I am all for cleaning up our act but using these ridiculous coined phrases that are meaningless is beyond me.

So back to the topic at hand:
I'm thinking of running everything wireless so I have no cables at all.

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 05-22-2009).]

#264053 - 05/22/09 12:36 PM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I remember a very well publicised test that was done a few years ago.

Basically 3 audiophiles guys where blindfolded and they where asked to listen to the same song over and over again a number of times.

They where asked to try identify at what point where they listen to the song through wire coat hangers connected to the speakers, and when they where listing to pro end Gold cables.

The outcome of the tests proved that nobody could tell the difference between top of the range gold cables and wire coat hangers.

So really the way I look at it, the only quality you should be looking for is a well shielded cable. Anything else is an utter waste of money.

#264054 - 05/22/09 02:01 PM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm not sure I would want to tote wire coathangers around to wire up my rig, there, James!

Wouldn't it have been a more useful test to see if they could hear the difference blindfolded between CHEAP cables and expensive ones?

Sometimes these guys are dumber than they think they are...

#264055 - 05/22/09 02:07 PM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Diki Offline

BTW, guitar cables regularly handle signals that are only a TINY fraction of the strength of our line level keyboard outputs.

They need to be amplified MASSIVELY.

Any shielding problems, wiring inconsistencies and impedance irregularities are going to be massively amplified, too... Plus, of course, a guitar cord dangles out the back of a guitar and gets walked about, stepped on, jiggled, twisted around, just from the normal motions of playing the damn thing! (and don't get me started about showmanship pyrotechnics!).

Don't laugh at these things until you have walked a mile in THEIR shoes. Nobody is trying to sell an ARRANGER cable at those prices! Not even Ketron!

#264056 - 05/22/09 03:09 PM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
I remember a very well publicised test that was done a few years ago.

Basically 3 audiophiles guys where blindfolded and they where asked to listen to the same song over and over again a number of times.

They where asked to try identify at what point where they listen to the song through wire coat hangers connected to the speakers, and when they where listing to pro end Gold cables.

The outcome of the tests proved that nobody could tell the difference between top of the range gold cables and wire coat hangers.

So really the way I look at it, the only quality you should be looking for is a well shielded cable. Anything else is an utter waste of money.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#264057 - 05/22/09 04:19 PM Re: Anyone using this high end cable?
Diki Offline

You know, guys, you really ought to read this stuff before you quote it...

This article was comparing SPEAKER cables. That don't even HAVE shields. And comparing them to a pair of stiff SOLID metal wires. That can't be bent and coiled up, etc..

We have been talking about SIGNAL cables here and other threads.

Might as well compare apples to frogs...

But of course, if it helps you to feel superior to quote something with absolutely no relation to what everyone is talking about, have at it... Being relevant is SO overrated.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online