SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#263962 - 05/21/09 03:29 PM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Stream samples from the harddrive and other manufacturers could do the same thing..

It was easy to do the drums 1st (SD1) because they do not respond to chord changes.

#263963 - 05/21/09 05:02 PM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Well, these are more American than the last ones, for sure! I have to agree that they are some of the best rock patterns I've heard in an arranger, but in all fairness, a LOT of my G70's rock stuff comes VERY close to this, at, of course, a FRACTION of the price (and being four years old or more and discontinued! ), and an infinitely more 'tweakable' form.

Rock revolves around the kick pattern. Got the perfect style, but ONE kick hit ruins it? G70, no problem, Audya, sorry... no can do.

BTW, I don't agree that the drums ARE too loud. If you imagine a RH part over the top of this (and maybe a LH synth sound, too) at the usual volumes that many like to play them, the drums ARE going to have to be this pumped up for it to still rock! Mind you, keep them (YOUR Parts) down IN the mix, and not ON the mix, and yes, you COULD bring these drums down a bit. But few that I've heard here ever manage that trick!

And, no offense, but pump my G70's Rock drums up to that level, and things get seriously similar. I do agree that, other than the drums, there isn't hardly anything that screams 'next generation' here. And, given that the SD-1 did drums exactly the same way, it makes you wonder just exactly WHAT do you get for all that extra money?

#263964 - 05/21/09 05:18 PM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by Diki:
---------------------------------------------
I do agree that, other than the drums, there isn't hardly anything that screams 'next generation' here. And, given that the SD-1 did drums exactly the same way, it makes you wonder just exactly WHAT do you get for all that extra money?
---------------------------------------------

And that Diki is the $5,000 question
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#263965 - 05/21/09 05:32 PM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, the drums certainly are far better sounding than anything else out there, (although I've never heard the Korg "live") but since the other parts of the style are mixed so low in comparison, it's hard to tell what they really sound like...you can hardly hear the guitar parts, or the bass.

Thankfully, Frank says it's a doddle to lower the volume.

#263966 - 05/22/09 07:26 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"It is due ONLY to the drums...the rest of the parts are no better than any other arranger.

Don't the styles also incorporate 'audio' guitar parts too, along with the audio Drums? That should increase the quality of these style(s) somewhat I would think and therefore make the "overall" sound better. But from these Rock demos only the Drums seem to stand out. And consequently, as Ian stated, only the Drums are driving these styles and everything else just seems average sounding to me. In fact, I'll go one step further to say that these styles appear to sound just mediocre at best, in my opinion, and something you'd hear on some mid-range arrangers of years gone by. How's that for being blunt?

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-22-2009).]

#263967 - 05/22/09 07:30 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
best Rock styles in any arranger i've heard,

Are they good enough to make you spend $5.000?

#263968 - 05/22/09 07:44 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Too much drum,but its sounds real nice.
But after a while it sounds all the same.
Still no competition fore the T3

Impuls

#263969 - 05/22/09 07:45 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Are they good enough to make you spend $5.000?

$5000 and I would bought it already, that's cheeper than SD1, Tyros3 etc.
But here in Norway I have to pay at least $6825 if I'm lucky, if not,
I have to roll up $8087!
In worst case, if have to pay the full price, it's $9515 .....
So why moan when only have to pay US $5000 ???

Cheers
GJ

(Currency 1 US$ = aprox 6,3 NKr.)
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#263970 - 05/22/09 10:47 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Depends on what you earn for a gig, for one thing, and then what comparable arrangers cost. You can't sit in one part of the world and use another's currency to directly compare to you. Otherwise, I want some of those Saudi Arabian gas prices...

Audya cost about $5000 (street) over here. You can get a T3 for a bit over $3000, a PA2Xpro for maybe $3500. Heck, you can pick up a cherry used G70 for maybe about $2000

Value is about comparing prices within the same country, not between different countries with completely different economies.

Try getting sick in America. Try sending your kids to college... THEN bitch about the lower price of an arranger! Trust me, you have some pretty important things in life a LOT cheaper over there, too. But there is a price to pay for them. Obviously, Americans consider cheap goods more important that a decent health care or education system that all can afford. Are you SURE you really envy us?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-22-2009).]

#263971 - 05/22/09 11:19 AM Re: Ketron Audya Rock Styles
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Depends on what you earn for a gig, for one thing, and then what comparable arrangers cost. You can't sit in one part of the world and use another's currency to directly compare to you. Otherwise, I want some of those Saudi Arabian gas prices...

Audya cost about $5000 (street) over here. You can get a T3 for a bit over $3000, a PA2Xpro for maybe $3500. Heck, you can pick up a cherry used G70 for maybe about $2000

Value is about comparing prices within the same country, not between different countries with completely different economies.

Try getting sick in America. Try sending your kids to college... THEN bitch about the lower price of an arranger! Trust me, you have some pretty important things in life a LOT cheaper over there, too. But there is a price to pay for them. Obviously, Americans consider cheap goods more important that a decent health care or education system that all can afford. Are you SURE you really envy us?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-22-2009).]

The T3 is $3999.00

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online