SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261495 - 05/31/09 03:21 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
All the results of UK Talent shows are about as legitimate as MP Expenses. (I have yet to see any that have not been fixed in some way, usually by who they let on in the first place)
Don’t forget even Blue Peter competitions have been fixed in the past. (And there are plenty of other shows that have been exposed as a fix as well)
Regards

Bill

#261496 - 05/31/09 04:10 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
you are right Bill but it is precisely because of the recent (within last 2 years) telephone vote fixing that i am more ready to believe BGT's result. These types of voting are more closely scrutinised than they have ever been before. I believe this was a genuine result.

#261497 - 05/31/09 06:45 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I'm also glad she didn't win. Her voice is ok, its not a once in a generation voice like some have suggested in the media.

I also still believe that her appearance got her noticed by the producers and played a huge part in her being given the opportunity to participate on the show in the first place.

Where the "wow, we've never really had anyone looking like her, let's put her on..." ended and her natural vocal gifts took over, hard to say.

Well, maybe Paul Potts is pretty frumpy looking in his own right...

My point is just that if she was better looking, ten years younger, I think her chances of getting as deep into the process as she did would have been much less.

I really enjoyed the winners...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#261498 - 05/31/09 01:15 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
another FIX like idol this year?

OH she won..She won BIG...She will earn more and is far better know then those dancers worldwide. She is now and will always be a phenomenon with earing power. Second place winners have been know to trunp first pace winners on those shows. This will not be an exception.

Winning would have hurt her worse. She is the UNDERDOG once again and thats where she shines and is at the root of her current success. the whole F Bomb thing was GENIUS,,,,
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261499 - 05/31/09 02:17 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

The "Hairy Angel" will do well worldwide for sure.....
Simon Cowell will make sure of it

"Experts, however, believe that win or lose Susan - dubbed the Hairy Angel because of her looks and voice - is guaranteed a massive windfall from record sales, endorsements and TV appearances.
They believe her global fame will guarantee she surpasses the earnings of previous winners on the show.
A show insider admitted there was an expectation she will become a millionaire: 'If she comes up with an album with the kind of songs that really suit her and that everybody loves she will sell millions.
'In the next year she could comfortably make £5million. Paul Potts almost did that and Susan Boyle is much much bigger."

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-31-2009).]

#261500 - 05/31/09 03:03 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
OH she won..She won BIG...She will earn more and is far better know then those dancers worldwide. She is now and will always be a phenomenon with earing power. Second place winners have been know to trunp first pace winners on those shows. This will not be an exception.

Winning would have hurt her worse. She is the UNDERDOG once again and thats where she shines and is at the root of her current success. the whole F Bomb thing was GENIUS,,,,

My wife and I had the same conversation. Although the dancers won I don't even know their name. Susan Boyle has the name recognition. We wouldn't have minded her winning just a case of rooting for the underdog.

#261501 - 06/01/09 12:20 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8076413.stm

I hope she will be ok. Fame and fortune comes with a heavy price tag

#261502 - 06/01/09 04:40 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
John DiLeo Offline

It is really a shame what is happening to this woman. All she did was sing a song.

#261503 - 06/01/09 05:51 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
While Susan Boyle gets her fifteen minutes due to the machinations of Simon Cowell's Evil Empire (I guarantee he'll make a LOT more off of her than she will), has anyone thought about the fact that, out there, there probably IS 'the voice of a generation' languishing away because she (or he) doesn't fit these 'reality' stereotypes and has more sense than to get involved with these sharks...?

I am sorry to hear about Ms. Boyle's 'exhaustion'. Mine, unfortunately, started with the first season of American Idol

#261504 - 06/15/09 06:51 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
John DiLeo Offline

Looks like she is on her way again even though she came in second place.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090615/ap_en_ot/eu_britain_boyle

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online