SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#262037 - 04/26/09 02:31 PM Re: Tyros 3 Choir & Vocal Pack Audio Preview Now Available
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
That sounds Amazing! I'd love to know how many experts and how man hours it took to produce that piece.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid..com
www.77bucks.com Affordable web design

#262038 - 04/26/09 05:52 PM Re: Tyros 3 Choir & Vocal Pack Audio Preview Now Available
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Sorry guys..I didn't think the vocal samples were that good...They are still typical Yamaha "Vox" sounds....Listen to an "old" Vocal expansion board, from Roland...than compare to this demo..

#262039 - 04/26/09 10:28 PM Re: Tyros 3 Choir & Vocal Pack Audio Preview Now Available
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I'm with you Fran, didn't think they were that great, and you have to ask where are the better drum sounds in this unit, boy I hope Tyros 4 has best drums and more than 5 octaves, and its a seller

#262040 - 04/27/09 09:17 AM Re: Tyros 3 Choir & Vocal Pack Audio Preview Now Available
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"boy I hope Tyros 4 has best drums and more than 5 octaves, and its a seller"

If Yamaha gives the world a 76 key Tyros4 it would be an EXTREMELY HOT seller in my humble opinion!! But I should add that it would be mostly predicated on their determination to give it MUCH BETTER Drum Kits.

76 keys in and of itself should help it sell in larger numbers overall (a 76 key version along with a 61 key version??) but if Yamaha scrimps on the Drums again then any 76 key version will not make it the hot seller it could have been. But with Yamaha's noted "stubbornness" regarding their lack of taking and/or making radical and opportunistic market strategies, the Tyros 4 will most likely continue to be the same ol' pottage in the same old bowl with the same ol' Drums along with the same ol' "61" keys staring up at you and with the same ol' $4,000 price tag attached to it - for convenience purposes.

All the best,
Mike

PS: I didn't think the Vocal/Choir sounds were anything to write home about either in my opinion, although they do appear to be 'slightly' better than what's on the T3 currently, if that says anything to you. Although, I can just see Yammie now charging a whopping $200.00 bucks for each one. Hopefully they won't charge more than $40 bucks but I have my doubts.. Cha- Ching!! Of course if they give the user a couple hundred i.e. "several hundred" or so of the voices in each pack then Yamaha could and should charge accordingly. But if they give you just a handful then charging a person an outlandish price for just a measly few would be outlandish indeed! We'll see...

#262041 - 04/27/09 10:16 AM Re: Tyros 3 Choir & Vocal Pack Audio Preview Now Available
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I don't understand why people bitch about that which they CAN change. Yamaha won't do a 76 key Tyros. That is worth botching about. Their own marketing research determined a long time ago 76 keys was not important to those who actually buy the Tyros. Not the "if they would do this, I'd buy it crowd" They could have and would have made a 76 key arranger awhile ago if it was financially prudent to do so. They have their reasons and they go beyond the Arranger line. Especially as the line between the Motif and Tyros blurs. ALL That BS said there IS A RUMOR....LOL look for something this Summer...76 weighted? Hmmmmmm

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 04-27-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online