SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#263982 - 05/23/09 01:19 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Look, country by country, what is the percentage difference between TOTL arrangers? That's what matters.

Is the price gap between a T3 and the Audya in YOUR country about the same as here? Not in arbitrary dollars, but by percentage...?

Import tariffs change country by country, as well as retail practices, sales taxes, etc.. Why does any of this surprise you...?

#263983 - 05/23/09 03:51 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Look, country by country, what is the percentage difference between TOTL arrangers? That's what matters.
Is the price gap between a T3 and the Audya in YOUR country about the same as here? Not in arbitrary dollars, but by percentage...?
Import tariffs change country by country, as well as retail practices, sales taxes, etc.. Why does any of this surprise you...?

Did'nt my post before this one clarify as much that it make your questions here
already answered?
Where else do the Audya cost almost twice as much as T3 or PA2X Pro? Is'nt that
a "persentage" illustration told in another way? Also, why is this only happen
here in this country, and not worldwide?
Dealer see the problem but cannot explain why it's that way, so maybe Ketron can?

It's not that I cannot afford buy it, I really would like to, but I refuse to
doubble the price for a product who so far don't show it's twice as good as the
rest beside of being a beta test version. I would end up feel myself ripped off
big time as well as be "en prøvekanin" = "person used for research purposes" and
even pay to do it ...
Case closed.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#263984 - 05/23/09 05:19 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Anonymous
Unregistered

The more I hear of the Audya the more underwhelmed I become. For a keyboard that has been even more overhyped than the T3, it sounds far too "me too". There are better rock styles than that on my comparatively Jurassic E-80.

#263985 - 05/23/09 11:33 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Gunnar. Didn't quite get the point, as much as you kept referring to different country's prices.
What you have is an issue with your own country's dealer network, or perhaps an issue with tariffs on products from Italy (even though Roland's are made in Italy, they are sold by a Japanese corporation).

Have you contacted the dealers, to ask them why they are gouging you? In general, are Italian products expensive in your country?

You might also simply be victims of unavailability, which ought to go away after a while. Those that show SUCH desperation to have the latest, greatest, the MINUTE it hits the street are always susceptible to dealers charging a premium for the few that they can get. Supercars often sell for ABOVE sticker price, because availability is so low...

Basic supply and demand. Wait for supply to catch up to demand, and it is likely that the price will fall. But, if you've got to have it NOW, and maybe a dozen more want the same thing in your country, and there is but ONE to be had, basic capitalism allows the dealer to ask whatever he thinks he can get. As desperate for what, to most other people, seems like a fairly average product as you are, perhaps you are driving the price up yourself?

Act a bit more nonchalant, a bit more 'take it or leave it' like we mostly show here, and maybe the dealers WON'T gouge you for your desperation?

#263986 - 05/23/09 02:20 PM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"Basic supply and demand. Wait for supply to catch up to demand, and it is likely that the price will fall. But, if you've got to have it NOW, and maybe a dozen more want the same thing in your country, and there is but ONE to be had, basic capitalism allows the dealer to ask whatever he thinks he can get"

Under this principle, the price of the Audya may come down in the future...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online