Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261485 - 05/02/09 05:10 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
you have to understand British news papers King frog. A source close to Simon Cowell ??? But not Simon Cowell....And who is the source???? Nobody.... And which major film companies want to make a story of her life ?????? Apparently they were not quoted either.....

Maybe American newspapers don't resort to 'making news up' . Unfortunately British papers do it all the time.....

No, we have Fox News to do that for us over here...

Apparently, because we are not allowed to show nude girls on page three, print media in the US is at the point of financial collapse

Sad to say, about the only sources of unbiased journalism, at least of the TV kind, left in the US are BBC America and PBS.

In the meantime, I simply can't WAIT for the Susan Boyle movie. With any luck, it will be at LEAST as good as that Paris Hilton movie

Two thumbs up (but I won't say where! )...

#261486 - 05/03/09 05:34 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[b]Her success is completely manufactured. She has been trying to make a career in music most of her life. Now Simon and his cronies have decided this is this year's 'Big Thing'...

Apparently persistence paid off..

Quote:
And please don't tell me the 'public' has spoken. Sorry, but the public say what they are told to say. See what they are shown. Do what is expected of them. Baaaaa....

and that's news? OBAMA is President..!!! LOL

Quote:
Think I'm being cynical? OK, explain that OTHER Idol 'sensation', She-Bang Huang...

She can actually carry a tune......Huang was a comedian..Even you should be able to tell the difference...

I suppose, from the fact that he had his fifteen minutes, he MUST be a great and genuine talent too? I mean, how could we POSSIBLY argue with what the 'public' likes? Oh, might as well put Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian up in that pantheon, too...

The idea is to please the PUBLIC....not DIKI..In that regard, she has achieved far more....ya think?

Quote:
I'm sorry, but the last few years have only shown us that ANYBODY can be made into a 'star', if only enough TV time is put behind them.

And that's a new concept?? No Diki thats been going on since the 70's.......and here I thought only us frogs lived under rocks...

Quote:
Who knows, Kingfrog? Perhaps even you...

NO thanks..Fame is a prison...My idealization of success is Barry Mann.....not Barry Manilow

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-03-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261487 - 05/03/09 05:40 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Yeah I bought the T-Shirt.........

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-03-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261488 - 05/03/09 10:46 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So fame is a prison...? And you respect those that labor quietly in the background over those thrust into the spotlight?

So why the fascination with this?

BTW, duh! Of course I know that Huang's act was a comedy. The point was, it was TERRIBLE comedy, and has died the death despite the same hoopla surrounding it as Susan has. Now it is a tragedy.

Huang had the same kind of numbers, a vast internet following, movie offers, yada yada yada. I see no difference.

BTW, thanks once again for the Obama reference. Of course, by the same logic, of course, those sheep voted for Bush not once, but TWICE. Yet another terrible comedy that turned into a tragedy...

Thanks for the Mann reference, though, Had almost forgotten him and Cynthia... although I was more of a Goffin and King guy, myself. I had the great pleasure to work in the Brill Building some in the eighties. You can definitely feel the 'vibe' in there...

#261489 - 05/04/09 01:04 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
keep watching Britain's Got talent. There genuinely are some amazing acts on them show. I think that there are some contestants on that pro gramme that have a good shot at winning. I dont normally like these shows (apart from the later stages of American Idol ) but every now and again i get surprised

#261490 - 05/24/09 08:03 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

#261491 - 05/24/09 03:19 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

http://www.susan-boyle.com/video/Susan-Boyles-Semi-Final-Perform

She does it again!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-24-2009).]

#261492 - 05/30/09 06:25 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding Offline

So Miss Boyle didnt win .....After millions of youtube hits, countless headlines in newspaper and bookmakers making her odds on favourate. I wish her well for the future.

#261493 - 05/30/09 07:57 PM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
Dnj Offline

another FIX like idol this year?

#261494 - 05/31/09 01:43 AM Re: 47 year old woman on Britain's Got Talent
spalding Offline

I dont know about American idol but it was not a fix for Britains got talent. There is no way that anyone could say that susan Boyle had more talent than any of the other 9 contestants in BGT finals. She is a nice woman but her talent is decidedly average. All the other singers on the show actually could sing and did sing better than susan boyle . The dancers were just incredible. Diversity had just amazing creativity taking street dance to a whole new level that is slick and entertaining and inspiring and funny and truly brilliant. Britain returned an honest and none hyped verdict. Diversity had virtually no media attention no youtube propaganda, no movie star endorsements, just pure talent. And thats what the show ought to be about. I am sure we have not seen the last of susan Boyle but i am proud that the British people actually rejected the hype and false headlines and manufactured ' wow' in favour of what they truly thought was amazing.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 05-31-2009).]

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online