SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#261805 - 04/18/09 01:54 AM Re: video clip from todays show 300 plus kids there today!!
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Mikey

I really enjoyed watching those kids having fun with your great music. Also enjoyed our phone conversation tonight. Take care, bud

#261806 - 04/18/09 04:23 AM Re: video clip from todays show 300 plus kids there today!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Mikey,

I see what you mean you had those kids fired up!! Whoa!! Great job!

I'm lucky enough to live nearby Mikey and have been to his show. 3 of us went to his show at the Cape Codder Resort last August. The thought was to stay for maybe an hour of the 3 hour show. We liked it so much stayed for 2 and a half hours.

At the Cape Codder show the parents and we bystanders get involved too!! Amazing the level of competition gets really heated when Mikey starts giving small prizes, it's a site to see.

#261807 - 04/18/09 04:29 AM Re: video clip from todays show 300 plus kids there today!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Thank you for all the positive comments. I am blessed to be able to make a living working with kids. In order to keep it flowing for a full gig you must be creative. Children have very short attention spans. You need incorporate songs that engage them to do things. It may be singing a verse, moving there hands and feet , legs etc. to different parts of the song. Props will also help with this.We buy a lot of our hats and headwear from a company called Elope. Simply the best quality on the market. I suggest watching movies like nemo, the incredibles etc.(dreamworks, disney) You will see the clever way comedy can be used to win over the children and adults with the same jokes and bits.

The other important thing is not to talk down to them. Their energy and responses to what you do will re energize you and your material as the show carries on.

Sorry for rambling!!

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid..com
www.77bucks.com Affordable web design

#261808 - 04/18/09 06:06 AM Re: video clip from todays show 300 plus kids there today!!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Great job Mikey!!!
That is an affable audience.
I like very much to play with my young music students.

Chico

#261809 - 04/18/09 07:52 AM Re: video clip from todays show 300 plus kids there today!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mikey IS the MAN !!!...

Great job ...

t.

#261810 - 04/18/09 07:53 AM Re: video clip from todays show 300 plus kids there today!!
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Mikey [b]IS the MAN !!!...

Great job ...

t. [/B]

Thanks T

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com