Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
Topic Options
#262622 - 05/07/09 01:55 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
My only comment is please those of you who live in Rhode Island (hear that Tony ) or nearby Mass. please don't but the Bose. L1, II or the newest compact model. I don't need the competition. Tony the Podium's sound good.

... I'm actually considering the 10's ....
t.

#262623 - 05/07/09 04:39 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... I'm actually considering the 10's ....
t.

If I didn't own the Bose I would be too, looks like a great choice. Good luck keep us posted when you do.

OT looks like now that I start a 4 day work week in the next couple of weeks a field trip to visit Frankieve is in order.Probably late this month or early June. Mikey's gonna jump on board too!! I'll be in touch.

#262624 - 05/07/09 04:48 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, today I put in another 5 hours with the new Bose Compact and one thing is clear - the little thing is a beast! I have read a lot of posts about piano and drum sounds on the T3 and really never paid a lot of attention to the posts because my system always seemed ok to me. Well, today I noticed how great the drums really are on this keyboard and the piano seems a lot better too. I wonder if the people passing judgement on things are using really good speaker systems?

Another rather interesting note - with the Compact set at 50% I have been running my keyboard vol only at 9 O'clock - 10 O'clock max. I cranked the Bose up to about 75% and did not notice any distortion but I can't imagine anyone playing at that vol very long.

It will go out on it's first gig tomorrow - I will know more then but so far the sounds are really good and it seems to bring the life out of my T3. In all fairness to my standard L1 I really haven't explored all the presets with amy of my keyboards. I found one I liked and just stuck with it.

Hammer

#262625 - 05/07/09 06:57 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
On my L1 Classic I always got complaints that when I used the mic to speak it was hard for the older folks to understand

Deane, that shouldn't be. I had nothing but the opposite when speaking through the L1. Do you have all FX (reverb) off when speaking?

Glenn

#262626 - 05/07/09 07:04 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
hammer Offline

Glenn,
I am not sure about the reverb on the L1. I ran my mic through my keyboard rather than directly into the L1. All I know is the senior folks had a really hard time understanding me when I used the mic.

Glenn, I haven't spent much time "exploring" the L1 - I was to busy playing and once I found a really nice preset that i liked I quit experimenting with it.

Hammer

#262627 - 05/07/09 09:39 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Hammer,
As I recall from Shreveport last year, you don't sing....so you could create a special setting for mic in your 3K and Tyros that beefs up your voice without reverb or any fx.

Another need tool in the Yammie arsenal.
Eddie

#262628 - 05/07/09 10:21 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I've been playing with a friend who has an L1 system (the original). He has one Bass Module. Overall, for the use it is good at (even coverage at moderate levels) it is pretty good (albeit it still a little lacking in low-mid 'presence').

But I feel, for a $2000+ sound system, that no reverb, no auxiliary ins and outs (no RCA's to connect a recorder or break music device to) and rudimentary controls are definitely bullsh*t. Heck, little $300 mixers got multi-FX, RCA's etc...

#262629 - 05/08/09 09:48 AM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I did receive the Compact yesterday. Hooked it up to an MP3 and it sounds really good. Haven't had time to try the kb through it yet, but it looks like a winner to me so far.
DonM

#262630 - 05/08/09 05:41 PM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
hammer Offline

Well I just got back from my first gig with the Bose L1 Compact. I have mixed feelings about the outcome but will not rush to make a judgement here. First, for some reason the system seemed very "muddy" to me. Strange, because at home it was extremely bright and clear. I don't know how it sounded out front - only with it sitting right next to me. The room was about 50 X 50 with a ceiling of about 40 feet. Second, the sound of the Compact is different from the Standard L1 enough to be noticed by players owning both. The difference is not bad - just different.

Seems like this system really likes to be behind the player. I had it right next to me and had a hard time hearing it at times. Never experienced that with the Standard L1.

What I liked - Every single piece of electronic gear fit inside my car rather than the trunk. - Important in 100 degree weather.
Really easy setup and tear down. I could tell a big difference pushing my cart - much lighter. Very easy mic control - mic sounded very clear. Overall the gig went on without any problems and I would have to
judge the gig a success.

I play again on Sunday and will post results again.

Hammer[/b]

#262631 - 05/09/09 07:45 AM Re: First Report on My New Bose L1 Compact
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I put it just slightly off axis behind me about 10 ft., if space permits...

Everything seems to sounds more clear...the most consistent comment I get other than what a great sound that is...

Try it behind you several feet, it'll make a difference.

Good luck

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online