Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#263869 - 05/20/09 10:53 AM Re: sold off L1
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Four Grand for two L1's + Sub(s) though is a little steep in my book. And for 4 Grand I could turn around and get a truly quality sound system that could literally blow the two L1's out of the water and sink them to the depths of the miry ocean floor. Although, the L1's do seem to have a decent sound (in stereo apparently ) but they simply don't have the oomph! in my humble opinion.

I agree, Mike, that two Bose systems are pricey...I know, I bought a pair.

What brand system would you personally buy (or recommend) for around $4000 that would be equal (or better) in coverage (especially odd shaped, and/or difficult venues) and have the same huge stereo "sweet spot" that two L1's give?

I realize the "oomph factor" for two Bose is not monumental, but it does do an exceptional job of pushing sound to my ears, and also without the hot spots associated with conventional, or non-line array systems.

I'm sure it would be beneficial for some to have a good (or better) alternative choice to the two Bose.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 05-20-2009).]

#263870 - 05/21/09 02:40 AM Re: sold off L1
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Brought home the the 502a-502b system today, and I don't know whether its just because its now stereo, but these blow the single L1 away in my view. Each side runs 5 4/12" drivers (the 802 apparently uses 8 and I think they are 5") and the 502b sub is very tight with really solid bottom end.

Its a bit more setting up, eg 2 power amps with the controller, but the sound is well worth it.

I priced this same setup with a Bose dealer yesterday and I would not have got much change from $6500. This system (used 30 times by an original folk band), $2000...As the Bose tech I spoke to said "...you're in front before you even start..."

Now I can play some of those wonderful stereo piano samples again.. happy days

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online