SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#261936 - 04/23/09 02:44 PM Re: Audya price announced
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've always been a big fan of the Ketron styles, midi file playback sound and the bass and drum sound. I always use the MiDJay for midi file playback.

So now the Audya is a midjay plus, a SD1+, all with new sounds, styles, vocal processor, USB, accessable hard drive, sliders, live player audio loops.

the SD1+ was sold for about $3000, the Midjay plus for $1800, that comes out to be $4800.

So the convience factor of being in 1 machine and the updated operating system, I can see the value and I am already a fan based on the past Ketron products.

As most of you know I have had my personal Audya on order for almost 2 years, so I am truely a believer before even getting a chance to put it through it paces.

I will put it up against the PA2xpro, adn Tyros 3 next week, so if there are any comparison audio or video let me know, I'm sure they will be very interesting

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#261937 - 04/23/09 02:49 PM Re: Audya price announced
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dan,
The Tyros3 does come with an 80GB hard drive.
Look everyone, there are many players around the world that will buy a new model Ketron just because they are Ketron Users and they love the sounds, interface, etc. of Ketron keyboards. Then, there are those that need a great keyboard, price is a concern as well and they won't be interested in the Audya. That's the way it's been. I have customers right now that will buy the Audya at the $5000.00 price and be happy to have Ketron's latest and greatest. And I have those that will save some money and buy the Korg or Yamaha offerings. It's always been this way with Ketron products. Right now I'm selling an SD5 to a local customer who took home a Korg PA2X, already owns a Yamaha 900 and all he wants is an SD5. He has a friend with one and they love the styles and sounds. He would have bought an Audya today if I had one!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#261938 - 04/23/09 03:03 PM Re: Audya price announced
frankieve Offline

George is correct.

I have 5 customers that want to purchase the Audya without even hearing it. at $5000 you would think they would want to try it out first.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#261939 - 04/23/09 03:05 PM Re: Audya price announced
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Audya no good - costs too much.
Podiums no good - don't cost enough.
Bose no good - costs too much, etc.
I'm glad I trust my own opinions-no one else's.
DonM

#261940 - 04/23/09 03:27 PM Re: Audya price announced
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I was just trying to point out some of the physical build of the keyboard vs Yamaha.

#261941 - 04/23/09 03:29 PM Re: Audya price announced
frankieve Offline

everyone has their own taste. some will like it some will hate it. Doesn't mean your right or wrong.

Just like the Bose thing, people swear by it or say they hate it, but they are still selling.

So you say the Audya is too expensive, of course it is, and so is a Ferrari, a house in the Hamptons, my knowledge and good looks, but so is everything good

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#261942 - 04/23/09 04:00 PM Re: Audya price announced
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Tyros 3 MAP $3999 . 61 keys and made of plastic .I believe a hard drive was not included with Tyros and only comes with 1/4 mic input. 2 outputs

How much did yamaha spend to develop some totally revolutionary over the T2 or T1 ?

Audya - 76 keys, 2 XLR inputs with effects on each, the possibility of 8 stereo outputs,hard drive on board, made of steel , not plastic. I don't think $1000 difference in MAP is really to far fetched or ridiculous. It is new technology ...

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 04-23-2009).]

Sorry Dan, but what of that is revolutionary? Steel? Kurzweil, even my G70 has that. Been there, done that, everybody bitches about the weight...

Multiple XLR inputs? Are there separate harmony generators for each? No, there aren't. So where is the value to a duo...? Not to mention, the OMB seems to be the main reason d'etre of the arranger. Plenty with single XLR inputs (and line ins too). Seems hardly 'revolutionary' or new.

Multiple outputs? Not new, Got four on my G70, rarely use them. Got eight (ten, really, plus digitals) on my Kurzweil. Rarely use them... Definitely not new.

HD? Not new. As was pointed out, the nearly $2k less T3 has one (MAP seems to be just the jumping off point). My G70 has a 50MB solid state HD (FAR better than a conventional HD for seek times and loading)...

And, let us not forget, all these so called 'new' technologies exist (and have existed for ages) in WS's that cost a THIRD or the Audya's price.

