SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#261342 - 04/11/09 03:03 PM Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here is a short song I'd like to post for everyone showcasing some preset patch sounds from my Fantom G. The main "patches" (Roland speak for Yammie voices ) showcase a couple of guitars i.e. the Nylon 1 and COSM 1 from the Fantom G presets. There is also a Soft Pad and the Pure EP plus a 6Str Fretless Bass and with a couple of analog sounds mixed in. To top it off there is the WD Std Kit 1a; plus the FG PercMenu 1 kit and also the Classic HipHop Kit used for the Drums. Hopefully this will give you a better idea of the sound potential on the Fantom G. The uncompressed .wav version is the second link as you can see. Enjoy!

World's Away .mp3

World's Away .wav

All the best,
Mike

#261343 - 04/11/09 04:59 PM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW! Well done
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#261344 - 04/11/09 08:34 PM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
ocomain Offline

Tasty indeed!

Michael

#261345 - 04/11/09 11:43 PM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
Tostie Offline

It's a new demo song from the Roland Fantom(-G) Connects project from Roland U.S. Check http://backstage.rolandus.com/current_promotions/rebate_details.php?rebateId=56 for more info.

#261346 - 04/12/09 01:26 AM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
So this is the factory demo song included with the download of the “FG Connects” Project.

It certainly does a fine job of showcasing the new content which includes:

Over 600 new rhythm patterns
14 new rhythm kits
Over 100 new chord memories
96 new RPS phrases
New edits of the most popular arpeggio phrases

Good find, Mike, and thanks for sharing.

Ian

#261347 - 04/12/09 05:31 AM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So this is the factory demo song included with the download of the “FG Connects” Project.

So Mike didn't play this himself? just another demo?

#261348 - 04/12/09 08:08 AM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

So Mike didn't play this himself? just another demo?

As he such a stickler for total honesty from everyone else, I can't imagine Michael's post was an attempt to trick anyone into thinking he actually played this piece....the demonstrator is clearly a professional....and, although I'm certainly not implying that Mike isn't. , there is a difference between the latter's style (heard on his old web site) and what's on this demo...not that Mike couldn't produce one just as good, mind you, I'm sure he's very capable of doing so, given the time.

He was probably just excited about the "FG Connects" project, and wanted to share it with us as soon as possible.

Yep, it's "just another demo", Donny, albeit a pretty good one....I like the guitars a lot, although, to my ears, they still don't capture the realism of Yamaha's mega and SA voices(even on my S900)....close, but no cigar.

Just think, we may be hearing these voices....er...."patches" on Roland's next TOTL arranger.

Whoopee.

Ian

#261349 - 04/12/09 08:58 AM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I like the guitars a lot, although, to my ears, they still don't capture the realism of Yamaha's mega and SA voices(even on my S900)....close, but no cigar.
Just think, we may be hearing these voices....er...."patches" on Roland's next TOTL arranger. Ian

I'll agree there Ian....Yamaha's SA & Mega voices are truly remarkable...I love them also.

#261350 - 04/12/09 09:03 AM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
As he such a stickler for total honesty from everyone else, I can't imagine Michael's post was an attempt to trick anyone into thinking he actually played this piece....the demonstrator is clearly a professional....and, although I'm certainly not implying that Mike isn't. , there is a difference between the latter's style (heard on his old web site) and what's on this demo...not that Mike couldn't produce one just as good, mind you, I'm sure he's very capable of doing so, given the time.

He was probably just excited about the "FG Connects" project, and wanted to share it with us as soon as possible.

Yep, it's "just another demo", Donny, albeit a pretty good one....I like the guitars a lot, although, to my ears, they still don't capture the realism of Yamaha's mega and SA voices(even on my S900)....close, but no cigar.

Just think, we may be hearing these voices....er...."patches" on Roland's next TOTL arranger.

Whoopee.

Ian

Funny how Yamaha puts the Arranger voices in the next Workstation but Roland does the opposite?

I can say this. I am using the Motif voices more than the Tyros in 80% of the songs we are doing.(Excepting the SA2 stuff) Much more editing capability (not to mention MIDI capability). Haven't use Tyros Drums at all.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#261351 - 04/12/09 09:18 AM Re: Showcase of Sounds from Fantom G...
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, Yamaha does things their own way, which of course, they think is the best for their purposes.

I think the higher prices of Yamaha's arrangers (as opposed to workstations) pay for the R&D.

I've played the Motif (and the Fantom G) many times, and they have great sounds, but, since they don't have enough arranger features/functions for my needs, I'm quite content to use the Tyros3/PSR-S900.

Ian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online