SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#262186 - 04/30/09 02:22 PM Re: Yamaha releasing 76 note...........
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you don't get hurricanes, it's ALL boring weather!

The trouble for me is that, as much piano playing as I DO get, I HAVE to have at least 76 no matter what. But having decided a long time ago that just one keyboard ought to be all I take out, how do I use an arranger, and still have that task covered? An 88 arranger would make everything BUT piano parts more difficult, a plastic 61 would make piano parts impossible to play. There sure as hell aren't any 61 fully weighted actions out there, so it's obvious that not only weight, but note number is important. In fact there are completely unweighted 88's available, but not ONE fully weighted 61.

Don't get me wrong, though. If Roland made a 76 semi-weighted arranger at half the weight of the G70 without any compromise to the sound and feel whatsoever, I would buy it in a flash. But until they do, I am not prepared to take a toy 61 around, just to save me 20 extra pounds of lifting...

Diki the Strong.

#262187 - 04/30/09 03:00 PM Re: Yamaha releasing 76 note...........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

An 88 arranger would make everything BUT piano parts more difficult, a plastic 61 would make piano parts impossible to play. I
Diki the Strong.

I don't have a problem playing sounds other than piano on a weighted 88, even organ is not too difficult, although one must be a little more careful with smears and slides..it takes a bit of practice.

For many years I used a Yamaha KX-88 and several modules, including a Voce Micro-B II for organ...it was my only keyboard, and I got used to doing everything on weighted keys.

Your wrists and hands/fingers become very strong, "Diki the Strong", and you soon find that your speed and accuracy on all keybeds has greatly improved...you must notice this after playing on your studio piano, or your Kurz.

The plastic 61's, especially the S900, are terrific for just arranger gigs...it's so nice at the end of a long night not to have to lug a heavy keyboard out to the car, or up and/or down a flight of stairs.

Ian the Lazy

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online