SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#261136 - 04/08/09 12:05 PM Re: What and where WON'T you play?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Persnickity? Guilty as charged! It's the same thing as being an old Fart set in his ways. Or, being the "standard bearer" and not selling out! It's the difference between being primarily a musician instead of putting the emphasis on being an entertainer.

Whatever floats your boat...whatever works.

This works for me,

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 04-08-2009).]

#261137 - 04/09/09 09:13 AM Re: What and where WON'T you play?
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Lewis:
Since coming on this forum I'm quite impressed with the availablility of gigs out there and the number of you guys still doing them. Actually I'm jealous.
I've been playing for years and always to favorable response but gigs are few a far between here for live music, especially the one-man-band thing. I love the restaurant/bar ads that say "Live DJ' as thought its exciting to see someone stand there and put CD's on or play with their laptop. When it says "Dead DJ" I'm goin IN!!
I'm retiring from teaching this year and would love to play a few gigs a week.
Where do I have to move to????

Bill NJ

Bill, there are probably lots of jobs around you, you just have to look for them and maybe adjust your thinking just a little. I, and a lot of guys here play retirement communities. These jobs are short, usually one hour although the big places schedule regular dances that are longer. The pay is good, $100.00 to $150.00 per hour and they are really fun jobs. Also, family members are often present and ask for business cards. I get quite a few private parties this way. You might not have considered this before, but I and many others find this market very lucretive and rewarding.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#261138 - 04/09/09 10:05 AM Re: What and where WON'T you play?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Russ, Guilty as charged? That's not a bad thing. It was only an observation. Play on!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online