76 keys... G70 PA2Xpro At LEAST $1500 less.

But where are the style creation, style editing, sequence editing tools, voice editing tools, sampler tools, yada yada yada..? Nothing new there, either, sadly. Ketron make some very good 'preset' arrangers, but if you want to edit your styles, create new ones, 'morph' styles together, tweak them to be how YOU want them, etc., and have a vast selection of third party and user edited styles, you may have to use one of those poor, 'cheap' arrangers!

Look, of course SOME people will order this sight unseen. They buy Hummers and Lamborghini's too, unseen. But back in the REAL world, of OMB's and working gigging musicians, the cost of something has to have SOME impact, shouldn't it? If not, contact me. I have some land for sale at vastly inflated prices too... what does it matter that it floods from time to time?

#261943 - 04/23/09 04:32 PM Re: Audya price announced
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But back in the REAL world, of OMB's and working gigging musicians, the cost of something has to have SOME impact, shouldn't it? If not, contact me.

Who's world yours? I can't begin to tell you how many European players and yes the ones here in the states that use Ketron. you seem to forget not all OMB's are Americans’.

There is a large Portuguese musical community just in NY/NJ not including CT, RI, MASS, CA and Florida that use ketrons. I have of bunch of buddies that have either the xd9 or sd1 waiting for Audya to be released. They can't wait and are willing to drop the 5k for it. Many of the Italian OMB's also use ketrons. You also mention the G70, its almost five years old, if they ever replace it. do you think that it will sell for $3400 again, no chance and the pa2x, core styles are from the pa80.

There's always the option not to buy it,

Also I always wondered have you ever tried a ketron?

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 04-23-2009).]

#261944 - 04/23/09 04:55 PM Re: Audya price announced
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Sorry Dan, but what of that is revolutionary? Steel? Kurzweil, even my G70 has that. Been there, done that, everybody bitches about the weight...

Multiple XLR inputs? Are there separate harmony generators for each? No, there aren't. So where is the value to a duo...? Not to mention, the OMB seems to be the main reason d'etre of the arranger. Plenty with single XLR inputs (and line ins too). Seems hardly 'revolutionary' or new.

Multiple outputs? Not new, Got four on my G70, rarely use them. Got eight (ten, really, plus digitals) on my Kurzweil. Rarely use them... Definitely not new.

HD? Not new. As was pointed out, the nearly $2k less T3 has one (MAP seems to be just the jumping off point). My G70 has a 50MB solid state HD (FAR better than a conventional HD for seek times and loading)...

And, let us not forget, all these so called 'new' technologies exist (and have existed for ages) in WS's that cost a THIRD or the Audya's price.

76 keys... G70 PA2Xpro At LEAST $1500 less.

But where are the style creation, style editing, sequence editing tools, voice editing tools, sampler tools, yada yada yada..? Nothing new there, either, sadly. Ketron make some very good 'preset' arrangers, but if you want to edit your styles, create new ones, 'morph' styles together, tweak them to be how YOU want them, etc., and have a vast selection of third party and user edited styles, you may have to use one of those poor, 'cheap' arrangers!

Look, of course SOME people will order this sight unseen. They buy Hummers and Lamborghini's too, unseen. But back in the REAL world, of OMB's and working gigging musicians, the cost of something has to have SOME impact, shouldn't it? If not, contact me. I have some land for sale at vastly inflated prices too... what does it matter that it floods from time to time?

I wasn't saying that multiple outputs were new and I don't care if you have never used your outputs either.

I was simply trying to make a statement to say that the Ketron Audya, at least in materials , plus the thought that some musicians /people, other than yourself, may be able to utilize the outputs (me)and 2 XLR mic inputs (me), enjoy the 76 keys which in turn can justify a price point vs. the Tyros at $3999.00 and made of plastic.

#261945 - 04/23/09 04:58 PM Re: Audya price announced
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:

So your informed, the only thing ketron didn't do from what I remember was the style morph. everything else, style editing, creation, voice editing it was all there and they had a big style library that can be ordered. As far as third party styles never had a problem finding anything.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online