SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261405 - 04/15/09 12:54 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have msn.com as my PC home page ... this story is now one of the lead stories on that page ...
and we saw it here first !!!
t.

#261406 - 04/15/09 01:04 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
leezone Offline

all she needs now is an AUDYA ;-)

#261407 - 04/15/09 01:29 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
all she needs now is an AUDYA ;-)

Why kill the story like ketron did

#261408 - 04/15/09 04:38 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
unfortunately it is highly unlikely that she will have any commercial success. Her voice is ok , definately not brilliant. She is getting all this attention because her voice does not match her image. that novelty will wear off very quickly. As unpleasant as it sounds the reality is that if she looked differently , noone would be talking about her or placing youtube links to her performance. I wish her well and i hope she enjoys her momemnts in the limelight. I just hope her head is screwed on right and does not get swept away with the present hysteria.

#261409 - 04/15/09 05:06 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Hopefully this has a different ending than the Paul Potts story line did...

What do you mean, I don't think he has any problem!
At least nothing is said here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Potts

#261410 - 04/15/09 05:49 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
unfortunately it is highly unlikely that she will have any commercial success. Her voice is ok , definately not brilliant. She is getting all this attention because her voice does not match her image. that novelty will wear off very quickly. As unpleasant as it sounds the reality is that if she looked differently , noone would be talking about her or placing youtube links to her performance. I wish her well and i hope she enjoys her momemnts in the limelight. I just hope her head is screwed on right and does not get swept away with the present hysteria.

Shes already being singed with Simons BMG label.......

Susan Boyle is not just another Britain’s Got Talent contender, she surprised the talent contest’s judges including Simon Cowell and the millions of viewers throughout the world.

One look and you will know that Susan Boyle has a disability. But that didn’t stop her to show off her talent and to the surprise of many Britain’s Got Talent fans, what she have is something far from the ordinary.

Susan Boyle is now a web phenomenon after she sang I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Miserables. Susan Boyle’s brought the live audience to their feet and awed the judges.

Backstage, Susan revealed in an interview that she’s never been kissed and lives alone with her cat, Pebbles, plain facts that many compared her to William Hung of American Idol, but clearly, she got real talent.

After the performance which you can watch thru the video below, Susan met with Sony BMG label which means that something great is coming for her.

#261411 - 04/15/09 07:09 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
What do you mean, I don't think he has any problem!
At least nothing is said here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Potts

This section:

"... there was some controversy[14]as to the "undiscovered" nature of Potts' talent. He was portrayed on the show as simply a mobile-phone salesman, whereas he had in fact appeared in six amateur opera productions and in a concert for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra[8] and had plans for a summer tour with that orchestra.[8] Potts responded to his critics saying that he had not claimed to be completely untutored, that he had never performed any concert for pay and was therefore amateur and that the lessons he had received in Italy had been paid for from his own savings.[15]"

A big part of his charm was his being a cell phone salesman, coming out of nowhere...Well, it really wasn't as it was portrayed, was it?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#261412 - 04/15/09 07:45 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Retired Offline

Loc: England
A comment on ‘Susan Boyal’ out of over 52,000 on you tube by
tuckersgrl

From the very 1st. word that came out of her mouth, I could c the beauty inside of her. Now when I listen2 her sing, my heart fills up with such emotion, both happy and sadness. Happiness Bcuz her dream has finally come true & sadness because of how we treat people. It seems that if someone is not beautiful, on the outside, we fail 2 c the beauty on the N side. Susan, U R a true gift from God. May he continue 2 bless U with lots of success,
I could not have put it better.
Fred Wren

#261413 - 04/15/09 08:38 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

Well said Fred.....
Susan is truly blessed....
I was moved by her performance myself.
"never judge a book by its cover!"

#261414 - 04/16/09 04:16 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
This section:

"... there was some controversy[14]as to the "undiscovered" nature of Potts' talent. He was portrayed on the show as simply a mobile-phone salesman, whereas he had in fact appeared in six amateur opera productions and in a concert for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra[8] and had plans for a summer tour with that orchestra.[8] Potts responded to his critics saying that he had not claimed to be completely untutored, that he had never performed any concert for pay and was therefore amateur and that the lessons he had received in Italy had been paid for from his own savings.[15]"

A big part of his charm was his being a cell phone salesman, coming out of nowhere...Well, it really wasn't as it was portrayed, was it?

yes I understand that, but it isn't like he was already a "professional" artist or anything. If any of us here in SZ sings that good, and gets "discovered" by a show like that, the fact that we have played in front of audiences, does not - in my book- show that we don't have talent or we shouldn't be included. It only shows that we couldn't make that talent known to the world (and to our pockets as well).

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online